Mostly for the ladies but men can answer to

Options
I am just curious what type of different body types everyone has... I was a size 16, now I am a size 10... 5'5 155lbs... I look at some of these celebrities and they are saying so and so wears a size 6 or 8 (Beyonce for example) I highly doubt that women wears a size 6.... So I was just wondering everyone height, weight, pants size... probably shouldnt compare...especially to celebs lol

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight as of Jan 29th: 227lbs
    Size: 16
  • mksgirl83
    Options
    wow! I just saw your weight loss, thats incredible!!!
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight as of Jan 29th: 227lbs
    Size: 16
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Height 5'2
    Weight : 132
    Size 4 or 6 depending on company.

I want to be 117 like jillian michaels.
  • TiffyL
    Options
    I am very VERY pear shaped. 5'9" 164lbs size 10. I wear a size medium top (even a small!!!). My friend who is "normal" proportioned wears one size bigger than me (a size 12) and out weighs me by 50 lbs!!!!! Crazy!!!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'9"
    weight: 256 pounds
    pants size: 26 :blushing:
  • jmmtaylor
    Options
    5'3' and 154 pounds and I'm in a size 12 pant, medium/large shirts (depending on the style).
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Lets not forget to include US or UK...a US size 6 is UK size 8-10. The US jeans I have are a size 14 but i'm a UK size 18

UK 18 on the bottom half, still a uk 20-22 top half
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am amazed by the answers to your question. I guess it depends on body shape and how tight or loose you like your clothing. I weighed 178 and wore a size 16 ( wore an 18 before that at 185 or so). Now I am at 157 or so and wear a size 12. I am 5'4 in height. Most of my weight is in my chest and tummy. I hope to be 145 or lower-don't know what size that will mean.
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    5'7", 190 lbs, size 12. Usually large shirts - I'm pretty curvy :grumble:
  • OceanAddict
    OceanAddict Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Women's clothing sizes are all screwed up.
    I'm 5'8", weigh 155 lbs, and am roughly a size 10. However, I went and bought some new jeans on the weekend (yay!). I haven't bought jeans in a loooong time, and was down to just one pair that looked somewhat presentable.

Anyway, I went into a store ( Lucky jeans) that appeared to have waist measurements on their jeans. Awesome, I thought, as I started gathering some 29s and 30s to try on. The saleslady came over, and after asking my waist size (29 or 30, duh), said, "Oh, well you'll wear a 27 then".

Whaaa? Why even put a waist measurement on the jeans if it's not right? Vanity sizing at its worst?

Anyway, rant over. I was just happy to find some nice-looking jeans that fit me.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    5'6
    210 lbs
    size 12 pants (can differ a little depending on style/store)
    XL shirts usually (also differs like pants)
  • megano_d
    Options
    5'11"+, 188lbs and a size 16. I was also a size 16 at 220lbs. Some 16s are too large now, but some are still too small. Cant win for losing.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    5'5 and about 147. I haven't tried on new pants recently, but my size 10s are getting pretty roomy. I'm either a small or medium in most misses' tops, depending on the cut of the sleeves. In juniors', either a L or XL top, and 9 or 11 in jeans.

I don't think you can go by what celebrities wear (or what size they say they are), since it seems the more expensive the clothes, the smaller size you get to wear. :wink:
  • mksgirl83
    Options
    lucky jeans are awesome however the sizing is all screwed up!!! I can get a 12 thats too tight and then pick up a 10 and they will be falling off!!!
    Women's clothing sizes are all screwed up.
    I'm 5'8", weigh 155 lbs, and am roughly a size 10. However, I went and bought some new jeans on the weekend (yay!). I haven't bought jeans in a loooong time, and was down to just one pair that looked somewhat presentable.

Anyway, I went into a store ( Lucky jeans) that appeared to have waist measurements on their jeans. Awesome, I thought, as I started gathering some 29s and 30s to try on. The saleslady came over, and after asking my waist size (29 or 30, duh), said, "Oh, well you'll wear a 27 then".

Whaaa? Why even put a waist measurement on the jeans if it's not right? Vanity sizing at its worst?

Anyway, rant over. I was just happy to find some nice-looking jeans that fit me.
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You might find this site interesting: http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Can search for different sizes, height, weight.
  • CougNurse2011
    Options
    5'4"
    Size 27 (inches).. I think translates into like an 8?
    Medium Top
  • mksgirl83
    Options
    I just want to clarify I never actually put myself in a 16... but my 14 were really tight...so... at one point in my life I was a 20 and I am never going back there!!! and pants size does vary on the brand... I am surprised at how different we all are!!!
    I am just curious what type of different body types everyone has... I was a size 16, now I am a size 10... 5'5 155lbs... I look at some of these celebrities and they are saying so and so wears a size 6 or 8 (Beyonce for example) I highly doubt that women wears a size 6.... So I was just wondering everyone height, weight, pants size... probably shouldnt compare...especially to celebs lol
  • mksgirl83
    Options
    awesome link!!!!
    You might find this site interesting: http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Can search for different sizes, height, weight.
  • ziggygirl2003
    ziggygirl2003 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    5'11"
    250 lbs
    Size 24 pants

I carry most of my weight in my belly, my waist measurements are almost the same as my hips. Comparing my stats to some of the other it seems like I'm wearing pants that are too big. Just makes me excited to see what I'll be wearing when I have more weight loss (30 to 40 pounds). I can't wait until I get to size 16, which is not my goal size, but at least I'll be able to buy pants without having to shop in the plus size section.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5"

When I started MFP I weighed 185 and wore a 16-18, depending on the pants.

Now I'm 135 and am a size 8 pant and a size small or XS sweater/soft tee. If it's a "t-shirt" shirt (not soft and stretchy) I'm a medium or large.

I dunno what size top I was when I started cuz I always wore unisex tees and sweatshirts. And typically bought those in a large. I know I had some large and XL womens tops that I got rid of when I cleaned my closet though.