T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team.. new thread :0)

Options
?ui=2&ik=e54585c129&view=att&th=12e5fdf40100f7d0&attid=0.1.3&disp=emb&zw

Believe in yourself.

Its a new thread for T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team!
Are you looking for a team to join? Need someone to keep you going, share your sucess and struggles with? This is the team!
Anyone is welcome. Lets work on making those bellies lean and healthy! Share your goals with us and join in the conversation.

We do weekly weigh in every Friday. :0)

Replies

• Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Count Me In!!
    I don't have a weight loss goal, just want to be healthier & look better than I do. Yes, I would like to lose the amount of weight that is on my ticker (below) but will accept anything as long as the scale is going down.
    My last recorded weight: 247.5 lbs on 02/25/11
  • wises5
    wises5 Posts: 53
    Options
    Count me in need some support since i got a ganglion cyst on my wrist n workout is limited from it
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    The link in the old one didn't work... but I found you anyway! :-D I hope everyone else finds us too!!!!!
  • MandyC82
    Options
    I'm in! I just want to drop some weight and feel better about myself. I'm on my way, but I still struggle with late night snacking and motivation to work out! I love this!
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    Yay New People! Welcome and Good Luck with your goals, I hope we can help you in your journey!
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!

3416690.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

It's so nice to see more than two posts after 24 hours!

Let's make this thread a little fun AND challenging! Good reminder about the water, Lulu...so let's CHALLENGE ourselves to get in our 8 (at least 68 ounces) of water each day. Remember, we get some water from other food sources, vegetables, fruits, etc...but other foods SUCK water from us...like caffeine and alcohol. And don't forget to add more water when you exercise...because hopefully your sweating!

I joke, saying my water drinking is about the only GOOD thing I do for myself. I have a 56 oz insulated container with a lid and straw. I fill it with ice before I leave for work, then fill it when I get there. It's on my desk all day for me to sip as needed, and often I refill it. To make it a little tastier add a dollop of pure lemon or lime juice! Post when you can your hints and progress.

Blue, there was a quote on my facebook page from a friend...let's see if I can remember it...Focus on the goal, not the steps it takes to get there. If you keep your eye on that goal, the steps will come naturally. Something like that. I hope we get to see you again this week.

Lulu, I read or heard on TV that Thyroid issues are on the rise, especially among women. I remember when I was a kid (just a couple of years ago... ) we would use the excuse that our thyroid was acting up, if we couldn't lose weight...and doctors claimed NOT! Another was, "my metabolism has slowed" and again the doctors said...NOT. Oh yeah...and PMS was all in our heads!!!!!! Makes one wonder what else they'll finally believe to be true we've been claiming for centuries. I'm glad they found a "weigh" to help you.

HI EMMA!!!! Are you getting your homework done? Hang in there...you're doing great.

Deb, how far do you live from your job? I live about two blocks...up hill both ways and this time of year snow up to my, well knees right now. Contrats on the 18's! I'm there in the higher end brands (Penney's ) but still in 20 to 22 in the cheap stuff (JMS and Roamans). That's fine...I don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes when I'm like this.

Anita... drop in more often...even for a quick hello...we MISS you!

Shawna, I hope things go okay for you two.

Weekends are usually low calories days, if we aren't going anywhere. I sleep in, have a brunch of sorts and an early dinner, so it's sometimes an effort to get in 1200 calories. I made a delicious yogurt parfait for my "snack" today. Had something similar at the resort last weekend for breakfast. Mine wasn't as sweet, but still it hit the spot!

Monday's my day off and I have a TON of sewing projects to do. Should have done them today, but listened to NASCAR (yeah...Jeff Gordon won!) and cleaned up one of my email accounts. Also ordered a Notebook computer. Soon I'll be chatting with you while nestled in my comfy recliner instead of this old rickety office chair.

Happy Losing...Vicki...*Ü*

PS, the above is on the old post, too. Welcome Mandy, Wise and Dreamer. Ooooh, late night snacking...one of my bugaboos too, Mandy. We can fight it, together!
  • Amber2089
    Options
    Count me in too! I am having a lot of trouble lately with no real support team. This sounds great!!!

SW: 270
    CW 268
    GW: 180
  • Amber2089
    Options
    Count me in too! I am having a lot of trouble lately with no real support team. This sounds great!!!

SW: 270
    CW 268
    GW: 180
  • Danielle_90
    Options
    Im NEW barely made a profile a few min ago!!! count me In i need that little push and motivation to keep me going and all my friends are supper skinny so they dont know where im coming from :smile:
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    great!!! Welcome everyone! Chat it up!!!
    VIcki, thank you, I am sooo frustrated! Now we are alike SCREW it lets just ugrade big time and get out of here... I am looking at a 2 br loft townhome in mountlake terrace that has a garage included!! It's 50$ more than what our apt raised it to so it is soo worth the upgrade. We will see. :-D Thank you for the kind words!

I am so happy so many people have joined us!!
    Vicki is so wonderful! She posts to everyone every time. So sweet!
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    WOW a new thread renewed us!!! How wonderful. I only have a couple of minutes to post before having to get ready for work.

Thanks Cyndi for starting the new thread!! Now come back here and post more often we miss you. MAKE time for your new friends and us old ones LOL.

Vicki I live less than a mile from work and have walked on beautiful days in the summer but I am not kidding about having to walk if the gas prices get much worse. There is a bit of a hill going to work so it takes me 20 minutes to walk to work and 15 minute to walk home. I love coming down the hill LOL

Shawnalee I used to be an apartment manager so I know what you are feeling and I'm sorry they didn't give you much notice. I hope you find a wonderful place that is worth the money you have to spend!!

