Adding friends on MFP, does it help you?

Options
I have been using MFP for a while, but only tonight have I started using the message boards. Do you feel like adding friends really motivates you more, or offers you a little bit more support. I am pretty much dieting alone and exercising alone, it doesnt bother me too much, I guess, but I wondered if others felt it helped.

Replies

• liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    absolutely! I have some that are ahead of me, some behind, some that help me with exercise questions too --- I find it makes a huge difference
  • deannarey13
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    yes!!!!!:happy:
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    YES! Most definitely! I joined here first with no friends and didnt' stick to it. Made friends this time and still here :)
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It truly does! I have lost nearly 50 lbs and I couldn't have done it all on my own! I would have gotten discouraged or had a bad day and given up long ago if I didn't have the support behind me. Everyone can use that!
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It is a great inspiration to have friends on your page!! Feel free to add me!!
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new to MFP but so far I like adding friends because they can help me stay on track by pointing out food diary flaws or give me exercise tips. Or just basically be there to say great job when you have lost even half a pound. Its all about the motivation and fact that if I fail I have some people behind me that can help get me back on track. And it motivates me to be that person for someone else as well.
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    totally!!!
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for a while, but only tonight have I started using the message boards. Do you feel like adding friends really motivates you more, or offers you a little bit more support. I am pretty much dieting alone and exercising alone, it doesnt bother me too much, I guess, but I wondered if others felt it helped.

I did the same thing about a week ago! I got the MFP app on my iPhone back in August, but didn't get into it until just after Christmas. Lurked around the forums for a while just reading, which motivated me some more, and now I'm posting on here!

It's really good to have other people posting their achievements and questions in your little news feed. I know when I see people exercising that makes me want to get my butt into gear!
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    I find having friends make s the whole journey much more fun - and when times are tough, there's always someone to cheer you up and keep you on track. My MFP pals are the best support group ever.

And if anyone wants to add me, they are very welcome.:flowerforyou:
  • californiagirl10
    Options
    Talking to people most certainly helps! Its wonderful to read and see people diaries to see cool fun things to make to eat, to see peoples struggles, and relate to others on the same journey! It super super fun! =) & I feel motivated everyday having the freinds I have on MFP they help me ALOT!!! Add me if you want support =)
  • barberella
    Options
    MyLanta Yes!! Get some friends. Even though, you won't probably ever meet any one on here, you do start to get to "know" some people, and will find that some really lead similar lives, and have a lot in common as far as weight goals and so much other stuff. It has been my biggest source of support and main reason I haven't fallen off the wagon as I have countless times before.
  • deeremom9
    Options
    I really think it helps me. I feel like I have someone else that I am responsible to other than myself. Someone that is checking on me. There were times that I tried to lose weight before but on my own and I NEVER stuck to them. This time I'm in it all the way and having friends for support makes a big big difference to me. Good luck! :happy:
  • LiveLife73
    Options
    add me if u like....
  • BlutAura
    Options
    Most definitely!
    Whenever my will power wavers or I lose sight of what the end goal is, my friends are right there to support and press me onwards.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Definitely!!! This is a tough journey and you never know what you can learn from someone else's experiences. Add me if you like.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    It is very helpful! I didn't have any friends for a long time either but I'm so glad I started adding people. Every little goal I reach there is always someone there to cheer me on! They can offer support when you are down and they also can help hold you accountable. For instance, I'm not supposed to be losing anymore weight and this morning I was down 1.8 pounds and a friend on my list pipped up and told me I needed add some nuts or avocado to my meals! lol They can also be inspiration and motivation. When you see people working so hard towards their goal, it can motivate you to work harder too. I have one friend on my FL that has lost over 100 pounds, that is truly inspirational!

....and if nothing else, they are good to have a laugh with from time to time xD
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I was cautiouse about making friend as well. The friends I have made give incouragement and I try to do the same for them.
  • SeattleLady
    Options
    really helps! Add me too if you want!
  • NuclearGirl
    Options
    I love the way my "friends" are supportive - offering words of encouragement and praise - it's a real soul-booster to know that somebody (who you have never met before) has bothered to take an interest in you. I also love the fact that we are all in the same boat here - lots of very different individuals but with the same goal in mind - no need to explain yourself because they already know what you are going through. It's been a real bonus to be a part of this community - I don't feel so 'alone' on my journey :smile:

ps> Add me as a friend if you like!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!