Breakfast idea with no eggs?

Options
2»

Replies

• javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My staple breakfast is yogurt, strawberries (or raspberries), a little bit of homemade muslix and hemp hearts. Comes to about 221 cals. Recently I made baked oatmeal for the first time and is it ever good. It was 166 cals plus a bit of milk. Bonus with that is the pan lasts for several meals, and I'm sure it would freeze well - something easy to toss in the microwave every morning if you're in a hurry.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    sometimes i enjoy chicken and brown rice for breakfast. i know it sounds weird but i got tired of eggs and oatmeal so i came up w/ another protien/carb combo.

Agree 100%. The way I see if we should be able to eat what we want when we want. Are there rules for what we are supposed to eat at each time of the day? Who says breakfast has to be eggs or bacon or sausage or oatmeal? :happy:

Maybe I should re-phrase that. I think eating what we want when we want is what got us all here. :tongue:
  • stoosh40
    stoosh40 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    are you a cereal person? Aldi's has an equivalent to Kashi GoLean... it is Millville GetBalance High protein, High fiber cereal (and costs at least a dollar less than the Kashi brand). I have a cup of that with skim milk. With my coffee and creamer I am keeping under 300, and getting some good protein and fiber as well.
  • Jess3Loves
    Jess3Loves Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My staple breakfast is yogurt, strawberries (or raspberries), a little bit of homemade muslix and hemp hearts. Comes to about 221 cals. Recently I made baked oatmeal for the first time and is it ever good. It was 166 cals plus a bit of milk. Bonus with that is the pan lasts for several meals, and I'm sure it would freeze well - something easy to toss in the microwave every morning if you're in a hurry.

Baked oatmeal sounds interesting. Can you please share the recipe?
  • MissMe2morrow
    Options

Oooh! What is baked oatmeal??
  • mama_mia3
    Options
    I am anxious to try Baked Blueberry Pancakes. They sound so yummy!!

It's 2c. pancake mix
    1.5 c. fat free milk
    1 egg
    1 Tbsp canola oil
    1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1 c. frozen blueberries

(butter and maple syrup, of course but I might not need the syrup!)

Combine everything until blended, fold in the blueberries last...spread in a greased 15x10 baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

6 servings

1 serving is 200 calories (without the butter and syrup), 4 g fat, 36 mg cholesterol, 527 mg of sodium, 34 g carbs, 3 g fiber and 7 g of protein.
  • mama_mia3
    Options
    I love either having a toasted peanut butter and banana sandwich (weight watcher bread) or peanut butter and banana rolled up in a weight watchers whole wheat tortilla!! Its soooooooooooooo yummy!!!

Love peanut butter in bananas!! Here's something I did a lot with my kids, but I've never really measured anything to know what the calorie intake would be...i didn't give a *kitten* back then...lol. You melt the peanutbutter in a microwave safe bowl until creamy, either dip the entire banana in the pb or cut up into 2in chunks and dip that way...roll them around in crumbled up multi grain cheerios...you don't want cheerio dust but nice broken bits. Set each of them on wax paper and chill till pb is stiff!!! It's how I got my kids to eat bananas!! We havent done that in forever....duh...that would make an awesome breakfast for me now!!!
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Today I had an English muffin with 1 laughing cow cheese, 1 sliced roma tomato and 2 turkey sausages. It was about 240 cals and I had coffee and half of a grapefruit with it.
  • valerie58
    valerie58 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Today I had an English muffin with 1 laughing cow cheese, 1 sliced roma tomato and 2 turkey sausages. It was about 240 cals and I had coffee and half of a grapefruit with it.
    That sounds like a perfect breakfast I sometimes have wheat toast cottage cheese on top and sliced tomato
  • Jess3Loves
    Jess3Loves Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You guys have given me so many ideas, thanks!!!

Cottage cheese is going on my list for sure.

Today I had a bagel thin with cream cheese and 1 cup natural, unsweetend applesauce.

I can't seem to stomach the taste of yogurt lately. I tried so hard this morning and finally gave up. Why waste calories on something you don't enjoy? Too bad I have 10 yogurts I will be wasting!
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I often eat a yoplait yogurt with a banana or a whole wheat english muffin with nutella and a banana
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Oooh! What is baked oatmeal??

This isn't the recipe I used (the one I used had applesauce so less sugar! And no brown sugar topping...but had raisins) but it will give you the idea!

http://www.quakeroats.ca/en/cooking-and-recipes/content/singlerecipe.aspx?ID=633841433650888950

I put some apple chunks in mine, too. I think in future I might leave the sugar out entirely. The recipe I used was from a cookbook called "Simply In Season."
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    Watch the turkey substitutes, the sodium is aweful. The regular pork version is usually about the same in calories and lower in sodium. For instance 2 slices of uncured bacon has 70 calories and 140 mg of sodium.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Oats oats oats!~!~! I just got turned onto them and I LOVE THEM.
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    You guys have given me so many ideas, thanks!!!

Cottage cheese is going on my list for sure.

Today I had a bagel thin with cream cheese and 1 cup natural, unsweetend applesauce.

I can't seem to stomach the taste of yogurt lately. I tried so hard this morning and finally gave up. Why waste calories on something you don't enjoy? Too bad I have 10 yogurts I will be wasting!

Do you have a blender? Mix the yogurts in with some fruit and make a creamy smoothie then they don't have to be wasted.