Breakfast idea with no eggs?

Options
Seems like most breakfast ideas I see include eggs...

Can anybody help with some 300 calories or less breakfast with no eggs?

Thanks!!!

Replies

• chefchazz
    Options
    sometimes i enjoy chicken and brown rice for breakfast. i know it sounds weird but i got tired of eggs and oatmeal so i came up w/ another protien/carb combo.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    one of my favorites has become: sliced squash, zuchinni, mushrooms and chicken (or no chicken) sauteed in pam with laughing cow cheese thrown in at the last minute to melt in in .. keeps me full for a long time. sometimes i will throw a few cherry tomatoes in there, sliced. some days i will substitute the laughing cow for a sprinkle of real parmesan cheese...its so good on the tomatoes. you can eat a big plate of this for not alot of calories....see my diary
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    also, you can have multi grain cherrios with a half cup of skim milk and fruit
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a slice of multigrain toast with peanut butter and half a banana and four pieces of veggie bacon. It was super filling and it was 30g of protein right there.

Other ideas would be greek yogurt and fruit. Cereal with fruit. I like kashi cereal since it has a good source of protein and use almond milk to cut calories.
  • pinksoldier
    Options
    turkey sausage patties or turkey bacon, yogurt, fruit. *yum*
  • dkiles
    dkiles Posts: 45
    Options
    I just had 1/2 cup of lowfat cottage cheese with blueberries. I also add a little splenda for sweetness and ground flax seed for a nutty flavor. It was really good. Less than 200 calories.
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I actually LOVE blueberry frosted shredded wheat.... particularly because it is sodium free, tastes good, and I think is pretty filling as well.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I love either having a toasted peanut butter and banana sandwich (weight watcher bread) or peanut butter and banana rolled up in a weight watchers whole wheat tortilla!! Its soooooooooooooo yummy!!!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I used to eat fruit & yoghurt for breakfast, but have since switched to fruit & cottage cheese for the extra protein. 1/2 banana, 1/2 c. strawberries, 2/3 c. weight watchers cottage cheese & a skinny latte = 298 calories.

Alternatively, for my Sundays I'm going to start trying this: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/09/banana-nut-pancakes.html
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Sliced apple dipped in 1 TBS melted peanut butter
  • kgarza810
    Options
    if you go to eatingwell.com they have lots of great recipes and very few require eggs. they also give all the nutritional info on each recipe.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Protein is important for this meal...I try to do 30g of protein at breakfast several days a week. You could always substitute a protein shake...
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    A portion of porridge/oatmeal comes in at 229 made with full fat milk and one tea spoon of sugar, less if you use skimmed milk/water. Then add lots of different toppings to keep it interesting.
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    greek yogurt w/ fruit
    cottage cheese w/ fruit
    string cheese and fruit
    turkey sausage and whole wheat toast
    cereal + milk
    fruit smoothies (I put tons of spinach in my fruit smoothies because you can't really taste it) That way you get fruits & veggies
    meal replacement drinks (if in a huge time crunch)
    You can also supplement any of the above with a protein shake
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    smoothies?
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    my new obsession is oatmeal...

but also, i like to eat greek yogurt, w/ some granola and fresh fruit on top :)
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I like milk in the mornings. I do about 16 oz milk and then have a slice of toast or something. (I alsways try to eat something solid with the milk, so it lasts longer). Or a piece of fruit instead of bread, for fiber. I like the milk because it means I can get protein without having to eat eggs or meat in the morning. :)
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm really lazy compared to everyone else. I just have cereal with milk. A 30g portion of pretty much any cereal with semi skimmed milk is less than 300 cals.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    sometimes i enjoy chicken and brown rice for breakfast. i know it sounds weird but i got tired of eggs and oatmeal so i came up w/ another protien/carb combo.
    its not wierd sometimes ill have leftover dinner stuff for breakfast
  • asdawkins
    Options
    I have started egg beaters and whole wheat english muffin.