How much will i lose if i only eat

Options
400-600 calories a day maybe even 800 ? every week

IM NOT STARVING MYSELF i dont feel hugr i eat sald with like drops of dressing

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    You might lose big for a week or 2 but then you will lose nothing and eventually gain because you are starving your body. :grumble:

Not to be mean, but that should be common sense and there are tons of posts on the boards about what you should do. :huh:
  • hubbardmm
    hubbardmm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You might lose big for a week or 2 but then you will lose nothing and eventually gain because you are starving your body. :grumble:

Not to be mean, but that should be common sense and there are tons of posts on the boards about what you should do. :huh:
    but im not actually hungry i eat lots of just plain salad and have these yummy tiny burgers that are 200 cals each i have about a two a day and im kinda fullish not starving
  • brity77
    Options
    That definitely isn't healthy. I don't mean to be blunt, but your picture looks like you are young, maybe early teen's... Do you feel pressured to lose weight quickly and that's why you're trying to starve yourself?
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I saw some of your other posts...are you actually just 14? Just wanting to lose about 10 pounds?

What are you eating at school? I know they try to make healthy food but it's probably higher in calories than you might think.

Make sure you are logging EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth. That includes beverages.

It's really not good to cut your calories back that much. 10 pounds isn't a huge amount to lose so you could do that by following whatever this site suggests.

Just be careful, you should probably talk to your doctor to make sure you don't do anything that could effect your growth. You are young and will need lots of nutrients to keep growing.
  • Kellybegone
    Options
    Yah it could be a good jump start, but then you need to fuel your body or it will definiltly not lose. Bad idea. But ok for a few days!
  • elfie9863
    Options
    Don't be a doofus!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Once you stop doing that, (unless you plan on eating that way for the rest of your life) you will get really fat. Don't do it. It isn't healthy and it isn't smart.
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    That definitely isn't healthy. I don't mean to be blunt, but your picture looks like you are young, maybe early teen's... Do you feel pressured to lose weight quickly and that's why you're trying to starve yourself?

speaking of age if the pic is you than you are not 35 sorry
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yep...add nuts and peanut butter and avocados. You have to eat more. Someone posted an article on here a bit ago about someone who was on a 700 calorie diet and they just gained wait. It effs with your levels and your body winds up storing everything. you arent hungry because your metabolism is gone. work out. eat more. you might gain at first, but then you will start losing.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
  • hubbardmm
    Options
    14 and no im not starving at all really the key is plain salad with little to no dressing and i mean like drops 1 cup is only 15 cals so i fill up

- love glee ( your pic)
  • beanie1119
    beanie1119 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Your body will evenually shut down and become extremely unhealthy! Don't do that to yourself!!!! No good. Plus when you do lose weight to fast eventually you will end up gaining it back plus more. Do it the helathy way and eat at least the minimum amount of calories for your height and current weight.
  • hubbardmm
    Options
    I saw some of your other posts...are you actually just 14? Just wanting to lose about 10 pounds?

What are you eating at school? I know they try to make healthy food but it's probably higher in calories than you might think.

Make sure you are logging EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth. That includes beverages.

It's really not good to cut your calories back that much. 10 pounds isn't a huge amount to lose so you could do that by following whatever this site suggests.

Just be careful, you should probably talk to your doctor to make sure you don't do anything that could effect your growth. You are young and will need lots of nutrients to keep growing.
    i dont really know same days we have pizza but its like super super super then and think chicken breast chicken nuggests all the same and im wanting to lose 40-50 lbs
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You look kinda young....maybe you should talk to your parents or doctor or school nurse about how many calories your body NEEDS every day to be healthy! If you starve your body by only eating 600 to 800 calories you will be come malnutritioned way before you lose any weight. And if you keep it up long enough you will hurt your brain growth too and end up in a hospital. I am all for being healthy and losing weight you need a minimum of 1200 calories a day for your body to function right.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Everyone is going to tell you it won't work. You could get really sick. Really sick. Read those links.
  • hubbardmm
    Options
    Your body will evenually shut down and become extremely unhealthy! Don't do that to yourself!!!! No good. Plus when you do lose weight to fast eventually you will end up gaining it back plus more. Do it the helathy way and eat at least the minimum amount of calories for your height and current weight.
    so just try to eat some junk food?
  • brity77
    Options
    14 and no im not starving at all really the key is plain salad with little to no dressing and i mean like drops 1 cup is only 15 cals so i fill up

- love glee ( your pic)

As someone else mentioned, try talking to your parents or a school nurse/nutritionist. They can help you plan out how many calories you need to eat, give you some exercise ideas, and help you overall to lose weight the healthy way, rather than limiting yourself to such low calories. Be patient with it and you'll lose weight, it'll just take time! :)

& I'm just hopping on the Glee bandwagon! :)
  • cmriverside
    Options
    :noway:
  • jennyjennbug
    Options
    don't do it I went from 130 to 230 in 2 years starving my self living off of salads with no dressing it finally turns backward and you gain more. Also My hair starting falling out by the hand fulls so not a good thing your just a kid start being a little more active and your loss the weight.
  • hubbardmm
    Options
    i hontestly feel like im eating too much makes my stomache hurt i just had one and a half cups of apples i feel like im going to throw up