JUST DANCE 2 scores Challenge Week 8:

Options

Replies

• kaiasmama
    kaiasmama Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey Ya: 10023
    Mugsy Balone: 11265

I haven't done Baby Girl today...did some shuffle and the two songs I needed to improve! Hey Ya is frustrating me...there's one gold move that I just can't ever get! Beat a bunch of my old high scores on shuffle mode since many were songs I rarely do.
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I managed to sneak in a run today (when I shouldve been studying anatomy) before the sister got home. Here's my scores. I beat my high scores again on 2 of the songs. :) I don't know what happen with the last one. Oh well, the main thing is... is that I did it and had fun!

Hey Ya! - 10449
    Mugsy Balone - 9913
    Baby Girl - 9127
  • mamawildbear
    mamawildbear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    OMG I suck! Not worth even posting my scores at this point. How do you figure out calories burnt? Has anyone found a relationship between "sweat points" and actual calories? I don't have a HRM. I guess I could set a timer and put in "dancing" but it sure would have been nice if the game would have just told me.
  • prila13
    Options
    OMG I suck! Not worth even posting my scores at this point. How do you figure out calories burnt? Has anyone found a relationship between "sweat points" and actual calories? I don't have a HRM. I guess I could set a timer and put in "dancing" but it sure would have been nice if the game would have just told me.
    There's actually an option in the Exercise database for Wii Just Dance 2. Those things are just approximates though because everyone burns calories differently. But, it's a start.
  • mamawildbear
    mamawildbear Posts: 93 Member
    Options

There's actually an option in the Exercise database for Wii Just Dance 2. Those things are just approximates though because everyone burns calories differently. But, it's a start.

Nope. I don't find it. Searching "Just Dance" comes up with nothing. Searching "Wii" brings up a bunch of games but not that one.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options

i read somewhere that 4 sweat points = 1 calorie, but don't quote me on that.

I couldn't find anything in the database, so I had to make my own. I have a cheap heart rate watch, which I bought from Amazon, here in the UK. It's pretty accurate. I weigh 188lbs and burn around 400- 450cals per hour!

LouiseXXX
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    mamawildbear:

I suck at this too, my scores compared to the rest are terrible. Now I only did the dances one time each.
    They just kick my butt and I sweat so much. (but that is good) Anyway, I will try again and see if I can do better.
    If I can't improve I will just be doing this for fun not competition. :tongue:

Shirley
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I was REALLY crappy when I first started, it takes time to get the moves right. I've actually found that turn the remote a certain way during songs acutally helps. Even though the instructions say to hold it one way, which I always did and didn't get high scores. I started tilting the remote a bit one way or the other and it helped me a lot.
    I didn't see it either. If you created an exercise with that label, only you will see it, not everyone else. I found a website that is very close with what my HM tells me.

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php There are many activities on here that you can then add to MFP for yourself. I used this site since April and just got my HRM last month. I compared the 2 and there was usually less calories burned on the site than what my HRM said. I'd rather log a little less than a little more. Hope this helps everyone.
  • prila13
    Options
    I was REALLY crappy when I first started, it takes time to get the moves right. I've actually found that turn the remote a certain way during songs acutally helps. Even though the instructions say to hold it one way, which I always did and didn't get high scores. I started tilting the remote a bit one way or the other and it helped me a lot.
    I didn't see it either. If you created an exercise with that label, only you will see it, not everyone else. I found a website that is very close with what my HM tells me.

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php There are many activities on here that you can then add to MFP for yourself. I used this site since April and just got my HRM last month. I compared the 2 and there was usually less calories burned on the site than what my HRM said. I'd rather log a little less than a little more. Hope this helps everyone.
    Oh, who knows. I didn't create it though. I had been doing JD2 without even logging it cuz I didnt think it was in there but I decided to check on day and it was.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Wow- I was totally pathetic with these songs.

Hey Ya- 7366
    Mugsy- 5284 (First time doing it)
    Baby Girl- 7023 (First time)

I do so much better on the songs in the beginning. I'm not a Charleston, Salsa, etc kind of person.
  • ukredhead19
    ukredhead19 Posts: 176
    Options
    Thanks to Bru I found you gals again!! Can't wait to give these songs a go! will report back later.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Here are my scores, but I think I will have to bow out of this challenge.
    I can't keep up with all the great scores here on this thread. I just got the Dance 2
    this week and it is all new to me. Mugsy Balone I find really hard to do.
    Thanks for the opportunity.

Baby Girl 4120
    Mugsy Balone 2897
    Hey Ya 5260

Shirley
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I can't keep up with all the great scores here on this thread. I just got the Dance 2

Baby Girl 4120
    Mugsy Balone 2897
    Hey Ya 5260

Shirley

Shirley dont bow out! I could use some company .. I just tried it for the first time on Monday ... and hoping to try these songs on Saturday ... and trust me I am terrible! :)
  • prila13
    Options
    I finally got my little sister to play Just Dance 2 with me. Though, we didn't really keep up with scores so I don't have any scores to report. I kicked her butt on Hey Ya! though. LOL I didn't tell her I been practicing all week while she's gone. Oh, and I found out she leaves for bible camp this weekend so I have the Wii all to myself! Wooo!
  • tata2g3
    tata2g3 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey Ya! = 9838
    Mugsy Baloney = 11354
    Baby Girl = 9678
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options

Baby Girl 4120
    Mugsy Balone 2897
    Hey Ya 5260

Shirley

Don't bow out, just do this for fun!!!! (You could try practising the next 3 songs ready for next week, but don't tell anyone else. Shhhh...)

LouiseXXX
  • mblanch
    mblanch Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am so excited I bought just dance 2 this morning and am really happy to be able to take part in this. I had the first one but couldn't afford the second one. But have just been given a gift card as a present so got £20 off :D

I cannot wait to try it out but am having a rest day today because my legs are very sore.

This is such a good group :D
  • RushinBruisette
    Options

Baby Girl 4120
    Mugsy Balone 2897
    Hey Ya 5260

Shirley

Are you serious?!?! Why would you bow out, just because of some numbers? So what!! You JUST got the game, it takes a little bit to get use to it. The more you play, the more exercise you are getting in, so why would you want to stop exercise? I use to get frustrated with some moves (actually, there's still some today I have problems with) and when it happened, I would select the song, then put the remote down and just dance with out it to get the moves together. When I got the bulk of the moves going, I paired it with the remote again. Hang in there, you'll get better and be kicking some butt soon.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Ok Ok I will practice this weekend even though I have a busy weekend. Will try for next week.
    Are we still doing the same songs?

Shirley
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Louise has been posting them in order via the game, 3 at a time from Sunday to Saturday. So these songs are 'valid' until Saturday/Sunday then a new thread will be posted with the next 3 songs Sunday afternoon. The link will be posted on this thread when it's time to change.

I'm glad you have decided to stick with it. Most exercise is so boring, but dancing, especially with a fun challenge attached can be tons of fun :)