MFP Runner's Club June 29th

Options
ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
Good Morning Gang!!!:bigsmile:

Its cloudy and dark out and looks like rain....which means I really want to run LOL....but I don't want to take my munchkin because it may downpour....so waiting for someone to get home to keep an eye on him ...daddy is doing a side job....sooooo until then I'll be anxiously waiting LOL....

I'm in such a funky mood...I really need this run....lol:ohwell:

hugs and hope all your days are rocking....whether you're running or resting....you're all amazing!!
Ali :drinker:

Replies

• ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Gang!!!:bigsmile:

Its cloudy and dark out and looks like rain....which means I really want to run LOL....but I don't want to take my munchkin because it may downpour....so waiting for someone to get home to keep an eye on him ...daddy is doing a side job....sooooo until then I'll be anxiously waiting LOL....

I'm in such a funky mood...I really need this run....lol:ohwell:

hugs and hope all your days are rocking....whether you're running or resting....you're all amazing!!
    Ali :drinker:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    It's been raining all night and now all morning so far. I'll probably have to catch my run this afternoon
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!

I finished my 7 miles yesterday in the 80 degree heat and ridiculous humidity! It was hot but I pushed through and did it!! I bought myself fun new sneakers and my knees were sooooo happy!

I will be running 31 miles soon with my new kicks!! :laugh:

Ali - I hope you can get out there today and run off all that 'funk'!! Good Luck!!

A - How did you long run go yesterday? I didn't see a post from you yesterday, hope all went well....

I also need to go and see if Shannon posted her results, she was doing 10 miles yesterday.....
    OMG! I just went back and read yesterday posts, did you guys read Kechies 'mock conversation' with a non-runner? TOOOOOO Funny!!!! Runners Unite!! :drinker:

Be careful out there today and have great runs everyone!!!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    It went really well. Then after my run one of my friends hosted a extra turbo class. It was a lot of fun, plus they gave away free gear! Got some cool new socks! My race is in three weeks and I'm getting really excited!!!!:bigsmile:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Thanks to this fabulous group I ran 9 miles for the first time today. Because of you guys I had no doubt that I would be able to run those 9 miles. I was surprised at how fast I was done though, 1:33. WOW. 10:21 pace!

I can't wait to hear from everyone who raced yesterday!

If you are running, walking, or resting today, enjoy the day.:flowerforyou:

:heart: -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!

I finished my 7 miles yesterday in the 80 degree heat and ridiculous humidity! It was hot but I pushed through and did it!! I bought myself fun new sneakers and my knees were sooooo happy!

Great job Trish! :drinker:

It was 77 with the heat index and 82% humidity when I ran this am.:sick: After mile 6, I started to run through some of my neighbors sprinklers to cool off.

What kind of shoes did you get?
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

After another long night with my girls (I swear they were playing tag-team), I still manage to get out and run. I ran 8k, a slow 8k but I did it.

Congrats on your 7 and 9miles Tricia and Kechie!
    Ali, I know that funk mood all too well, it sucks. Hopefully someone will get home soon!

Have a great day all!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Way to go Kechie! I love seeing your smiling face every morning beside your posts. It always make me feel so positive about running. And Mireille great job getting out there after a tough night.

My longest non-stop run so far is 10 miles. Since several of you are Jeff Galloway fans I decided to use the run/walk method on my run this morning. I had trained with a group several years ago that ran 10min./walked 1 min. I decided to try running 5 min. and walking one and see if I could push the distance a little. I ran 13 miles this morning. I felt really good for 11 of those 13.:laugh: The last two miles were tough, but I could have gone maybe 1 or 2 more. I am glad I did not, because I am sitting here with one foot and ankle in ice water and an ice bag on my knee.

I hope everyone else has great runs or well deserved rests!!
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Hi all!

Today is a rest day for me.

Kechie - you asked yesterday about my training program. It's an "Alison's Special." haha (I basically took the program I used a few years ago and changed it up a bit to work in my schedule now.) If you'd like a copy of it, I can send it to you. My training begins TOMORROW. :)
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,

My husband and I ran our ten miles yesterday. It was 100 degrees yesterday, so we went at 7:30 in the morning to try to beat the heat. It was already about 75 degrees. It made me think of you, Kechie, because you've done all those runs in the heat. It made me see how much harder your runs are than mine usually are. You're amazing to be getting used to going in the heat and humidity.

Shannon, way to go yesterday too. I also thought of you doing your long run when I was running!

Good job on your run yesterday pmkelly. It's fun how our little club helps motivate us all to do better.

My daughter ran in a half-marathon yesterday. I was really proud of her because she had tweaked her quad muscle at a softball game on Thursday and was sore. I wasn't sure she was going to be able to do the half marathon yesterday. She said she took it easy, and went a little slower than normal, but did fine. She may be sore today though.

Today is a day off for me, and another scorcher here in the Northwest. Have a great day everybody.

