MFP Runner's Club June 29th

Options
2»

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    The humidity is killer!! The Saturday am run is not until 8:30am, I wish they would start earlier, it only gets worse as the summer progresses. I really think I might start running on my own on Saturdays because I don't stay with anyone during the run anyway and I would rather get it over with earlier before the heat gets too bad. The coach posts the course on mapmyrun during the week so I will run the same course as them and be finished when they are starting!

That sounds like a plan. On my long runs, I am always home before 9 am.
  • mlck2323
    mlck2323 Posts: 87
    Options
    Hey guys,

pmkelly messaged me about your run posts! My name is Madeline and i've been reading over your achievements, way to go! I fell in love with running a few years ago and have been working in a running store for about a year now. I love fitting people into great shoes--so many are in the incorrect kind for their feet/bodies.

I just had my third knee surgery (no worries--my knees are WHY i switched to running from other contact sports!) to remove some screws so that I may have my ACL done for the third time in december.

I've run six or seven half-marathons and I'm trying to start my training schedule for chicago full in october with my siblings while rehabbing but I can't quite do it yet I need to rest some more. so frustrating!

But I look forward to getting to know your stories!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Hi Madeline

Welcome to MFP Runner's Club. We are a friendly group of women and men who post daily about our runs, walks, or rest days. Some of us run indoors... Some of us run outdoors... And some of us walk. This board gives us support and accountability.

I started running last April. I consider myself a new runner. Currently, I run 4-5 days a week. In July I start training for a half in November. I have run some 5Ks and one 8K.

I'm glad you'll be joining us and look forward to hearing from you again soon.

-Kechie.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

pmkelly messaged me about your run posts! My name is Madeline and i've been reading over your achievements, way to go! I fell in love with running a few years ago and have been working in a running store for about a year now. I love fitting people into great shoes--so many are in the incorrect kind for their feet/bodies.

I just had my third knee surgery (no worries--my knees are WHY i switched to running from other contact sports!) to remove some screws so that I may have my ACL done for the third time in december.

I've run six or seven half-marathons and I'm trying to start my training schedule for chicago full in october with my siblings while rehabbing but I can't quite do it yet I need to rest some more. so frustrating!

But I look forward to getting to know your stories!

YEA!! Glad you made it!! We look forward to having you as a new running buddy!! :drinker:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Welcome Madeline,

This is a fun and helpful group. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Terry:flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Hi Madeline!!! (love your name btw!)

I"m Ali....have been a runner all my life...well since 8th grade...MANY MOON ago LOL....I've stopped and started back up so many times...right now I'm doing about 4 miles a day 5-6 days a week....wanna do a 10K soon....we shall see!

These folks here in our running club and on mfp are amazing....and I hope you have fun w/ us!!!

look forward to getting to know you better!!!:flowerforyou:

well today ...no running for Ali....bummer! so I did 45 mins of turbo jam....I got my sweat on LOL....tomorrow morning I am hitting the pavement...rain, shine, snow, sleet...I'm sooo jonesing! lol

hug and night ladies and gentlemen!
    Ali :heart:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Hey Ali - there is a 5K on July 4th for Autism Speaks here in DC. Just curious if you know - Is this a National race that you know of? I am thinking about running in it because I just found out that a friend of mine is running and I have until July 1st to register. going to look into it a little more...

Tricia
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!

I finished my 7 miles yesterday in the 80 degree heat and ridiculous humidity! It was hot but I pushed through and did it!! I bought myself fun new sneakers and my knees were sooooo happy!

Great job Trish! :drinker:

It was 77 with the heat index and 82% humidity when I ran this am.:sick: After mile 6, I started to run through some of my neighbors sprinklers to cool off.

What kind of shoes did you get?

I got the Asics Gel Kayano's TN850's (very cool purple - which coincidently is my favorite color!)

The humidity is killer!! The Saturday am run is not until 8:30am, I wish they would start earlier, it only gets worse as the summer progresses. I really think I might start running on my own on Saturdays because I don't stay with anyone during the run anyway and I would rather get it over with earlier before the heat gets too bad. The coach posts the course on mapmyrun during the week so I will run the same course as them and be finished when they are starting!

