Good Morning, MFP!

Options
Manda86
Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
Today is a new day-

I woke up this morning in awe (yet again) of the beauty that surrounds me... I am blessed enough to be surrounded by rolling green hills and mountains, in this picturesque little town that has captured my heart like the man that beckoned me here... this is the stuff that dreams are made of, that poets write sonnets about, and that artists strive to capture with paint and brush...-- and I am lucky enough to be able to share it with my partner, my best friend, the great love of my life. These are the days that I prayed for.... that I BEGGED for... for the last five years. My soul is at peace- I'm 1300 miles away from the place I called home for the last 15 years with one other family member within 1000 miles, and I'm not even a tiny bit homesick. I don't know why I'm worthy of being so incredibly happy, but I am so, so grateful. Lord knows I haven't done anything to deserve it. My prayer for you today, family, is joy, happiness, and peace... have a blessed day, full of laughter.

I love you all,

:heart: Manda

Replies

• Manda86
    Options
    Today is a new day-

I woke up this morning in awe (yet again) of the beauty that surrounds me... I am blessed enough to be surrounded by rolling green hills and mountains, in this picturesque little town that has captured my heart like the man that beckoned me here... this is the stuff that dreams are made of, that poets write sonnets about, and that artists strive to capture with paint and brush...-- and I am lucky enough to be able to share it with my partner, my best friend, the great love of my life. These are the days that I prayed for.... that I BEGGED for... for the last five years. My soul is at peace- I'm 1300 miles away from the place I called home for the last 15 years with one other family member within 1000 miles, and I'm not even a tiny bit homesick. I don't know why I'm worthy of being so incredibly happy, but I am so, so grateful. Lord knows I haven't done anything to deserve it. My prayer for you today, family, is joy, happiness, and peace... have a blessed day, full of laughter.

I love you all,

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Mornin' Sunshine!

So happy to hear that everything is wonderful with you two!! It's amazing how the internet can bring two people together who would have never met under normal circumstances and that those two people are SO right for each other. Best of luck to you both on continued BLISS!! :bigsmile:

Me? I am blessed when I wake up each day and see my family around me. My son actually makes my heart HURT sometimes because I love him so much. Of course it is a different kind of love than what I have for my husband. But when my son wakes up and I walk into his room and the smile he gives me every morning.....MAN, it definitely sets the tone for my day!!

Love you all! :heart:
    -Tam
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Don't let her fool you people....

I'm the lucky one. :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    aw, sweet. you guys are so cute. :love:
  • fynendandi1
    fynendandi1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!
    I know what you mean tammy. My children give me the best joy. When they are sad i feel their pain, when they are running around have fun i am smiling. My baby girl is my best little buddy, and when she wakes up and we sit down for breakfast and talk about her dreams that will start off another wonderful day with my family.

Have a good sunday....
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Good Morning MFP! Today is a day of rest here at home with the kids +1. I inherrited another child when school let out for summer lol. My 14 yr old Step-sons friend is planning to move in I think since he's been here day and night. I really don't mind , he's a good kid and keeps mine out of trouble. Yesterday we made scrubbing house and the mountain of laundry a family affair and I didnt have to yell too much. We shall see in the comming days if it stays this way. In the summer I am never home , or try not to be. I take my son and the daycare kids and we go out daily to see what fun and adventure we can find.

My 13 year old Step - daughter will be staying with us for 2 weeks. She is a great help around the house and with the younger kids. I hope she enjoys her time here. We see her almost daily anyway but she's needing some time with Daddy.

Manda and J, I am so glad to hear that you are so blessed. Manda I can honestly say in the 8 yrs that I have been with hubby, I have NEVER missed home or became homesick. I have missed my family, and time spent with them , we have always been so close, but never the area or have I felt the need to go running back. All it takes is just one person to turn our worlds upside down and make us believe we can do anything as long as we have them. I'm glad you've both found that. :heart:

I hope everyone has a wonderful, Blessed day! :flowerforyou:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    awwww Manda. im so happy for you guys that it makes me wanna cry!!

and im so happy that you make my buddy Jeremy smile. You wouldnt beleive how many times that i've told him the right gal would sweet HIM off HIS feet while he awed her with his super sweet tendencies!! im just so thankful that MFP could bring the two of you together!!

Also, just a note about the mountains.
    These blue ridge mountains make me tear up almost daily. And i truly mean that. it makes me ecstatic that there is another person that gets to witness His creation in all its beauty!

I feel so blessed to have grown up with this type of scenery!! I promise it does wonders for your self worth and well being!!

