Jealous of others trying to lose weight!

Options
13»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    But remember those people who follow that mode are the people that in a year will be heavier then when they started. You on the other hand would have learned healthy habits and strengthen your body to endure and recover faster and better when injured!!!
    Learning healthy habits using HCG diet shots and drops? Losing a lb. a day? How will that teach anyone to keep the weight off long term. Definitely suggest you find out what HCG diet is about before suggesting it's something that a person can keep the weight off with. You do realize HCG people are only allowed to eat 500 calories a day, right? They take drops under their tongue or use a needle to dose themselves. How is that teaching long term health changes? Melba toast? Apple days? Steak days? :noway:

I think most people would rather learn to eat in a healthy manner and keep the weight off long term than quickly drop the pounds, risk health problems and then gain all the weight back quickly only to have to do it all over again. :noway:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Wow. Other than two or so posts on this topic (one being cazzincali's), I have to say I find the whole thread very sad. However, I applaud everyone for being willing to say that that is the kind of person that you are. I wish you all the best and good luck in your journey, but then, that's just the kind of person I am.
    I find it very sad as well. I cheer my friends on when they choose to make healthy lifestyle changes, whether it be at workmates, friends, strangers. I love to hear of others dropping weight in a healthy manner. Why be jealous of another human being do well? I think it says far more about ourselves if we are excited to see others fail than the other person. They are simply trying to drop the weight to be healthy. Maybe it's time for some to look inside and see exactly why we would even want another to fail.:ohwell:

I do hope you can work through this issue as it WILL effect your journey and how you continue to feel about yourself more so than it will effect those looking to lose weight. This is all inside of your head and has little to nothing to do with others.:frown:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I think people need to realize this is a very personal thing to everybody. People look at this like religion or something. It's like telling someone how to raise thier kids. If you tell people about it they think you are getting something out of it for yourself.

I love MFP. We all use it a little different. If people ask, you tell them what you are doing, but don't be surprised when they look shocked, like they would never do something like that. Chances are they were looking for a magic pill kind of answer. There are none.

People that use surgery or pills, have a whole different set of obstacles they have to do to prepare themselves for it. They have to change their whole life to make it work for them.

I am changing my lifestyle to make this work for me, and, while I would not want to go to those extremes, I will not judge people who do. I really wish them all the successes in their journey.

It is hard to share stuff that is so personal when you don't want to hear criticism from the other person on why it won't work for them. We just need to keep in mind; "people who have never tried have no right to criticise."

I don't want to listen and take advise from people who failed I want to listen to those that succeeded.
    Now; don't get me wrong if someone made a mistake and said I did that and I learned this (xxx) II will make my own opinion as to whether person is teaching me something that will help, or just being a nay sayer. I do believe in learning from others mistakes.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I feel just the opposite. If I see that someone has been successfully losing weight, or (more so for me) has been developing some serious muscle tone, I get excited for them, and ask them their secrets to success. And if anyone were to ask me how I do it, I'd direct them to this site, and also talk about my diet/exercise program. I'm happy to share what works, and I hope others will share that with me too.

While I did find out about this website from an old friend through FB, I don't broadcast ANYTHING about what I'm doing on FB at all. At my age, many of my peers are waaaaay out of shape, and I don't want them to feel alienated b/c I'm posting that I've "lost another lb" or whatever. Also, b/c I am so close to my goal anyway, I think people would take it badly and be like, "What the h*ll is she losing weight for?" etc.
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    Options
    The only jealous/anger I ever feel is when the other person is like "OMG LOOK AT HOW MUCH WEIGHT I'M LOSING AND SO QUICKLY! I WORKED SO HARD" when they are actually not doing anything except getting surgery, taking diet pills, or messing with their hormones via internet drops. Their eating habits haven't changed. They don't exercise. Therefor I'm not happy for them and a bit pissed off when I hear about how they stall in weight or them proclaim how hard they've worked.

Ditto this.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I feel just the opposite. If I see that someone has been successfully losing weight, or (more so for me) has been developing some serious muscle tone, I get excited for them, and ask them their secrets to success. And if anyone were to ask me how I do it, I'd direct them to this site, and also talk about my diet/exercise program. I'm happy to share what works, and I hope others will share that with me too.

While I did find out about this website from an old friend through FB, I don't broadcast ANYTHING about what I'm doing on FB at all. At my age, many of my peers are waaaaay out of shape, and I don't want them to feel alienated b/c I'm posting that I've "lost another lb" or whatever. Also, b/c I am so close to my goal anyway, I think people would take it badly and be like, "What the h*ll is she losing weight for?" etc.

i agree about fb. instead of getting positive feedback about my weight loss or goal to lose more, i get "oh, well you were breastfeeding so that helped." or "what do you need to lose weight for?" it's *my* body and if i don't feel good about the way i look (without going overboard or getting an eating disorder) it's my preroggative to do something to change that. yes, i got a "jump start" when i was breastfeeding, but i stopped in september so give me *some* due credit for losing the rest and not gaining it back!