What is your daily calorie goal? (FEMALES ONLY)

Options

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Everyone, I'm trying to get an idea of where the females are for the daily calories:

Please (if you will) share your:

Daily Calories:
    Height:
    Current Weight:
    Calories burned from Exercise:

Daily Calories: Was at 1250 but last week upped it to 1500 (maintenance was 1480). Eventually I will be starting P90X and upped my calories for that. Still losing!
    Height: 5'2"
    Weight: 123.4 (as of this morning!)
    Calories burned: 300-500 3-4 days per week.

Looks like we got some more underweight people. Don't know why anyone would think underweight is healthy. You're not getting your nutrients eating less than 1200 calories so most likely with aerobic exercise you are losing muscle not fat (your body doesn't have enough to spare). And the ones eating less than 1200 are already underweight. Enjoy your muscle loss!

Wow, talk about a spiteful way to word your comment....ever think that some may be struggling with their own battles, not everyone here is battling obesity, and you are in the 120's so WHY are you continuing to try to lose weight?
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Daily Calories: As long as I'm under 2000, I'm happy. I know lots of people think this is too high, but I have to do what's right for me. Restriction and dieting has gotten me no where.

Height: 5' 8"

Current Weight: 261

Calories burned from Exercise: I don't really count these, but I average 4 - 4.5 hours of exercise a week.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I usually eat from 1200-1400. I burn about 1500 cals a week in exercise. I'm 5'4, 130 pounds, size 6.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I go for 1400-1500. A bit more if I have a particularly active day (in this weather & climate, that might mean walking 2 miles through the snow at negative Fahrenheit temperatures, or a gym workout). A little less if I'm having a particularly sedentary day.

CW: 181 lbs
    GW: not sure - re-assessing when I'm in the 150s.
    Height: 5'4"
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    MFP has me set at 1470

Feb. 1st I weighed in at 169

My exercise varies everyday.

Next weigh in is Monday I am thinking about resetting my goals then and lowering my calories while up-ing my workouts. I am ready to start toning up!!!!!!!!!!
  • slimnik129
    Options
    My goal is 1200 cal/day, I am 5 foot 3, I weigh 169. I burn 350-600 calories a day and I don't eat them back if I can help it. I try to eat the 1200 calories and then excercise...so it looks like I'm below calorie goals, but I have eaten 1200 must days
  • Hannah_92
    Options
    Daily Calories: 1200
    Height: 5 '8
    Current Weight: 198-200 depending on the minute : )
    Calories burned from Exercise: I normally do about 45-60 minutes of Zumba a night burning about 528 calories.
  • paulaercksn
    paulaercksn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'11"
    Current weight: 216.8lbs
    MFP daily calorie goal: 1770
    Exercise calories burned per day ranges from 400-700. And I don't usually eat them back. I have a high calorie goal and would be stuffing myself if I ate them. A couple times a month I will eat some of them.
  • fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Daily Calories: 1230 (not including exercise calories)
    Height: 5 '5"
    Current Weight: 160
    Calories burned from Exercise: 350-450 daily
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Height: 5 '4
    Current Weight: 165ish (haven't weighed for a few days)
    Calories burned from Exercise: not been exercising as of late. however my job is pretty active.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Daily Calories: As long as I'm under 2000, I'm happy. I know lots of people think this is too high, but I have to do what's right for me. Restriction and dieting has gotten me no where.

Height: 5' 8"

Current Weight: 261

Calories burned from Exercise: I don't really count these, but I average 4 - 4.5 hours of exercise a week.

It's not high at all. I wore my HRM for 24 hours as a test (and this was on a lazy day. 5'2" and 125 at the time). I burned an estimate of 2300 in 24 hours.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Everyone, I'm trying to get an idea of where the females are for the daily calories:

Daily Calories:
    Height:
    Current Weight:

Daily Calories: Was at 1250 but last week upped it to 1500 (maintenance was 1480). Eventually I will be starting P90X and upped my calories for that. Still losing!

Looks like we got some more underweight people. Don't know why anyone would think underweight is healthy. You're not getting your nutrients eating less than 1200 calories so most likely with aerobic exercise you are losing muscle not fat (your body doesn't have enough to spare). And the ones eating less than 1200 are already underweight. Enjoy your muscle loss!

wow could you be anymore of an jerk?
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options

Daily Calories:
    Height:
    Current Weight:

Wow, talk about a spiteful way to word your comment....ever think that some may be struggling with their own battles, not everyone here is battling obesity, and you are in the 120's so WHY are you continuing to try to lose weight?

i agree, that wasnt very nice. if you'd like to give someone advice, thats not the way to do it. how do you know that they know any better? maybe they need help instead of someone mocking them. and what if they cannot get them selves to stuff their faces with 1500 calories a day? maybe it takes time to work your way up there after eating a certain way after a while.

if you have nothing nice to say dont say it at all... and obviously you seem to have alot to say to EVERYONE... so say it nicely.

rude.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    5'3, 119lbs goal is 1000. 1200 was just too much for me because my BMR was 1275.

Your BMR (according to MFP) is what your body would burn lying in bed in a comatose state. The moment you get up you are burning more. Stay above 1200 and read the links in my signature.

When you are already little (at a healthy weight) and you want to shed more fat then cardio won't quite do it. You need to lift weights! Muscles burn fat through the day.
    My BMR is 1188 and I eat 1500 per day plus exercise calories and I'm losing.

congrats.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    1200 cals a day (plus my excercise cals)
    5'0"
    90 (usually I'm between 83-90)
    Usually between 200-500 a day
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Daily Calories: 1350
    Height: 5'6
    Current Weight: 150
    Calories burned from Exercise: 250-500
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 140
    Calories burned from Exercise: 250-350
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Daily Calories: 1345 plus at least half exercise calories
    Height: 5'3"
    Current Weight: 141
    Calories burned from Exercise: 400-800 daily
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Daily Calories: 2450
    Height: 6'3''
    Current Weight: 408 lbs
    Calories burned from Exercise: between 0 and 600 - depends on what i do if i do it
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    My daily calories are set at 1500, I had to manually change it from MFP.

I'm 5'4"
    Current Weight: 129-131
    Daily Calorie burn is about 500-600 6x per week, with 200-300 on my rest day.

I'd still like to lose 7lbs and be at 123, but my size is a 0 and my body fat% is fairly low. I'll test next week, I'm guessing about 20% based upon the last caliper test. I'm set to eat about 2000 per day and usually end around 1500, I eat super healthy and eat all the time. I'm working on upping the protein. I eat dairy free and gluten free most day, which are both lower calories.

Just wanted to add - not sure if it makes a difference I'm "big boned". I'm not petite sized at all and most people don't think of me as small.