When we get married up there, it wont even be twenty minutes from where you are RIGHT NOW!! so even if we dont all get to meet before then, i do hope you guys can make it to our specail day, even tho we dont know when it is yet!

i love yall! and im so happy you found each other!!!!! IF yall wanna experience Asheville, ( i know jeremy has, but you need to) then you have a built in tour guide with me!! <3
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    awwww Manda. im so happy for you guys that it makes me wanna cry!!

and im so happy that you make my buddy Jeremy smile. You wouldnt beleive how many times that i've told him the right gal would sweet HIM off HIS feet while he awed her with his super sweet tendencies!! im just so thankful that MFP could bring the two of you together!!

Also, just a note about the mountains.
    These blue ridge mountains make me tear up almost daily. And i truly mean that. it makes me ecstatic that there is another person that gets to witness His creation in all its beauty!

I feel so blessed to have grown up with this type of scenery!! I promise it does wonders for your self worth and well being!!

When we get married up there, it wont even be twenty minutes from where you are RIGHT NOW!! so even if we dont all get to meet before then, i do hope you guys can make it to our specail day, even tho we dont know when it is yet!

i love yall! and im so happy you found each other!!!!! IF yall wanna experience Asheville, ( i know jeremy has, but you need to) then you have a built in tour guide with me!! <3

Em, I am actually giving some thought to going down there and meeting your tattoo guy. You have any time coming up to entertain your two favorite MFP siblings? :bigsmile:
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day-

I love you all,

OK...you actually made me get teary!! I'm so happy for you both...and just a wee bit jealous ;)
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    welp, im a pretty busy gal :) but i know that if we plan a fair amount in advance that we can for sure work something out.

It is always best to get an appt. at empire or else youll be waiting all day (like i did with my last spur of the moment tattoo that i just couldnt wait to get an appointment! lol)

I know some great places we could eat, and take some pictures for our MFP friends! Do you guys like sushi? I guess that weekends are the best time depending on the week...but im sure we can figure it all out! All i know is that the 828 crew is just getting stronger!

thursday i had to drive back to my parents home near winston, and when i went past exit 123 to 321 in HIckory, i thought of you two!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Now Everyone!

I was so inspired by Manda beautiful words that it sent me back to my days in North Carolina. NC is a postcard at everyturn...from the oceans to the little shops in Chapel Hill to the incredible mountains...Thanks for that walk down memory lane Manda!! Happiness to such a cute couple!

Today we celebrated Great-Grandma's 90th Birthday...Sat on the Chespeake Bay and ate crabs - her favorite thing to do! my kids were loving and polite and she got to enjoy a glass of wine (her secret guilty pleasure when her daughter is not around!!) It was a beautiful day and humbling to think about what she has lived through in her 90 years! She is living evidence that processed food is the wrath of the devil, she grew up on a far and has always eatten fresh foods and lean meats and fish. So we have come full circle...eat healthy and live long lives my friends! :drinker:
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    welp, im a pretty busy gal :) but i know that if we plan a fair amount in advance that we can for sure work something out.

It is always best to get an appt. at empire or else youll be waiting all day (like i did with my last spur of the moment tattoo that i just couldnt wait to get an appointment! lol)

I know some great places we could eat, and take some pictures for our MFP friends! Do you guys like sushi? I guess that weekends are the best time depending on the week...but im sure we can figure it all out! All i know is that the 828 crew is just getting stronger!

thursday i had to drive back to my parents home near winston, and when i went past exit 123 to 321 in HIckory, i thought of you two!

Haha, that awesome!!! I was driving down 221 the other day and thought of you, lol!

Welp, you just give us a time and we'll work it out. Oh, and we LOVE LOVE LOVE sushi. (way to make me want to come down even MORE!!!)
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Manda!!! ijust wanted to give yo a heads up that i am working on a few photoshops for you....so look out for them in a little bit! (im in a photoshoppin mood, so yay!)
  • Manda86
    Options
    Manda!!! ijust wanted to give yo a heads up that i am working on a few photoshops for you....so look out for them in a little bit! (im in a photoshoppin mood, so yay!)

woot woot!!!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Uh oh!!!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    woops, i got drug away to the grocery store! but im back now, and im almost done with Vampiress Manda #1. There is a #2 in the works also, which is actually geared more towards Jeremy...
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    alright, here is blonde vampiress manda...

vamp-1.jpg

and there is another pic to come... soon...
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!!!! How awesome for you!!!! Both of you!!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    WOW Emily! You are one talented woman!! JEEEZE!! Look at those boobs!!! HAHAHAHA!! Reminds me of when I was breastfeeding!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    alright! the second pic is in.... featuring moi.... and the beautiful manda... you're welcome to the fellas in advance...

vampires1copy.jpg