Mexican Mondays

Options
2»

Replies

• jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Check out Sparkpeople.com ,they have tons of healthy mexican recipes.
    I have made taco salads, frito plate, which is basically the same thing but with fritos instead of taco shells, shredded chicken with taco seasoning on soft tacos, Guacamole made with the a quacamole seasoning packet and 2 fresh avacados on everything is good, quesadillas with low fat chesse and chicken and tomatoes. There are soooo many different ideas.

Thank you for this site! I just used it and got the best recipe for taco casserole and I made it tonight. Worked out so good! :-)
  • mudpiechick
    mudpiechick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    taco soup, easy, just open up cans and dump
  • sfcop311
    Options
    Ummm I am going to try this... Thanks
  • sfcop311
    Options
    crockpot chicken-- low sodium jar salsa, 2 cups frozen corn, 2 cans low sodium black beans, 1lb chicken breasts. mix all in crockpot put on low for 8 hours, mix in 4oz low fat cream cheese. put on top of brown rice or in a whole grain wrap. so good!!!!!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Chicken Enchiladas (one of my favorite recipes)

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    8 oz cream cheese
    2 cans enchilda sauce, red or green
    tortilla shells
    shredded cheddar cheese

Place chicken breasts in crockpot, and smother with one can of enchilda sauce and the cream cheese (I just leave it in a block and dump the enchilda sauce on top). Cook on low all day. When ready to prepare meal, stir the chicken well....it will just fall into pieces, and the cheese and enchilda sauce get mixed together. It kind of looks disgusting, but I promise it tastes good.

Spread chicken mixture down the center of softshell tortillas, and roll up. Place seam side down in a 9 x 13 inch casserole pan. You can fit six enchildas in the pan. Pour second can of enchilda sauce on top and cover with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 325-350° until heated through, approximately 30 minutes. If you make these ahead of time, you will need to bake longer.

Serve with lettuce, more shredded cheese, sour cream, black olives, etc. to your taste.

The leftover chicken mixture makes great chicken tacos, and this recipe freezes well. You can use low-fat or non-fat cream cheese and whole grain tortillas to make it healthier.

ENJOY!!!!!
  • jodimitchell
    jodimitchell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    crockpot chicken-- low sodium jar salsa, 2 cups frozen corn, 2 cans low sodium black beans, 1lb chicken breasts. mix all in crockpot put on low for 8 hours, mix in 4oz low fat cream cheese. put on top of brown rice or in a whole grain wrap. so good!!!!!

This is a favorite of mine...minus the beans and corn ADD a packet of taco seasoning and can of cream of mushroom! YUM