An easy way to use less salad dressing

Options
2»

Replies

• cohollywood
    Options
    I do this too - I have one of the containers that are made to do it and I love it. Lately though, I've been using salsa as my salad dressing as it has more flavor for less calories. I can't stand most of the low cal salad dressings...except one brand - can't think of it off the top of my head but the ranch has NO calories and NO fat. I don't even know how that's possible, but I love it!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I used to do that at college! We had one vegan dorm and they had the BEST salads in their dining hall. They had lids there available just for that purpose...it's so smart and you use SO much less! Great tip!

vegan dorm WHAT??? where did you go to college!!? interesting!

Was it UCSC?

oh to be a banana slug! :laugh: (i was a boring bear - different UC campus!! )

Must've been the Lair of the Golden Bear!
  • tmarie1213
    tmarie1213 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I always do this, so much easier to mix the dressing this way when in a container, than to try to mix it in with a fork. Your post reminded me that we have the makings for a salad in the fridge... guess what I'm having for lunch tomorrow?! Thanks for the reminder!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I used to do that at college! We had one vegan dorm and they had the BEST salads in their dining hall. They had lids there available just for that purpose...it's so smart and you use SO much less! Great tip!

vegan dorm WHAT??? where did you go to college!!? interesting!

I went to the University of Colorado in Boulder. It was the Cheyenne Arapaho dorm, we called it CheyHo. :smile: I had my first vegan grilled cheese there and vegan hot dog. They were really yummy!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I do this too - I have one of the containers that are made to do it and I love it. Lately though, I've been using salsa as my salad dressing as it has more flavor for less calories. I can't stand most of the low cal salad dressings...except one brand - can't think of it off the top of my head but the ranch has NO calories and NO fat. I don't even know how that's possible, but I love it!

I often use peach salsa on my salads, with a little goat cheese. It's AMAZING.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I do this too, dipping it in the fork. Especially when I eat at salad bars and restaurants and am not able to measure, then I know I'm getting real close to the amount that I want.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I put things like onions, tomatoes, black beans, and corn on my salad and then toss them with a mixture of salsa and ranch... you can get a TON on there (for those of us that love creamy dressing-y goodness) for about 50-60 calories, if you use a light ranch. It's delicious too!
  • akmieciak
    akmieciak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    McDonalds had it right...Remember their Salad Shakers...What ever happened to those???

I loved those! I really wish they'd bring those back! Probably the only thing at Mickey D's that doesn't give me gut rot!:sick: