Lose 5 Pounds a Month March 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• alicejoanna
    Options
    that wud be hard i fink.... only 500 calories?
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    March 1~ 163.8
    March 7~ 162

Down 1.8 so I'm pretty happy with that. I've started incorporating C2K into my weekend workouts so I need 1 more day of running this week to meet that program. I figured weekends were a good time to get it in because I go later in the day then and at 5am serious running is a little harder for me. I was surprised that I did decent with it. I haven't been running in forever so it felt good and the change in pace helped keep me focused. I did 30DS this am and felt pretty good with that. I'm so glad I'm getting back into a routine. I like to change up what I do so I'm glad the gym I go to has a variety. I think that I got stuck in a rut with trying to stick to the same exercise constantly. I like a little switch up.

blackbyrd_keep at it maybe after a bit it'll become a routine. I don't know about you but I'm not an avid cooker either so when I experiment hubby gets a little leery! *lol* But if he's doing the program with you I'm sure he's appreciating all your efforts!!

timbotina_congrats to the little one! she looks adorable!!

lisafrances_great weigh in! keep up the great work!

dmgaloha_how are you enjoying c2k? I just started it Saturday and the first 2 days felt great but I know had I planned on doing it today (thankfully I didn't!) but had I planned on it- I think my legs wouldn't have allowed me to keep up that pace! *lol* I'll be doing it again for the 3rd probably on Wednesday. I look forward to the challenge but I know I had jello legs today!

jeanhaynes_hopefully you're feeling better today! wtg with the weigh in! Keep up the good work!

To the new joiners-welcome! Hope your week is wonderful and stick with us as we shed these 5 lbs!!:wink:
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    that wud be hard i fink.... only 500 calories?

No, a 500 calorie _deficit_, meaning you have to burn 500 more calories than you eat. So exercise off 500 calories, or exercise off 250 and eat 250 less, or eat 500 less.
  • MrsRios
    MrsRios Posts: 56
    Options
    I am sooooo in !!!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    :cry: Girl Scout Cookies got the best of me last night and today the scale was up again. I have all week to work this off so I'm not going to stress that much, but I told my guy to hide them and putting them into the cabinet in plain view is not hiding them!!! :grumble:

Anyway, going to keep walking at lunch and I hope to burn it off fast and keep going down on the scale.

Yesterday I went to the bridal store and was trying on dresses for the wedding. Once I got the first one on and went out to show the girls (my sisters and mom) I started to cry a little. I felt that was weird because I am not a gushy person in most cases, but I think it just hit me that this is really going to happen after waiting so long. My sisters each bought me a bridal book to read and were so sweet the whole time. It was so nice having some time with them yesterday and the day before at mom's party. White dresses are fun to put on (as long as you don't look at the price tag! ouch!!) but I found a few I like and had a nice lunch out while Grandpa Ben watched the kiddos.

Now back to real life, Monday meetings and paying bills-oh joy! :flowerforyou: Have a good day friends.
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Jenn--- what an exciting time for you!!! I am glad your family is being nice and supportive and not like those zillas I see on "Say Yes to the Dress!" You are going to be such a beautiful bride!

Dmg--- How is C25K treating you? I am also doing it now. I got to Week 6 last time I tried it and have since started over. I like it a lot!

I am meeting friends every Tuesday and Thursday to do C25K. It helps me stay committed. I have also recently discovered racquetball, and I LOVE it! It is so much fun. I think it is a really good workout but am going to wear my heart rate monitor next time I play to see how much I burn.

My eating is still so-so but I am getting better and better bit by bit. Being active really helps. I love that I am finally finding active things that I ENJOY. I am actually excited to get off my butt and moving.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • princess_tia
    Options
    I am in!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    March 1st: 201.2 lbs
    March 7th: 199.2 lbs - going down, but I still changed my ticker to show my increase as of today :ohwell:

I know I haven't been doing the best lately, so I need to get my groove back. I also have unfortunately had TOM visiting me for 9 days now. :noway: I have NO IDEA why! Grrrr.....normally 2-3 days & done. So I know that has a LOT to do with my gain. So I will just have to get back to kicking my bootay and hopefully I will see success on that scale!

blackbyrd - I did the 6 wk body makeover several years ago. It works, but yes there is a TON of prep work/cooking. However - once you go off of it, you need to watch what you eat, because it will come creeping back and then some.

lisafrancis - great loss!!!! :bigsmile:

Jenn - so happy for you with the wedding dresses! Its so exciting when you get to find your dress!!! :happy:

