Mostly for the ladies but men can answer to

Options

Replies

• backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I always thought they were 2 sizes away. e.g a UK size 4 would be a US size zero.

Ah that would make more sense!! :smile:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yes I think UK and US are 2 sizes apart too.

I'm 5' 2". When I started I was 159 lbs, finding my UK size 14 trousers tight, and even had a couple of pairs of size 16s.

Currently around 147lbs, my size 14s are all too loose, and I'm fitting with ease into the size 12 clothes in my wardrobe that I haven't worn in years! When I get to 140 it would be lovely to be a size 10-12.

But as others have mentioned, my body shape has changed. Unbelieveably, my calves are slimmer (muscle I guess), so my gorgeous Duo boots are now baggy. And while I love my toned arms, some sleeves are just too tight for them.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My body shape has also changed, although I think it has a lot to do with my age too.

When I was 20 I weighed 133lbs, and fitted comfortably into a uk size 14 in trousers and 12 in tops. I'm a bit heavier now, but wearing a smaller size, and brands that would have been a strange fitting on me before now fit me perfectly. Even my shoes are too big now!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    5'10" 242 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I always thought the UK and US were one size out, like backinthenines. Thanks for clarifying!
    I'm 5'6" 147 lbs and UK size 12.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Wow, no kidding these answers are all over the place. Yes, just shows you how body type and brands vary greatly.

I am 5'4", 152 pounds, size 8-10/M bottoms, size M/L/XL (depends on cut and style) tops.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I was always slim (to the point of being too skinny!!) until I hit about 18... Then I started going out for dinner and drinking alcohol a lot more etc... I got an office job after Uni and generally did little exercise

By my mid 20's my weight had crept up and aged 26 I lost almost 36lbs to get down to 112lbs... I wasn't thin (I am only 5ft 1in) but I was a UK size 8/10 and still had a figure (waist, boobs etc..)

Gradually my weight crept up again so I put on 18lbs of the 36lbs I lost... And here I am again!!!

Ideally anything between 112 - 117lbs is my goal.

I never want to be skinny, growing up I had no figure to speak of and that is not my aim. I am not a teenager any more.

I currently wear a size 12 (UK) bottom and size 10/12 (UK) top - although today I have on a tight sweater size 8 (UK) - I guess this sweater 'grew' with me or is vanity sized though as there is no way - even at 117lbs - I am a size 8 on top!! LOL
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    5'7"
    size 2-4 ( if pants are before america's vanity sizing im a 4ish but todays 2-
    hips measure 36nches

4 years ago was 5'7", 175, size 12
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I totally envy your size 12--and your height!! Sigh. I will look in the mirror (and my closet) and remind myself that if I were 5'6 I would be curvy instead of fat.

5'3
    201 lbs
    US size 20 pants
    Women's XXL shirts
    5'6
    210 lbs
    size 12 pants (can differ a little depending on style/store)
    XL shirts usually (also differs like pants)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I am glad guys don`t have this size # for our clothes,would drive me nuts.

Am just shy of 5'9 and around 185 lbs,shirts are a medium and jeans are 32x30.
  • tmaksparkie
    Options
    I am 5'4" and 160lbs and wear a size 8 or 10. It really depends on where you carry your weight.
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and weigh currently about 136 lbs (61.8 kg). I'm a pear and I carry most of my weight in my tummy and thighs.
    I've worn anything from a size 4 to an 8 (size 8 - 12 AUS), with a larger size for my bottoms. Sizing is crazy! I tend to take in about three sizes of something when I try things on: one for my "usual" size, one larger and one smaller. I hate traipsing across stores to hunt for a different size!
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and was 195 at my highest weight and wore a size (12/14 US sizes)

Now I'm 148 (24% BF) and wear a size 6 in dresses, 8 in pants and jeans, Small/Medium in tops

I have a lot of lean muscle so I'm heavier than I look.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    5'7"
    140-146 (can't keep stable weight)
    US size- 7-9pants/dress, depending on brand
    shirts med-large depending on cut and brand

I have to add, I like to shop at Gap (outlet) cause their sizes are "big" so I can wear a 4-6/small.
    I have a belly to lose, my goal is 125, though 130 will make me happy (as long as I put on muscle)

You are almost exactly like me. I am 5'7" and keep going between 140-145 depending on what I ate the day before (sodium) and can comforably wear 8 but still wear some 10's that don't fall off. I too want to be at least a 6 and 130. I was 115 in high school until I was about 20 I guess and don't want to be that small but definitely want to be smaller than I am now.
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 273 and I wear 22s. At 310 I was still a 24 and I will probably be a 22 until I am about 240 or less. I figure I will be a 14 at 180 and if I can make it to the 150s I will be a 10 or 8. Fingers crossed!!!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and 160lbs and wear a size 8 or 10. It really depends on where you carry your weight.

or where you shop. :wink:
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    Height: 5'4
    Weight: 153
    Size Pant: 10
    I miss being a size 4... but I dont even care to get down to a 4 anymore; Happy with a 6 or even 8.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and as of yesterday 129.5.
    Jeans are a size 4. I have one pair of size 4(DKNY) that I'm floating in and another that fit perfectly (Calvin Klein).
    Dress is a size 6 and tops are small.
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This is really interesting! I'm 5'6.75" and weigh 147. Currently wearing loose size 6 jeans. My 4's are tight but I can get into them. A few years ago I weighed 140 and my 4s were comfy. That's what I'm aiming for again :) Shirts are small since I have no boobs anymore. I don't wear dresses much. My LBD is from Wal-mart and is size small, but is getting big on me. Sizing is so messed up!
  • jcburroughs
    Options
    5'7"
    197lbs at last weigh in
    size 12 jeans/pants
    large or xl shirts (large bust 38DD)
    Would like to be size 10 or 8