5'11" and would like some advice from other tall ladies

Options
124»

Replies

• All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" I currently wear a size 8/29 and weigh 166/67ish. I weighed 230 after I had my son. Ten months later I was down to 199. That's when I joined mfp. I got down to 158 before the holidays ;(. I'm now trying to get between 155-160. Everyone thinks I look good and tells me that I don't need to lose anymore. I just feel like my weight is trying to creep back up and I can't have that.
  • xyril
    xyril Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2 at around 280lbs. I want to get into the 160 range so I have quite a journey to go. I can't give out too much advice right now because I feel as if I'm still beginning although if you (or any other tall ladies) would like a friend feel free to add me! No matter what weight you want to be at, being healthy is most important.
  • dgaulden
    dgaulden Posts: 2
    Options
    Best wishes
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good morning..

I thought I would make a quick post to keep the thread alive. I think that when you're tall, you have a different set of issues than more average sized women. Very often we hear the "you carry it well" as it relates to our weight, but if you're like me and you're very overweight, those comments don't match the reality of an unhealthy BMI. its great to see so many tall women who are in healthy weight ranges in this group. it lets me know that is IS possible and that my measly 180 weight goal for my 6' height is by no means unattainable or unrealistic.
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Good morning..

I thought I would make a quick post to keep the thread alive. I think that when you're tall, you have a different set of issues than more average sized women. Very often we hear the "you carry it well" as it relates to our weight, but if you're like me and you're very overweight, those comments don't match the reality of an unhealthy BMI. its great to see so many tall women who are in healthy weight ranges in this group. it lets me know that is IS possible and that my measly 180 weight goal for my 6' height is by no means unattainable or unrealistic.

I agree! One of my first friends on MFP was someone my height at my starting weight and had lost the amount I wanted to loose. She was a great example and my motivation for keep on trying. :D
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Im v motivated at the min by a friend who's the same height as me 5'10" she was telling me how she used to be a size 20 (uk) which I currently am but she's now a 12 and has been for a v v long time, great to see what is achievable.
    I'll be happy with a 14 tbh as with my v wide shoulders that'll be fine!
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal is to be about 125lbs. I don't want to be "skinny", I want to be athletically toned.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Well I have a Client that is about 6 foot female and her weight is at a healthy 158lbs. So it all depends on ea person. When you get to your happy weight you body will tell you were it wants to stay :-)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I've commented on this post before that, at 5'10" with a large build, my goal weight is around 180. I actually saw the doctor yesterday for the first time since I started losing weight (almost 70 pounds) and she indicated that I probably should not lose more than another 25-35 pounds (putting me at between 175-185 lbs) as I have a small waist (32.5 inches -- 35+ inches puts you at risk for health problems), healthy vitals (blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, etc.) and a lot of muscle.

Anyway, I just had to add that now that I've discussed it with my doctor.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal is to be about 125lbs. I don't want to be "skinny", I want to be athletically toned.

5'10 and 125 seems a bit low. Work on muscle tone. I know when I was at 128lb and I am 5'4 people thought I looked sick.
  • mynewyorkad
    Options
    I am 5'10 and I started off at 262. That was the heaviest I have ever been (I used to be 160 when I was 5'9).

Currently I am at 238, and feel a lot better, but I still have a lot to go. I would love to get back down to 160, and even more love to get to 140, but we will see.

People would never guess that I was over 200 because I wear my weight very well in my frame. I did not know how much I truly weighed until I got to the doctor and was shocked.

Being tall helps in so many ways with this whole weight thing! haha
  • hbomb1406
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and am currently at 168lbs (recent weight gain over and since my holiday...bad girl!) I was +200 lbs most of my adult life, maxing out at 240lbs (and probably higher although I refused to get on a scale after that until I could fit in an old pair of jeans).

Raised a vegetarian by a vegan (and extremely it) mother, everyone always wondered how I was so heavy, even though they never believed I was as heavy as I was. I decided to take my health by the horns in May 2009 and joined a gym. I quit the gym after 8 months as I took up running and it has been the best thing for me. I ran a 1/2 marathon in October last year - a huge breakthrough for someone who was never active. I also ditched the veggie life - it wasn't for me. I think people often picture vegetarians only eating carrots. Instead I just ate everything BUT meat. I now eat meat, fish, and everything else.

I was my lightest in December 2009 (158 lbs) and all I heard was how skinny I looked. I'm happy with my current weight but need to get back out there and tone up again. I've joined this website for help and support and its been great! Good luck and you know where to come for support!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and 3/4 (lol yeah I get a kick out of putting that 3/4). Anyways I have my goal set at 180. My doctor has his goal for me set at 160....ummmm no lol I don't want to be that small. I still want a little meat on my bones. Looking at my old pictures I like the way I looked at that size. I was playing basket-ball & running track in college at 180. I'm losing and toning so I should be back in tip top shape when I reach that size.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    175 is definitely a great goal. Once you get there you can decide if you'd like that weight or would you be happier if you were to lose more. I'd have to agree, no one ever would guess my true weight. At Christmas I was around 200 pounds. Did a fruit & veggie 21-day fast to jump start things. I'm 5'9 and am down to 177 from when in started 2 months ago at 192. I've set an initial goal for myself of 160. But thinking once I get there I'd ultimately like to be between 150-155. I no longer want to be referred to as "thick"...THIN will be my new T word! :happy: So far so good. All the best to everyone!! :bigsmile:

4893901.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss
  • tallandfat
    Options
    I am 6.1
    and I weigh around 174 and trust me when you become 175, you will still wanna lose weight. At least I do. I wanna be 165. Hopefully very soon.

ONe thing that i struggle at is my body frame. i cant determine whether its large, medium or small. My overlap when measuring my wrist, but when i measure its 6.7" which is large according to the charts. It depresses me.

The other thing is that i feel so big, and full while people say i dont. I am becoming really weight conscious these days,and it depresses me.

Goodluck on your journey!