Donna - congrats on getting so close to graduating C25K!! You are almost there!! YAY!! Also - as for my pic - it was taken DURING those double Grey Gooses! :laugh:

mamarees & Amanda - congrats to you both on starting & restarting C25K!!!

ifychudy - I'm back to 199 again - and I'm NOT going to see a 2 on that scale ever again! So we both need to keep it going together!! :flowerforyou:

Tina - I redid my ticker too to reflect my 2 lb gain. It was more, but now it is back under 200 and I'm never gonna see that 2 on that scale again!
  • blackbyrd61
    blackbyrd61 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Kintegra, Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully because I was losing before starting this program and I'm doing way more exercise than it calls for, I'll be okay. I have gained and lose too many times before and this is it ~ NO MORE...six week body makeover or not! :smile:

March 1st: 201.2 lbs
    March 7th: 199.2 lbs - going down, but I still changed my ticker to show my increase as of today :ohwell:

I know I haven't been doing the best lately, so I need to get my groove back. I also have unfortunately had TOM visiting me for 9 days now. :noway: I have NO IDEA why! Grrrr.....normally 2-3 days & done. So I know that has a LOT to do with my gain. So I will just have to get back to kicking my bootay and hopefully I will see success on that scale!

blackbyrd - I did the 6 wk body makeover several years ago. It works, but yes there is a TON of prep work/cooking. However - once you go off of it, you need to watch what you eat, because it will come creeping back and then some.

lisafrancis - great loss!!!! :bigsmile:

Jenn - so happy for you with the wedding dresses! Its so exciting when you get to find your dress!!! :happy:

Donna - congrats on getting so close to graduating C25K!! You are almost there!! YAY!! Also - as for my pic - it was taken DURING those double Grey Gooses! :laugh:

mamarees & Amanda - congrats to you both on starting & restarting C25K!!!

ifychudy - I'm back to 199 again - and I'm NOT going to see a 2 on that scale ever again! So we both need to keep it going together!! :flowerforyou:

Tina - I redid my ticker too to reflect my 2 lb gain. It was more, but now it is back under 200 and I'm never gonna see that 2 on that scale again!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    So appearently my BMK post never posted this morning :huh: so here it is..

Good morning al! BMK Challenges for this week are : Squat Press with weights 20reps/day for 5days Pilates or Yoga 20min 3x/week (youtube has some really good videos so you don't have to buy any if you don't have any dvd's) Try a new food cuisine (if you’ve tried ‘everything’, maybe revisit one you haven’t had lately).

Got my hair cut yesterday, about 7in in total gone and put a red tint in it as well. Hubby likes it so that means it's not too short, lol.

Skipped my weigh in this morning since yesterday was a very low activity day, hoping to see a193.9 tomorrow morning, but if not, I'll be just fine. I really want to hit 50lbs gone this week. Have a great Monday!
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    SW 237
    CW 234

Three pounds this last week!!!!!!!!! So excited!
  • Skoshi
    Skoshi Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello! Im in as well. I had a bad week and I feel like I need to make up for it. :embarassed:

SW: 171
    CW: 149

144 by April 1 would be wonderful!
  • Foutlaw77
    Foutlaw77 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    SW: 154
    week 1: 151

Hooray!!!!
  • Serenity79
    Options
    March 1st 152
    March 8th 151.5

Half a pound off. It's still something, I guess!!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    A totally unexplained weight gain...I worked out 6 days last week and did good diet wise...Hopefully the scale moves this week before the dreaded TOM appears....

Mar 1: 178
    Mar 7: 180 :grumble:
    Mar 14
    Mar 21:
    Mar 28: [Goal weight 173]
  • lisamfick
    lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    starting weight 3/1: 184.4 pounds
    3/8 - 180.2 - wow! what a week - this is after a plateau so I'm guessing it's not typical
    3/15 -
    3/22 -
    3/29 -

Good Luck everyone!
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    wk1 148.4
    wk2 145.8

2.6 lbs! hopefully that'll be consistant. i leave for vacation april 4 and would like to be in the 130s :)

GREAT WORK EVERYONE! Remember to keep setting goals!!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    March 1 starting weight 179.
    March 8 weight 177.5

down 1.5 pounds. I was very surprised because I had a horrible weekend eating and only got in 2 workouts last week. Life is crazy right now but will try to check in later when I have more time.

Goal 174 (or lighter)

Keep working at this.

Terri
  • jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    Options
    Hello,

Just joined this site today so figured a goal would be a good starting point.

Count me in to lose 5lbs in March! Good luck everyone!

Current weight: 177lbs
    Overall target weight: 150lbs
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    Slowly slowly, the last few lbs are starting to move!

March 1 = 145
    March 8 = 144

Down 1!