JUST DANCE 2 scores Challenge Week 8:

Options
Here we go, week 8! Can't believe we've made it to week 8!!!!

If you are not sure what it's all about, here's the low-down: I post my high scores for 3 songs on Just Dance 2 and you try, for the next week, to beat them .

Unfortunately there's no prize but you will have bragging right s!!!!

Here are the songs for this week and the scores I got:

Hey Ya! = 11220pts
Mugsey Balone = 10169pts
Baby Girl = 10260pts

Enjoy beating them, even if it's your own high scores you beat.

New songs and thread next Sunday aft/eve.

LouiseXXXX

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Louise, thank you for keeping the challenge going!!

I'm on it, though I doubt I'll beat your high scores...off to beat mine now. Be back soon.

20min later, 186cal and.....

Hey Ya: 9072
    Mugsey: 10412 <- my new high!
    Baby Girl: 10482<- my new high!
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I didn't beat you on your songs but I did 2 extra songs I wanted to add.

Hey Ya! 8897
    Mugsy Balone 8317
    Baby Girl 8526

2 extra songs...
    Crazy In Love 8238
    Sympathy For The Devil 7942

See you next sunday!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options

Hey Ya! 8897
    Mugsy Balone 8317
    Baby Girl 8526

2 extra songs...
    Crazy In Love 8238

See you next sunday!

See ya next Sunday? Why? It's a full week challenge!! We try to beat each others scores all week long!! Come on back throughout the week!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Someone want to tell me about Just Dance... I bought it for the Wii its sitting there, unused... what is it ... will I like it... do you burn lots of calories doing it?
  • kaiasmama
    Options
    Baby Girl is my favorite on the entire game but I highly doubt I'll be able to beat my own high score of 12254...I'm sure going to try though! I only missed Perfect 5 or 6 times (my daughter was keeping track) and I've been trying to get perfects the entire time, but that's probably a bit unrealistic. We played for hours yesterday with my family and this ended up being my nephew's favorite song, so we did this a million times! LOL!

I do like all three of this week's songs - YAY!
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    its copying the dancer(s) on screen and fun to play with friends, the more accurate you are, the more points you get - try it !
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Someone want to tell me about Just Dance... I bought it for the Wii its sitting there, unused... what is it ... will I like it... do you burn lots of calories doing it?

Well why did you buy it if you don't know much about it silly?! How would we know if you'll like it? YOu select the song you want, and mimick their moves as best as possible. Eveveryone is different on calorie burning. Many just select general dancing for their burns, others have heart rate monitors. Open it up and give it a try, and if you don't like it, then either try to return it or sell it on ebay, the game goes quick! Good luck!

*sorry, didn't mean to sound rude if I did! Was trying to be funny. :ohwell:
  • emmaleigh47
    Options

Well why did you buy it if you don't know much about it silly?! How would we know if you'll like it? YOu select the song you want, and mimick their moves as best as possible. Eveveryone is different on calorie burning. Many just select general dancing for their burns, others have heart rate monitors. Open it up and give it a try, and if you don't like it, then either try to return it or sell it on ebay, the game goes quick! Good luck!

Haha not rude at all, definately funny! I like your style... your right, I should just put it in and try it. I was a big fan of DDR and I was pretty decent at it too and it was a great cardio workout... maybe I will plan on trying it on Tuesday

*sorry, didn't mean to sound rude if I did! Was trying to be funny. :ohwell:
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM and personally burn about 520 calories in an hour. The days my daughter has been up all night and I can't face the treadmill I'll turn it on an the time goes by so fast!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options

Haha not rude at all, definately funny! I like your style... your right, I should just put it in and try it. I was a big fan of DDR and I was pretty decent at it too and it was a great cardio workout... maybe I will plan on trying it on Tuesday

Whew! I think you'll probably like it then. Let us know what you think!
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to give these a shot...I am really finding this challenge is helping me try songs I would normally pass up. But I am finding I like A LOT of them!!! Baby Girl is one of my favorites that I do all the time just for the workout...but I don't think I can come close to cracking 12K on it. I am somewhere in the 11K range though!

May have some time to try this evening...but may to be tomorrow! Happy Dancing everyone!
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Hey Ya! 8897
    Mugsy Balone 8317
    Baby Girl 8526

2 extra songs...
    Crazy In Love 8238

See you next sunday!

See ya next Sunday? Why? It's a full week challenge!! We try to beat each others scores all week long!! Come on back throughout the week!

I only have the chance to do the Wii Just Dance on Sundays when my little sister has gone to church. :) Otherwise, she's usually on it. LOL

I try to squeeze in some exercise on it when I have a chance. But, that's not very often.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options

I only have the chance to do the Wii Just Dance on Sundays when my little sister has gone to church. :) Otherwise, she's usually on it. LOL

I try to squeeze in some exercise on it when I have a chance. But, that's not very often.

Well. either chuck her off or challenge her!!!!!! Get her in on these high scores!!!

If you are anything like me, I love to challenge my family. My 2 teens have to be dragged kicking and screaming to play with me because I usually beat them!!!! It's the only game on the Wii I can beat them at!!

LouiseXXX
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I've been following this thread for a few weeks (bumping) but never posted my scores as they are so much lower - usually in the 6 thousand something - than the highest. This week I'd like to join you and at least as you say - try to beat my own scores. I'll post the actual numbers after I dance tonight.

Portia
  • kaiasmama
    Options
    Hello,

I've been following this thread for a few weeks (bumping) but never posted my scores as they are so much lower - usually in the 6 thousand something - than the highest. This week I'd like to join you and at least as you say - try to beat my own scores. I'll post the actual numbers after I dance tonight.

Portia

That's awesome - beating your own high scores is what it's all about at the end of the day! I'm going to try to beat mine in a little while :)
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Just getting this thread added for me this week. I'm going to do my songs later tonight. Need a nap first, I'm already beat.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I :heart: Hey Ya!
  • badafitgrl28
    Options
    I love playing Just Dance 1 and 2 both. How fun!! I joined myfitnesspal today and I'm so excited to find this group :)
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    OK here are my scores for tonight

Hey Ya! = 8501 - Beat my old score :happy:
    Mugsey Balone = 6173
    Baby Girl = 6252

It was a great work out as usual. I do 2 of each of the above back to back - then end with the shuffle thing - not sure what it's called but it lets you pick 5 different types of dances.

Portia
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    Ok ladies I am proud to tell you that I finally tried the game (after day 1 of P90X tonight) and I LOVE it.

I did

Its Raining Men
    Tik Tok
    When I grow up
    Toxic...

Loved the first two - Tik Tok was my fav ... thought WIGU was boring... and got so annoyed with Toxic that I turned it off!

Someone please tell me you were this bad when you first started! :)