Terry:glasses:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    One more question, what does everybody do about getting water during a long run? Do you carry it with you? Do you have one of those belts that carries it, and if so, is it comfortable to run with? I've been purposefully going only places that I know have water fountains so I can stop quickly and get a drink in the middle of the run. There are several places like that around here. But I was wondering what everybody else does.
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    One more question, what does everybody do about getting water during a long run? Do you carry it with you? Do you have one of those belts that carries it, and if so, is it comfortable to run with? I've been purposefully going only places that I know have water fountains so I can stop quickly and get a drink in the middle of the run. There are several places like that around here. But I was wondering what everybody else does.

I wear one of the belts. I have one identical to the one someone posted a picture of a couple of days ago. It is comfortable, but in hot weather the bottles have so much condensation that my backside gets soaked. It has 4 small bottles and a little pack big enough to carry a small cell phone and a couple of packs of Gu. I had one with one bigger bottle, but it bounced too much for me. The one with multiple bottles also gives you the option of bringing a sports drink as well as water.
  • pmkelly409
    Options

I haven't invested in the belt yet, but as my runs get longer I think I might have to. One of the guys I run with uses the belt and he says the weight difference is noticeable - he puts water in one and gatorade in the other. I have the little handheld palm water bottle thingy (made by the same company as Fuel Belt )...It was only $10 but is far more comfortable than running with a bottle of water in your hand. also, I am running with a local training group and the coach places water along the course for us. You could do the same thing, hid water along your course prior to running...

what does everyone else use on those crazy long runs?
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Good morning,

After another long night with my girls (I swear they were playing tag-team), I still manage to get out and run. I ran 8k, a slow 8k but I did it.

Congrats on your 7 and 9miles Tricia and Kechie!
    Ali, I know that funk mood all too well, it sucks. Hopefully someone will get home soon!

Have a great day all!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Great job after another long night! you have had a tough time of it lately with those nightmares so good for you for sticking with it! I went throught that for the last three years with my youngest and it wears you thin never getting a full 8 hours sleep. My heart goes out to you and hope this is short lived.
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!

Great job Trish! :drinker:

It was 77 with the heat index and 82% humidity when I ran this am.:sick: After mile 6, I started to run through some of my neighbors sprinklers to cool off.

What kind of shoes did you get?

I got the Asics Gel Kayano's TN850's (very cool purple - which coincidently is my favorite color!)

The humidity is killer!! The Saturday am run is not until 8:30am, I wish they would start earlier, it only gets worse as the summer progresses. I really think I might start running on my own on Saturdays because I don't stay with anyone during the run anyway and I would rather get it over with earlier before the heat gets too bad. The coach posts the course on mapmyrun during the week so I will run the same course as them and be finished when they are starting!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Way to go Kechie! I love seeing your smiling face every morning beside your posts. It always make me feel so positive about running. And Mireille great job getting out there after a tough night.

My longest non-stop run so far is 10 miles. Since several of you are Jeff Galloway fans I decided to use the run/walk method on my run this morning. I had trained with a group several years ago that ran 10min./walked 1 min. I decided to try running 5 min. and walking one and see if I could push the distance a little. I ran 13 miles this morning. I felt really good for 11 of those 13.:laugh: The last two miles were tough, but I could have gone maybe 1 or 2 more. I am glad I did not, because I am sitting here with one foot and ankle in ice water and an ice bag on my knee.

JEFF Galloway is a GOD!! I am so glad that someone else uses the run/walk method! I did it Saturday (I did 15 minutes on 1 minute slow jog/walk) and I finished those 7 miles with no problem.

CONGRATS on 13!!! That is great considering everything else you are doing right now!! Are you still sore? R-I-C-E!
  • kechiemc
    Options

Thanks!

:laugh: I do not take walk breaks on my long runs. It never occurred to me this morning to do that. I am sort of glad that it didn't b/c I was able to run the whole way anyway.

Take care
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Hi all!

Today is a rest day for me.

Kechie - you asked yesterday about my training program. It's an "Alison's Special." haha (I basically took the program I used a few years ago and changed it up a bit to work in my schedule now.) If you'd like a copy of it, I can send it to you. My training begins TOMORROW. :)

I'd LOVE to see it. My email is kechiemc@gmail.com. Thanks!
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Hi everybody,

My husband and I ran our ten miles yesterday. It was 100 degrees yesterday, so we went at 7:30 in the morning to try to beat the heat. It was already about 75 degrees. It made me think of you, Kechie, because you've done all those runs in the heat. It made me see how much harder your runs are than mine usually are. You're amazing to be getting used to going in the heat and humidity.

Today is a day off for me, and another scorcher here in the Northwest. Have a great day everybody.

Terry:glasses:

Enjoy your day off Terry. Great job yesterday! It sounds like you were running in "my weather". After a couple of weeks, I am not kidding. I just got used to it. It'll be the same adjustment for me when it gets cold.
  • kechiemc
    Options

I live in a very large community and generally run a loop so I leave my water bottle at a neighbor's mailbox that I will pass again on my run. This morning was tricky b/c my loop was so big. So I carried it with me for the first four miles or so and then I left it under a tree near the road. Funny thing... The bottle was already empty at that point. It was hot and humid this morning. I had Gatorade in the bottle earlier. Apparently there was enough left to attract ants. By the time I came back to collect the bottle, it was covered with ants.:laugh:

Now that I am working up to 12 mile long runs, I am going to invest in something to take water with me. I look forward to hearing what everyone else does too.