Kettle bell class

Options
Hey guys, what do u put a kettle bell class under? I cant find n e thing? and dont havea clue about cals burned?! xxx

Replies

• skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    sorry I have never even heard of a Kettle bell class. What is it?
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    best thing is to add it to your database and use a heart rate monitor and manually enter calorie
  • rwkem
    rwkem Posts: 35
    Options
    I agree...you will have to add it to your own and use your heartrate monitor to put it in!
  • kdavis74
    kdavis74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The calories burned during a kettlebell workout are comparable to a trained runner running a six-minute mile, according to the American Council on Exercise. A carefully planned 20-minute kettlebell workout burned 272 calories in a study commissioned by ACE.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/309472-calories-burned-in-a-kettlebell-workout/#ixzz1EhjCEvQU
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I dont do a class but i use my kettle bell at home...and i agree with previous posts...you will have to wear a hrm and put it in the database yourself....great workout I love mine!!
  • USCEE77
    Options
    It's another way of going after those muscles you normally don't exercise using standard weights or weight machines. If you're feeling sore in places you've never felt before, it means you're burning calories in those places that have been sitting idle for a long time. Be careful not to put too much pressure on your lower back swinging those kettle balls around.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Its impossible to know just from your post at to what intensity level you were at. I agree w/o a HRM you wouldn't know. It would depend on the size of weight, how fit you are and how intense the class was. I'd put it under strength training and light cardio and call it good if you were just guessing.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Thanks for all the replys guys!! I think Im gonna have to get myself a HRM and soon!! xxx
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replys guys!! I think Im gonna have to get myself a HRM and soon!! xxx

I got mine in Tesco, it was only £20 but does have a chest strap and as far as I can tell its pretty acurate.
  • Star1ing_Dar1ing
    Options
    usually the guys teaching the class wear one so after your session laters ask how many calories do they think you have burned ..

I always ask my spinning instructor :)
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options

I got mine in Tesco, it was only £20 but does have a chest strap and as far as I can tell its pretty acurate.

Awww thanks I will go have a wee look!! xxx
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Go for the HRM and I think you will be surprised by just how many calories you burn. A good Kettlebell work out is more of a cardio workout than people think. Keep in mind the Russian Navy used Kettlebells when at sea as their cardio trainers.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Catseye,

OMG I did they class - it nearly kille dme!! everyone says it gets easier so I am hoping so - lots of achy muscles today - I think I took this on too early - but I suppose the sooner I start the sooner I will get better!!

Ive been looking int oHRM's today and I get paid on fri - so I think I will defo be investing. xx