March Walking Challenge - join in :)

Options
This is continued from the January and February Walking Challenge, but its nice when each month has its own thread. :laugh:

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise everyday, and keep an eye on each other.

Make a ticker and keep it in your signature to remind you of your goal, and show everyone how well your doing. Go to this website.

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=8

Pick out your ticker pictures, set your miles or minutes, and your goal. Then copy all of the bbCode into your signature. :) It will look like this (but in your ticker...like mine) You use the url (from the bbCode) to update your ticker everyday, just remember your pin.

Example of Tracking Miles - 1 mile everyday

exercise.png

Example of tracking Minutes - 30 min everyday

exercise.png

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. treadmills and ellipticals are A-OK. :laugh:

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge, we'll start tracking March 1st!
[/quote]

Replies

• lucysmommy
    Options
    hiya

i would love to join in - does it need to be 30mins a day? or can it be any amount of time that i set myself?

thanks
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'm in again! I thoroughly loved the February Challenge. I've started the C25K running programme, which I'll be doing 3 times a week, but I'll just log my walks (for which I mainly use Leslie Sansone. I love that I can do 3 miles in 30-40 mins. If I actually went out doing the things I can do in the privacy of my lounge (side-steps/leg kicks/knee lifts/kick backs/grape vines/waving my arms all over the place), I'd be arrested!!!

Thank you for doing this again.

I'll sort out my ticker and decide on my goal on March 1st!

LouiseXXX
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I love walking whether it's on my treadmill or outside in the fresh air.
    Thanks for starting this!
    See you on Tuesday then. :happy:
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Wightvixen
    Options
    Count me in :happy:
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. Though, I think for March I will have to count minutes instead of miles.

Thanks, Virgo, for keeping us on track! You're giving me a lot of motivation to keep moving!:flowerforyou:
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Alright here I am! I'm going to try to stick with it this time!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    hiya

i would love to join in - does it need to be 30mins a day? or can it be any amount of time that i set myself?

thanks

It can be anything you want, its your own goal. :) Those are just examples so people could see how the tickers look set up.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm in- I'll have to think about my goal because I'll be on vacation for 9 days. I'm thinking I'm going to go for another 50 miles and just suck it up!
  • Kimber2336
    Options
    Bump (I think I need help with tickers and signature lines)... I thought I added my weight loss ticker; however, it never shows up :cry:
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Bump (I think I need help with tickers and signature lines)... I thought I added my weight loss ticker; however, it never shows up :cry:

I've sent you a message, which, hopefully, will help.

LouiseXXX
  • Kimber2336
    Options

I've sent you a message, which, hopefully, will help.

LouiseXXX

Thank you so much Louise... as you can tell - your assistance was valuable... I have two tickers now :-)
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    I am in for sure once again. Thanks Virgo for setting this up once again. We can do this!!!
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Bump...

How do you fit 2 trackers plus your current weight/goals/etc on in the signature block? When I try to add anything, it "yells" at me for trying to exceed the 10 line limit :cry:
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My first challenge....excited! I will think of a good goal for me, for the first!
  • Heevenlee
    Options
    I'm in also
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Options
    Hi All! Im in ...60 mile minimum for March...Happy Walkin:)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Bump...

How do you fit 2 trackers plus your current weight/goals/etc on in the signature block? When I try to add anything, it "yells" at me for trying to exceed the 10 line limit :cry:

I just had to take out any spaces (like if I hit enter to double space between 1 line and another, so the tickers are like right on top of each other). Hope that makes sense.
  • patches0102
    Options
    I'm in. I need something to get me going right now. I love to walk but haven't been able to do much the past couple months so this will be my new start!
  • chazsucks
    Options
    Can I join? :) xxx