I AM PROOF, It works like a charm!!

Options

Replies

• RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that you actually did it like you were suppose to and have seen the proven results unlike many others for lack of better words. It just works. Congratulations and good luck on the rest of your journey
  • jennifer783
    jennifer783 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this!! I love that you tried both ways and found your solution :)
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Bump
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have been reading and reading about this and I get that it works but I am struggling to get all those calories in. It's really crazy how much more actual food you have to eat when eating healthy.
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you would probably be far better off eating even more.

You really need to research your BMR - and NOT eat below it.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Once I did a survey of those here who has been successful long term. 99% of them eat more than 1200 calories and eat there exercise calories. It work!!!!
  • nadiafox
    nadiafox Posts: 24
    Options
    my head hurts
  • solicit
    solicit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I too workout in the evenings before bed due to my work schedule and mommy duties. Do I still need to eat back my calories after working out or should plan the extra calories into my day meals?

Thanks in advance
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    MFP started me out at around 1400 calories/day, and I was struggling to eat those! I was always hungry and although I had lost a few pounds originally (probably just my body being shocked that I was eating so little!), it plateaued off for 3 weeks. I was hungry and frustrated, so I upped my daily calories to 1600 and have been eating back my exercise calories... I broke the plateau, lost another 8 pounds in the following few weeks, and have felt full and energized all day!

My only issue with eating more calories is that I've struggled with eating 'good calories' instead of just using those extra 200 calories for some thin mints :bigsmile: It's getting better though!

Congrats on figuring this out sooner rather than later, it'll go a long way with helping you to lose fat, build muscle, and keep your body fueled!
  • angelz_love
    angelz_love Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Helpful for me! I'm day two here and am skeptical bout how many MORE calories I'm being told to eat but SIGH I gotta try it!
  • Fridayafternoon
    Options
    Today is my first day. This post is helpful. Thanks for the insight. :flowerforyou:
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story with us. It is good to know that!
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this with people who are too scared to try eating more! It works great for those last few pounds too.
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • aw1968
    aw1968 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post. I increased my calories from 1200 to 1400 a few days ago, and I already lost 1.3 pounds! Now I don't feel guilty eating more than 1200 calories!
  • ZumbaBeast86
    Options
    I've been reading all about eating your exercise calories, and I understand it. But what if I burn 1000 calories in a day (I tend to burn 1100 in one Zumba class)? That would make my total calories for the day 2600. I don't think I could eat that much even if I wasn't dieting. Can someone honestly tell me that if I eat 2600 calories in a day, it will still allow me to lose weight?

I never did well in biology or chemistry classes back in high school. I just don't get it.
  • nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This all makes sense and sounds right but...I just can't convince myself to do this!! I mean, if I burn 1000 cals (I don't..but if I did) am I really supposed to eat 1000 more cals so I can net 1200?? How does one do this?? :(
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you!! :drinker:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I too workout in the evenings before bed due to my work schedule and mommy duties. Do I still need to eat back my calories after working out or should plan the extra calories into my day meals?

Thanks in advance

You guys should probably change your daily goal to account for the extra end of the day activity so you get those calories in. Like the 1200 is for sedentary people. Depending on your workout goals you should change it to lightly or moderetly active and eat those calories, and not eat back the next day.

Like sedentary is 1200 calories. Let's say you work out 2-3 times a week which is light activity. That would up to somewhere around 1500 (i think). So change your net calorie goal to that, and don't log your calories burned during workout out, and don't eat them back, so that way you are getting enough during the day.
  • Abigaillee15
    Options
    Today is my first day trying this! Hoping it works! I have been eating 1300 for the past few months, and exercising 300-400 a day. Scale actually went up and I started binge eating. Guess that's my body telling me I need more food!