Lavish Choc oatmeal

Options
laurenk182004
laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
So this isn't really a recipe...but I usually add 1 T of pb to my lavish dark chocolate oatmeal, adding 100 calories..and it's soo good. BUT today I am out of peanut butter and I tried 1/3 cup of mini marshmallows with it...and omg it's so good and adds only 50 calories, making a sweet, filling and delicious bowl of oatmeal at 210 calories :)
Just thought I'd share that latest find lol

Replies

• HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I love adding about a tablespoon of chocolate chips to my steel cut oats. So yummy!!!
    Also banana slices.
  • mrbunzey
    mrbunzey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So you are counting calories, good for you. Good effort but what about the really important things, like what you eat. Marshmallows in chocolate Oatmeal, who are you kidding? Haven't you heard, SUGAR is the number one killer in America. It is the reason that 2/3's of America is fat and for the epidemic of obesity and diabetes. Learn to curb your appetite for sugar or know that even if you manage to lose weight you will still not get healthy. I listen to friends that are batling with the devastion Diabetes has brought to their bodies. They complain that they can't understand as they have taken their medication religiously for the last 10 years to control the illness. The simple answer is that medications can only mask the problem but do not cure. Most cure comes from eating right. It is and always has been what they put in their mouths that has devasted their bodies and is now killing them. Start now to change your focus from your wieght and how you look to finding out how truly healthy you can be. Yes, do count calories, count healthy calories.
  • jessicamichalski
    Options
    So you are counting calories, good for you. Good effort but what about the really important things, like what you eat. Marshmallows in chocolate Oatmeal, who are you kidding? Haven't you heard, SUGAR is the number one killer in America. It is the reason that 2/3's of America is fat and for the epidemic of obesity and diabetes. Learn to curb your appetite for sugar or know that even if you manage to lose weight you will still not get healthy. I listen to friends that are batling with the devastion Diabetes has brought to their bodies. They complain that they can't understand as they have taken their medication religiously for the last 10 years to control the illness. The simple answer is that medications can only mask the problem but do not cure. Most cure comes from eating right. It is and always has been what they put in their mouths that has devasted their bodies and is now killing them. Start now to change your focus from your wieght and how you look to finding out how truly healthy you can be. Yes, do count calories, count healthy calories.

wow..she was just explaining other options..if you don't like the way she eats...don't read it..and don't post on it..
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    I don't eat it every day for every meal...Ya don't have to be a jerk about it. I eat all kinds of very healthy foods. This is just a chocolatey treat I've found. It's better than eating a chocolate cake...
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like raisins and cinnamon in my oatmeal. I haven't explored any other options but I've heard people putting PB in theres.
  • jessicamichalski
    Options
    I don't eat it every day for every meal...Ya don't have to be a jerk about it. I eat all kinds of very healthy foods. This is just a chocolatey treat I've found. It's better than eating a chocolate cake...

I definitely agree with you..I eat cinnamon roll oatmeal because it is SOO much better than eating a real cinn roll..so I completely understand..you do it in moderation..and I think it's fine.. :)
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Thanks Jessica :)
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Oh crap, RELAX!
    Getting heated over friggin chocolate oatmeal and marshmallows. Really?

I'm gonna have a ginormous bowl of it now WITH EXTRA MALLOWS.
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    Where exactly can I find this Lavish dark Chocolate Oatmeal....sounds good and I have never heard of it or seen it.
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Thanks JOJO!!! :heart: Don't make yourself sick on it's sugary deliciousness...lol

As for finding the lavish dark chocolate oatmeal, it's made by Better Oats and should be at your grocery store with the other oatmeal products. At my grocery store it's on the top shelf! :bigsmile:
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    As for finding the lavish dark chocolate oatmeal, it's made by Better Oats and should be at your grocery store with the other oatmeal products. At my grocery store it's on the top shelf! :bigsmile:

Thanks! Will def look for it next grocery trip!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I like to add Captain Morgan's to my diet coke. How's that for un-healthy?? :bigsmile:
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options

Dude, I dont know what you are going through today but its not fair taking it out on Lauren. Jeeze.
  • HOPEful27
    Options

I don't think he was being a jerk about anything. Too many people here get something posted on their topic & if it is anything but what they want to hear then they get seriously defensive. Most of the time without merrit. Keep in mind that alot of what we say can be misunderstood when it is in print. He may have wholeheartedly thought he was helping you & wanted that to come across in the most sincere mannor. I too, eat things that maybe I shouldn't. Heck I may have even tried the chocolate oatmeal, but he has made me think twice about it.
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I never thought about putting a nut butter in oatmeal - that sounds awesome. I pretty much gave up on oatmeal because it's so bland and after i eat it I'm hungry in half an hour. But I've been reconsidering it becuase of the healthy fiber content. After reading the oatmeal thread (and this thread) I'm going to try oatmeal, cashew butter and banana for breakfast.

Re: sugar, unless you're diabetic, your body can certainly handle a few marshmellows and the carbs in oatmeal. The types of carbs and fiber in oatmeal are actually very diabetic friendly, though a diabetic would need to eat it with other foods and keep portion size limited.
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Dude, I dont know what you are going through today but its not fair taking it out on Lauren. Jeeze.

My hero! Oh it was just awful! Thankyou! hehe...k, so it wasn't quite that bad :blushing:
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    oh, and 1 more thing! This thread was simply me putting out there tha choc oatmeal and marshmallows is tasty. End of discussion. If you don't want to try it, by all means, DON'T. I had no idea I needed to put a "disclaimer" on every post I make...SHEESH! ok...lol I done now :flowerforyou:
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    oh, and 1 more thing! This thread was simply me putting out there tha choc oatmeal and marshmallows is tasty. End of discussion. If you don't want to try it, by all means, DON'T. I had no idea I needed to put a "disclaimer" on every post I make...SHEESH! ok...lol I done now :flowerforyou:

Ever try heating up apple cider and adding to oatmeal instead of hot water. Its pretty good.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    i think mrbunzey was not trying to be mean. As an EMT and nursing student I see a LOT of people with diabetes. In fact, in the 8 or so weeks I've had a patient in clinical, probably 6 of them had diabetes. And most of them were hospitalized due to complications from it. And you know what? they all said similar things: well, I eat healthy. But when we took a deeper look into their habits, they werent eating as healthy as they thought. this "recipe" is good for a once in a while splurge, but marshmellows are pure sugar and add no nutritional value, so I have to agree this recipe is not healthy. Calories arent the only thing that make you gain weight.
    While PB may be 50 calories more, it also has much greater nutritional value. Look at everything as a whole, not just the parts you want to see. and im not saying that with attitude so dont everyone go all crazy on me like you did to mrbunzey! His words could have been taken harshly, but I think he was talking in a concerned matter, as am I. Do I eat unhealthy foods sometimes? of course, everyone does... and im sure he does too.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    @ sweet_lotus: packaged oatmeal is not recommended for diabetics, as it has a high sugar content. What type of diabetic (insulin dependent or insulin resistant) is also an important factor.
    HOWEVER, how do you think one becomes diabetic?? Genetics arent always the answer.