Anyone else hate the eliptical..or is it just me?

Options
124»

Replies

• susioryan
    Options
    Hate it. Incredibly boring. Much prefer the treadmill if I have to exercise inside.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Nope- hate it with a passion. Maybe you are doing it wrong- cuz I've never had a heart rate problem, just a "blech" issue of boredom. :-)

Same! It totally bores me. I love the tread climber, arc trainer and the DREAD-MILL (though, I never dread it!)
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    I prefer the eliptical over other cardio.
  • gr8chick
    gr8chick Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love using the elliptical with the Cardio Coach mp3's. These are about 37 minutes long all together, but broken down in three challenges. It uses HIIT. Coach Sean O'Malley cues you when to speed up and when to slow down. You go at your own pace, and you can stop after the first challenge. You just build your stamina up slowly. And because the intervals are relatively short, the time goes by faster. Their is a small charge for the volumes, about eight of them last time I checked. You can find them at www.cardiocoach.com. You can buy one, and give it a go and see if they make the elliptical any more enjoyable! :)

Good luck, and I wish you the best!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    They kill my knees and I am young and don't have knee problems. I HATE THEM>
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I don't hate it, but it does get my heartrate up a LOT, and I can only do about 10 minutes. I have noticed that the ones at the gym seem easier than the one I have at home.... Anyway, when at home, I try to start with 10 minutes on the eliptical, then switch to the treadmill. The eliptical burns about 10 calories a minute, so it's really worth it, and usually burns way more than 30 minutes walking fast on my treadmill. Good luck!
  • ToniAnn411
    Options
    I actually like the elliptical. But when I first started, it knocked me out within a few minutes. Now I can do 1/2 or more with no problem. I'm able to get my heartrate up, feel a burn and sweat.... (never thought I'd like to sweat but I do, and don't care that people see me do it..lol) You have to pace yourself and the more you do, the more endurance you will have. I do have to switch it up, I'll do elliptical for a week or so, then go over to the treadmill.. LIke anything else, you get bored.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I have a love-hate relationship with it. I love the calorie burn but hate the machine! Its taken me ages to build up to doing 15-20 minutes. I prefer to do 1 minute (fast) sprints as part of my circuit training.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it. It's tough at first but you'll get better and better at it. What I love about ellipticals is that you can burn a crapload of calories in a short amount of time.