What are You making for dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

• DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    tonight I am cooking some Ronzoni Smart Taste elbow pasta, topped with ground turkey breast mixed with portobello merlot marinara sauce. and I'm having some grapes too.
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Grilled BBQ chicken... usually I just make grilled bonless skinless chicken but I've been craving BBQ, but I won't go crazy with the sauce.... oh and some green stuff
  • cacfish
    Options
    I love takeway sweet & sour pork....but tonight we are having weightwatchers sweet & sour sauce with turkey pieces & rice... I usually cook from fresh but it'll be a busy night in our house so 20minute meals are us!!
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    yellow split pea and pepper patties from the UK Biggest Loser book with coconut rice and roasted veg.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I will be having the chicken, LC wedge, and pasta again. I have class and I live alone so usually what I buy for dinner at the begining of the week I eat every night until Friday night when I go to my BF's house for the weekend.
  • songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hubby and the children will be having skinless boneless chicken breast cooked in a black bean sauce in pitta bread with lettuce cucumber spring onions and cheese.
    Mum-in-law and I will have baked potatoes, her with loads of butter :frown: , me with a portion of low fat cottage cheese, probably add some of the salad stuff to mine as well.
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm making shrimp and grits with sweet peppers. Its a great low cal recipe I found on the Whole Foods site some time ago. They have great dishes that are healthy and convenient.

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2622
  • kyregi
    kyregi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    We'll have Mexican Bean and Squash Soup:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mexican-Bean-and-Squash-Soup/Detail.aspx

The only change I make is I will puree the squash, carrots etc, as my kids don't like the texture of the squash pieces. And we add the "hot" stuff into the bowls, not the pot, as my kids don't eat hot.
  • april_kelley
    april_kelley Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Pork stir-fry with brown rice. Can't wait! :)

I have pork chops thawing...how do you make this? It sounds delicious and do you know the nutritional info?
  • amylary
    amylary Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Me and the kids are doing make your own pizza night . using reduced fat and non fat cheeses , turkey pepperoni on whole wheat 1/2 sandwhich rounds as crust then add whatever fresh veggies everyone likes to top pizzas , this is the kids favorite night for dinner and its healthy for them.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    whole wheat gnocchi and then a "sauce" made of roasted red peppers, artichokes, spinach and tomato

Can you give us the recipe for your sauce and can you make it without the artichokes?
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    We are having ribs and a lower fat potato salad with lots of fresh veg in it.
  • princesschikee
    Options
    Mediterranean Tuna Salad. It is so healthy and full of flavor. Here's the website for the recipe- http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Mediterranean-Tuna-Salad
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Grilled pork loin, baked sweet potato and steamed artichoke. That is assuming I get home at a reasonable hour and have time to cook. If not, the quick stand by - bean burrito on a whole grain tortilla, loaded with fresh veggies and hot sauce. Really want the first option though, so yummy.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Tonight:

Ultra-lean hamsteak
    Steamed Zuch/squash/carrots
    Black beans
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Last night was baked chicken breasts, green beans, and rice.

Tonight is my homemade baked pasta, corn, and applesauce
    (Pasta is not low-cal, but it's tasty and I eat a small portion)
  • curran80
    Options
    I am making a Chilli with minced turkey instead of beef.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Baked or grilled chicken, two garlic & herb laughing cow wedges mixed with whole wheat pasta and olive oil. Either asaragus or green peas. And of course some girl scout cookies, love my thin mints!

laughing cow mixed with pasta sounds good - never thought of that before!

I have heard it is yummy, this will be my first try.

OOOHH I'm gonna try it to! I mixed it with scrambled eggs the other day and it was so good!
  • princess_f
    Options
    leftover hommade shepherds pie with steamed greenbeans and broccoli
  • EliseMarie24
    EliseMarie24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump