What is your daily calorie goal? (FEMALES ONLY)

Options

Replies

• mckval
    mckval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Daily Calories: Now, 1500, when I started in September, 1200
    Height: 5'2.5"
    Current weight: 131, started at 166.5
    Calories burned from exercise: I shoot for 400-500, 6 days a week.

I learned (in one of these forum posts) now that my BMI is within healthy range I should no longer have too much of a calorie deficit. Most of my loss will be done through calories burned and not restricting my intake.

It works!!
  • terrivision
    terrivision Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Height 5'3"
    CW 153.8
    GW 125
    Base Calories 1300
    Exercise Burn 300 - 600

Most days I don't eat all of my exercise calories back, primarily because I am usually satisfied by time I reach about 1500 calories.
  • abillings9
    Options
    Daily calories: 1200
    Height 5'2"
    CW 141
    Exercise cals 300-600 depending on which video I pop in

But I have been stuck and CW and measurements for the past 3 weeks so something is not working for me. :/
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Everyone, I'm trying to get an idea of where the females are for the daily calories:

Please (if you will) share your:

Daily Calories:
    Height:
    Current Weight:
    Calories burned from Exercise:

5'3''
    anywhere from 450-900
  • Georgie_P
    Options
    Hi there -

I'm 46 and 5'3 -- been on this journey for about 3 months

Daily Calories: 1100 unadjusted
    Start weight: 246
    Current Weight: 194.4
    Calories burned from Exercise: depending on who's with me - 250 - 600 / day
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Daily Calories: 1480 (to lose a pound a week)
    Height: 5'5 1/2 (I NEED that 1/2 inch!!!)
    CW: 168
    Exercise cals: Usually between 200-300 a day, at least 5 days a week on good weeks, but no less than 3 days.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Everyone, I'm trying to get an idea of where the females are for the daily calories:

Daily Calories:
    Height:
    Current Weight:

1200 calories plus exercise cals eaten (although I try to eat a minimum of 1350 on non-exercise days because even though 1200 is optimum for my goal, I feel starving on just 1200!)
    5'5"
    138 pounds
    I normally burn between 400-600 calories per workout
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Daily Calories: 1200 or less
    Height: 5' 4
    Current Weight: 104
    Calories burned from Exercise: around 250- 600, depending on the day
  • tater8589
    Options
    Daily Calories:1270
    Height:5'7"
    Current Weight: 144
    200-450 on average, depends on what I do.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    5'3, 119lbs goal is 1000. 1200 was just too much for me because my BMR was 1275.
  • bridetobe91
    Options
    Daily calories before workout: 1380, After my workout it will be around1600, I try to eat back most of my workout calories
    Height: 5'4
    Current weight: 164
    Calories burned from exercise: 200-300
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options

Daily Calories:
    Height:
    Current Weight:

whats your height weight and calorie goal?
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Daily Calories: 1,560 but i only consume 800
    Height: 5'7
    Current Weight: 245
    Calories burned from Exercise: 500

Surely only consuming 800 calories in a day is not in anyway good for you??? MFP recommends a minimum of 1200 and i hav always heard you shouldxn't dip below this or your body goes into starvation mood?
    Plus, your exercising,. so you should be eating some of those back too honey xx
    :)
    I know the importance of not going into starvation mode. and I am far from it.
    I had weight loss surgery. And mfp doesn't have a setting on here that lets me enter that in,. I'm only supposed to consume 800 calories a day. heck half the time i only get 500 in unless i'm naughty and eat pizza or canned goods. I can only eat 1/2 cup per meal.
    I appreciate the concern. :D *hugs*
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options

Daily Calories:
    Height:
    Current Weight:

Daily Calories: Was at 1250 but last week upped it to 1500 (maintenance was 1480). Eventually I will be starting P90X and upped my calories for that. Still losing!
    Height: 5'2"
    Weight: 123.4 (as of this morning!)
    Calories burned: 300-500 3-4 days per week.

Looks like we got some more underweight people. Don't know why anyone would think underweight is healthy. You're not getting your nutrients eating less than 1200 calories so most likely with aerobic exercise you are losing muscle not fat (your body doesn't have enough to spare). And the ones eating less than 1200 are already underweight. Enjoy your muscle loss!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    122#
    About 500
  • hpsnickers1
    Options

Surely only consuming 800 calories in a day is not in anyway good for you??? MFP recommends a minimum of 1200 and i hav always heard you shouldxn't dip below this or your body goes into starvation mood?

This is so true. What you will lose is lean muscle mass and that is what your body needs to burn fat. In starvation mode your body holds onto fat and eats into your muscles for nutrients. Your metabolism also slows down due to the fact you aren't getting enough calories or nutrients. Then you will start gaining weight because your body is storing what you do take in. So if you are consuming 800 and burning 500 you are giving your body 300 calories per day which is called a Starvation Diet. Eventually your organs and systems will start shutting down to conserve energy.

I upped my calories to 1500 a week ago and I dropped another pound!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Daily Calories: 1700
    Current Weight: 210
    Calories burned from Exercise: 300-1,100
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    5'3, 119lbs goal is 1000. 1200 was just too much for me because my BMR was 1275.

Your BMR (according to MFP) is what your body would burn lying in bed in a comatose state. The moment you get up you are burning more. Stay above 1200 and read the links in my signature.

When you are already little (at a healthy weight) and you want to shed more fat then cardio won't quite do it. You need to lift weights! Muscles burn fat through the day.
    My BMR is 1188 and I eat 1500 per day plus exercise calories and I'm losing.
  • Lindsay7360
    Options

Daily Calories:
    Height:
    Current Weight:

I had an actual metabolic test done at my gym and my assessment said I need MINIMUM 1,800 calories per day and NEVER go over 2,300 calories per day. This is to lose 1 pound a week.

I'm currently 215 lbs and 5'5

Typical work outs (3-4 times a week) I burn 500-700 calories per workout.
  • hpsnickers1
    Options

:)
    I know the importance of not going into starvation mode. and I am far from it.
    I had weight loss surgery. And mfp doesn't have a setting on here that lets me enter that in,. I'm only supposed to consume 800 calories a day. heck half the time i only get 500 in unless i'm naughty and eat pizza or canned goods. I can only eat 1/2 cup per meal.
    I appreciate the concern. :D *hugs*

Wow. So you can only eat 500-800 per day but your body doesn't understand weight loss surgery. It is still thinking it should get more so Starvation Mode is still a possibility.