I just got the Kayano's too! They are the BEST. You get what you pay for, that's for sure. I ran my last half marathon in an old Kayano's version and they rocked. Comfortable. Light. Airy. :) *Sigh* I am in love! haha
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!

I finished my 7 miles yesterday in the 80 degree heat and ridiculous humidity! It was hot but I pushed through and did it!! I bought myself fun new sneakers and my knees were sooooo happy!

Great job Trish! :drinker:

It was 77 with the heat index and 82% humidity when I ran this am.:sick: After mile 6, I started to run through some of my neighbors sprinklers to cool off.

What kind of shoes did you get?

I got the Asics Gel Kayano's TN850's (very cool purple - which coincidently is my favorite color!)

I just got the Kayano's too! They are the BEST. You get what you pay for, that's for sure. I ran my last half marathon in an old Kayano's version and they rocked. Comfortable. Light. Airy. :) *Sigh* I am in love! haha

YEA! Fellow Kayano lover!! I love that I will get like 200 more miles on these too!!
  • Annab412
    Annab412 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I have been reading over your posts for a few weeks every now and again, and I would like to join this group! I have always liked running but never thought I would race, until I randomly signed up for and finished my first 10k on June 8th (I even won a trophy!) Now I am training for a half in the fall. I recently moved to a new state (and far away from my three running buddies) so now I have been running solo and its taking alot of motivation!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I have been reading over your posts for a few weeks every now and again, and I would like to join this group! I have always liked running but never thought I would race, until I randomly signed up for and finished my first 10k on June 8th (I even won a trophy!) Now I am training for a half in the fall. I recently moved to a new state (and far away from my three running buddies) so now I have been running solo and its taking alot of motivation!

Welcome! I am so glad you stopped stalking us and decided to join us!! :laugh:

There are so many of us training for big races right now as I am sure you have read (or maybe not) so this is a great time to join!

1st - congrats on the trophy finish! that is a major accomplishment for a newbie!!
    2nd - what training program are you following?
    3rd - have you looked at local running clubs to meet others? I am loving my little running group - they make me laugh and run faster!!
    4th - be careful - you are like most of us, running in ridiculous summer heat and humidity!

Welcome! We are so happy you are here with us!! don't forget to post your mileage daily as well as rests, questions, aches and pains are welcome too! Pretty much anything you want!! We can get a little raunchy at times too - hope you don't offend easily, it is all good fun!!!

Happy Running!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
    Tricia
  • kc_lea
    kc_lea Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! Way to rake in those miles! :smile: :smile:
  • kc_lea
    kc_lea Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love how I always close this thread for the day with my ridiculously late runs (and slowly getting ridiculously later... Today I got back at 10)

Anyway, I'm moving off my comfy 5 k runs and am now up to 7 k. Just over 7 k for me today, but i want to try to get the pace up. I'm little -- 5'2" - i don't know if that counts for anything (short legs?), but I ran a 9:51 min/mile (thank you, mapmyrun.com), or 6.09 mi/hr. I don't know. Feels slow.

Congrats all on the runs! Congrats on the rests! Sleep well and good luck tomorrow!!
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm back. I started the couch to 5k a week ago, and then got hit with studying for midterms. (Taking 3 classes this summer while keeping up with 2 small kids) Unfortunately I didn't get to run much so I decided to just start over. Tonight was a little harder since I ran alone, but I did day 1 week 1 on the couch to 5k. I came home and used mapmyrun.com (love to pmkelly for that) :flowerforyou: , and I found out I am run/walking about a mile. I started walking about a month ago, and I am already running much more than when I started! Way to go everyone on your runs today!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Hey Ali - there is a 5K on July 4th for Autism Speaks here in DC. Just curious if you know - Is this a National race that you know of? I am thinking about running in it because I just found out that a friend of mine is running and I have until July 1st to register. going to look into it a little more...

Tricia

hey tricia! I'm not sure if its a national race.....they don't do the races here in Boston or shall I say they haven't yet...for Autism Speaks....we do the walks every year though.....I'm gonna go check it out too and I hope you do it!!! great cause sista:heart::heart: :heart:

hugs!
    Ali