Danielle I am the same way ...all my friends are so much thinner they have no clue what it is like to be fat! The frustration of shopping for clothes. Hating to have a picture taken. We can help each other here...please keep coming we want to help.

Welcome Amber. We try hard to be a good support!

For the late night snackers. Keep those 100 calorie snacks around. They have some that help the chocolate craving, or sweet craving as well as salty or crunchy craving. I have the hunts chocolate pudding that is 70-80 calories to take care of my chocolate craving. If I don't have anything then I just go to bed and not let myself eat.

Vicki I am amazed that I am wearing a size 18 right now. The last time I wore an 18 I was 210lbs and I am stuck at 233 right now. At 210 I hope I'll be in a 16. I am 5 foot 7 and we are all shaped differently so everyone wears different things at different times. If I get into a 16 I will be so thrilled...I haven't worn at 16 since I was 16 , yrs old that is!

I have hit a plateau and I bounce back up and down 3 lbs. I want to get down under that 230!

I can't drink that much water I would float away. But I will try for 4 cups a day. Hope everyone has a great week!

Deb
  • Amber2089
    Options
    Is this coincidence or are most the people in this thread from Washington?? I think I've seen at least 4!!
  • misschaplin
    Options
    Im new and would love to join group as Im definately going to be in need of support. :D
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Yes Amber there are 4 from Washington.Are you from here too LOL. Cyndi is from Vancouver, I am from Des Moines, Shawnalee is North of Seattle I think, Vicki is on the other side of the mountains. We are the fat cats of WA LOL Cyndi and I are friends in real life not just here. I'd love to meet Shawnalee and Vicki!

Welcome mischaplin, pammie and mandy . Tell us about yourself!

Today it was snowing like crazy when I had my break at work so I didn't walk today. I sure missed it. It clears my head and refreshes me to keep working. Maybe I will get a walk in this afternoon. Gonna log my food and get back to work I am home for lunch. Have a great day!

Deb
  • Amber2089
    Options
    I'm originally from the Olympia area, but have been living up in Bellingham for the last 5 years. Actually the first 2 of those years is when i gained all my weight (stupid college!!) actually stupid me lol.

And I'm trying really hard today!! I have been having migraines for the last few weeks but today it was messing with my vision and making me throw up =(. all i want to do is eat fatty comfort food but i haven't!!! I'm resting through too so not much exercise =(
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    I'm originally from the Olympia area, but have been living up in Bellingham for the last 5 years. Actually the first 2 of those years is when i gained all my weight (stupid college!!) actually stupid me lol.

And I'm trying really hard today!! I have been having migraines for the last few weeks but today it was messing with my vision and making me throw up =(. all i want to do is eat fatty comfort food but i haven't!!! I'm resting through too so not much exercise =(
    ANOTHER WA PAL! This is great! I freaking LOVE this state, and nothing will ever change my mind. Except maybe the cost of housing! JK That is biased due to my current experience. Welcome to the thread, there are some fun and wonderful ladies here!
    Deb I would love to meet you too one day! One day! Maybe we all could go to great wolf lodge and show off our new hot bods hahahhhahaha ;)
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Sorry about your migraines Amber. I get them too. I hate when they make you throw up. Try some caffeine. It helps sometimes. I also found that an ice pack helps too. I was amazed that ice helped.

I graduated from Olympia High a hundred years ago. I spent the weekend in Olympia weekend before last with my parents. It's changed so much. My mom drove me past the school and I hardly recognized it.

College is a common place for girls to gain weight. They are out from under their parents thumb. They do what they want when they want, and some even start to drink. All that puts on the pounds. Don't beat yourself up over it. Just recognize it and go from there. Try hard to keep some good snacks around so when you are tempted you have something good to snack on.

Deb
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    Sorry about your migraines Amber. I get them too. I hate when they make you throw up. Try some caffeine. It helps sometimes. I also found that an ice pack helps too. I was amazed that ice helped.

I graduated from Olympia High a hundred years ago. I spent the weekend in Olympia weekend before last with my parents. It's changed so much. My mom drove me past the school and I hardly recognized it.

College is a common place for girls to gain weight. They are out from under their parents thumb. They do what they want when they want, and some even start to drink. All that puts on the pounds. Don't beat yourself up over it. Just recognize it and go from there. Try hard to keep some good snacks around so when you are tempted you have something good to snack on.

Deb
    I agree- caffeine. Could also be dehydration OR lack of rest. Try all of the above plus a hot bath! ;) Feel better!
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Ha Ha Shawnalee...I will NEVER have a hot body I am too old. But it would be nice to have a smaller one. Where is the wolf lodge located. I've seen it advertise but I am not sure where it is. I agree with you that WA is the best place to live. I've lived in several places because of being an army brat but I love it here.

I managed to get a walk in this afternoon but man it was COLD. I can't wait for some warmer weather. I made spaghetti for dinner tonight and it tasted like a million bucks!! Ever have something so simple taste so damn good??? I measured it out and tried to be good but I did go back and eat another bite or two. I managed to drink my 4 cups of water today. I'm finally getting in a few more calories so that I am not eating only 800-900 a day. My nerves don't feel so shot. Now if I could just get some sleep without pain I'd be great.

Gonna try to get to bed early tonight. Hope everyone had a good Monday!

Deb