How much weight did you lose before you went down a size (or

NeuroticVirgo
NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
I know everyone loses differently, and in different areas....but I'm just wondering *roughly* how much weight some of you lost before you needed smaller clothes?

Replies

• CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    It took me 16 lbs. but that was also 5 inches lost
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    My first week with a personal trainer about a year ago I lost 10lbs and 19 inches, I couldn't afford to buy new clothes so I bought a belt lol. Looked pretty funny but I honestly didn't think I'd continue to lose weight and thought I'd gain it all back so figured I'd keep the "old" clothes.
    Writing this response I just realized how much I have changed physically but most importantly mentally. So Thank You!!!
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    well, i haven't gone to try on new clothes, but i sure do have to hike my pants up an awful lot lately, and that's only at 6lbs lost. which really sucks (not really) since i just got 3 pairs of pants recently from a gift certificate my dad gave me for christmas. i am not even going to wear them in a little bit before i will have to buy new ones. curse you weight lose!!!! haha
  • I used to wear size 16. Now that I am 15 lbs lighter, I fit in size 12.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    I have lost 26 pounds and no size change yet. But honestly I think because I've started so heavy (260 pounds) that the clothes become more generous and less form fitting the bigger you go!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    well, i haven't gone to try on new clothes, but i sure do have to hike my pants up an awful lot lately, and that's only at 6lbs lost. which really sucks (not really) since i just got 3 pairs of pants recently from a gift certificate my dad gave me for christmas. i am not even going to wear them in a little bit before i will have to buy new ones. curse you weight lose!!!! haha

You could see how much it would be to take the pants in. I eventually gave in and had my sister do it for me during the first few months, due to the fact money was pretty tight and I didn't want to buy something to only have to go out again due to more weight loss ( not that that's a bad thing) haha
  • Usually 5kg is one dress size (in Australia) e.g. I am currently 80kg and in size 14. My goal weight is 57kg that is size 8-10 Hope this helps - Might be different in different countries - I think the sizing is not the same - Good luck and happy shopping :):flowerforyou:
  • I almost always have to lose at least an inch or two off my hips to drop a size. I used to work in clothing store where the jeans were sized by waist/length such as, 24/32. Even though my waist would be about that size, unless my hips are approximately 10 inches bigger than my waist, then they don't fit. I don't know the actual weight though that it took to lose an inch.
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    I went down a size in pants after losing 19 pounds (and I am definitely a plus-size gal). It just depends on your body and where you lose it from. I am losing 1" in my hips and chest to 5" in my waist (my waist is the smallest part of me to begin with). Different people lose inches at different rates and from different areas. Your biological make-up and family genes will play a lot into it.
  • Over the process of losing almost 70 lbs it has varied drastically. Some one size drops were with only 4 or 5 lbs loss but other times it was 10-15 pounds.
    67 lbs down and I am down 5 pant sizes. But I have quite the rear end haha I went from a 38DD to nearly a 34D. Everyone definitely loses differently. :-D
    Throughout the process I bought clothes primarily ON SALE, or hand me downs from friends. Until my weight loss slowed down, I buy still on sale and also belts are a wonderful thing! Haha
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    This is a really good question. I have a closet full of size 14 clothes (that are now too small) but I wore size 14 when I was as low as 170 lbs up through 220 lbs (mostly the exact same items). I've currently lost 14 pounds (8 since MFP) and I am still in the same jeans I was when I was 10 pounds lighter than my current weight. I think it just depends on how you hold your weight.
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    290# size24
    275# size 22
    260# size20 current
    245# size18 soon vary soon i will have you back in the front of my closet mawh ha ha
    before that i wore mens 32, 34, 36, 38 no clue about corresponding weights
    i am 5'7"
  • 290# size24
    275# size 22
    260# size20 current
    245# size18 soon vary soon i will have you back in the front of my closet mawh ha ha
    before that i wore mens 32, 34, 36, 38 no clue about corresponding weights
    i am 5'7"
    WOW! Congratulations on your life changes! GET INTO THOSE HOT PANTS!! :-D
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I don't remember ALL of the weights and sizes, but I remember some of the more recent ones.

When I started out losing weight about a decade ago, I was 191 and size 20. I yo-yo'd a lot back then and didn't get SERIOUS about it until I was 155 and size 14. Here's approximately what I have weighed at each size since that 155 pound size 14 point---

149 size 12 (Big day for me when I got into 12's!!! I bought 3 pairs of jeans and some shorts)
    142 size 10
    139 size 8
    128 size 6 (another huge day for me since I had met my goal. That was back in 2008, though).

Because I had done P90X, I gained lots of muscle, so when I gained "weight" back I didn't gain "size" back. After my low of 128 and size 6, I bounced back up 150 and size 10. That was this past Christmas. I then got down to 145 when I started back up again right after Christmas, but my size was the same. I started really counting everything again January 3 this year. I am now 138 pounds wearing a very loose size 8. I probably *could* squeeze into a size 6, but my psyche won't let me try them on until I lose at least 3-5 more pounds.

I am hoping that after losing about 4 more pounds I will be back in my size 6 and when I get to my goal weight of 125 I will be in a size 4.

By the way, I am slightly taller than 5'4" tall so I don't think my goal weight or size is too small at all.
  • Imy size 22 (australian) jeans are baggy on me now so I am guess I will fit a size 20 comfortably. and I had some sports bras i bought online that didn't even go over my shoulders when I bought them. now I can get them on with a squeeze here and there. ha. i don't wear them just yet. but give me a few weeks ;)

I am down 21lbs.
  • Down 27 lbs and I haven't lost inches or sizes. My lower legs and forearms have changed...that's about it :(
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    For me:

297 (my heaviest) I was in a 26
    Im at 258.8 now and 22's are too big but 20s are too small lol.
  • I think the most I have ever weighed is about 165lbs, and I was a UK 16 :-/, my body does not suit being that big, I am currently about 144 and wearing a 10/12 UK, which I think is 8/10 in US - I so wish we used those sizes, I'd love to be able to say I was a size 8, lol.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    At 10 lbs down, my size hasn't changed, but I'm pretty sure I'm now wearing my clothes more the way the manufacturer intended. At my SW (212), size 22 was too big but size 20 was too small. Now I'm a "perfect" (hehe) size 20.
  • I have lost 10lbs and have not went down a pants size yet. I feel my pants current size getting too big. I think once I hit 15.0-20.0lbs lost I will be in a size down, matter of fact I am sure I will be. I can put those sizes on but they are SUPER tight and I can't button them up yet. So another 10.0lbs I'm sure that I can. (20lbs)
This discussion has been closed.