question for early morning gym goers

Options
2»

Replies

• Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I have something small as soon as I get up at 5:45-6:00am, like 1/2 a banana with 1/2 cup of FF plain yogurt, or the same 1/2 cup of yogurt with 1/2 cup of blueberries or strawberries. And I sip about 16oz of water over the course of 30 minutes, and start my workout at 6:15-6:30. Then after the workout, I drink a whey protein shake and have a balanced breakfast.

Works for me, I have plenty of energy to get through the workout, but I'm not too full or feeling weighed down.

I also don't eat anything 3 hours before bed time, so when I wake up I am empty - the little snack helps get me going.
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    just coffee!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat before I go these days. When I used to hit the weights really hard back in the days I'd wake up and have a meal replacement shake then go.
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I do not eat anything.
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    I will sometimes have a protein shake or a banana... it depends if I'm doing cardio or just litfing weights.
  • JaredTheGeek
    JaredTheGeek Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5 and work out then cook breakfast. I prepare a lot of the ingredients the night before so its easy.
  • jlcghs27408
    jlcghs27408 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I work out early in the morning & usually eat a Lara bar or cut up cantaloupe on the way to the gym. Just a little something, then when I get home I eat a big breakfast.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I eat a light breakfast....typically some oatmeal, piece of wheat toast and some peanut butter. Sometime I switch it up and have some scrambled eggs (2). Nothing heavy, just enough to give me some energy and that I don't burn out mid-workout.

Shawn
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I exercise really hard and I have to eat before I work out. Always have protien - skim milk every morning. Then boiled egg or turkey sausage every other morning. And a decent carb like oatmeal or cereal, switch it back and forth. I have about 30 minutes from the time I eat to the time I start my workout so everything is pretty much settled by then.

Its the one thing my trainer and the class instructors harp on constantly - eat something before you work out. Even if its just a protien shake. I know a lot of people can't but supposedly its not really good for you.

Also eat some protien within the hour after working out... keeps the metabolism reved up.
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yes I eat my cereal before I go. I make sure I leave about 30 minutes or more after I've eaten.
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    I dont , When Im on dayshift I get up at 3am and on my days off I get between 4 and 5am , I dont eat at all beforehand.

Coming off nightshift I train at 6.30am , I'll make sure I eat something at least by 4:30am , I dont want to eat anything closer to training.
  • gemini53
    gemini53 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    have a protein drink