Lose 5+ pounds in March? You bet we can!!!!

Options

Replies

• JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Screen name: JD92
    Goal for March 31st: 220/221
    March1st (starting weight): 226.6
    March 8th: 224.2
    March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:

I honestly thought the weigh-in was wednesday, today, dammmn. :)
    Anyhows, down 2.4lbs! So happy, didnt think I'd do that well at all! I done well with calories, in the green, most days, a few over by a bit, so compensated by being a wee bit under on others. Over-all, stuck to it well. So happy to be seeing results after a plateau around 226 for weeks.
  • Danoodle
    Danoodle Posts: 30
    Options
    2young4this thank u for lettn me join even tho im late. I was embarassed for following off the wagon, and the more ashamed i felt, the more a few more pounds came back on. But im back on track and more determined then ever! I have been going to the gym everyday after work.

Screen name: ladolcevita Stephanie
    Goal for March 31st: 205
    March1st (starting weight): ?
    March 8th: 214.5
    March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:

Hey, don't worry about falling off! life is pretty much a series of stints on and off the wagon! Nobody stays on all the time. I've noticed that, even if I don't lose weight or if I gain, or if I don't make it to the gym for a week or whatever - holding myself responsible by posting my numbers and checking in actually helped in the long run. You'll see that people can relate and are 100% supportive!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,359 Member
    Options
    2young4this thank u for lettn me join even tho im late. I was embarassed for following off the wagon, and the more ashamed i felt, the more a few more pounds came back on. But im back on track and more determined then ever! I have been going to the gym everyday after work.

March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:

Hi Stephanie, Good for you on not giving up on yourself! You can do this, you just need to remember you do not have to be perfect to lose weight. None of us are perfect and the all or nothing thinking will surely defeat you in the end because if you are not on 100 percent you are more prone to give up. If you think postively about your bumps in the road, lapses, relapses you will succeed. Success is not giving up and getting up each time you fall down and learning from past mistakes. Congrats on returning and not giving up!:flowerforyou:
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Screen name: xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Goal for March 31st:196
    March1st (starting weight): 204.6
    March 8th: 203
    March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    If I could submit a correction (if not too late :tongue: )
    Screen name: hooah_mj
    Goal for March 31st: 135
    [still recovering from a spring cleaning glute pull, but i got the rest of March to work that 5+lbs off ]

March1st ( starting weight): 142lb
    March 8th: 142 (- 0)
    March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:

Screen name: hooah_mj
    Goal for March 31st: 135
    didn't have time to weigh-in before noon, so I was very pleased to see a half lb drop :bigsmile:

March1st ( starting weight): 142lb
    March 8th: 141.5 (- 0.5)
    March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:

Good for you! :flowerforyou: Congrats!

I started to do this, but decided to wait and let it be off next week.....:-)
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options

March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:

We are just glad to have you back! Don't be a stranger... message me if you are feeling fed up x
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey girls and guys, the moment you have all been waiting for...
    The table!
    March-2011-Group-Weigh-in-1.jpg

Well done to Kerenvaknin for losing 6.8 pounds! A-maz-ing!!! Please share your secrets.

My gym membership expired but I have joined a new one today. Very excited to get back in to an exercise routine.

Make this week count xxx
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I dunno why, I just got all excited seeing my name in that table! LOL

Honest to God, I've felt this for a while but never said it here, MFP changed my life in regards to my weight. I definitley would have given up many months ago if not for this site. Before, I was so sure that eating barely anything was the way to go. I was so wrong. To be actually eating real food and still seeing results.. its amazing!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I get excited seeing my name on the spreadsheet too! hehe

2Y4T - Do you have a total on lbs lost for the week for the whole group?

Kerenvaknin - Congrats on the 6 lb loss! That is incredible!! Keep it up, and share your secrets! :flowerforyou:
  • danyotennis
    Options
    I`m impressed! All these weights going down. Makes me feel guilty about my `not so good week`

But I`ll try harder this week (no birthday party on the program should help)

Hope to join the minus group next week!!!

Have a good week all!!

:embarassed:

• hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats!

I started to do this, but decided to wait and let it be off next week.....:-)
    lol Mollie1037, I must be a little to vain :laugh: thx for the kuddos !

2y4T...again, a great chart! I love seeing all those folks pushing that scale down...it's like we're some little village pushing against the same big rock :bigsmile:

mj :flowerforyou:
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    Hi, newbie here and I like this thread. A bit late in joining but I need some motivation and I'm hoping to lose a few pounds this month. Target is 2lb each week so hopefully I'll be 124 by the end of the month. I lost two stones last year but stopped jogging during august but I want to get back into routine again in preparation for the summer. Ultimate dream weight is 112-120.

March1st (starting weight): 131lbs
    March 8th: 131lbs
    March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:

Target: 124
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    For some reason you forgot my name on the table

My weigh in is on the 12th page of the topic and I believe I was the 12th post down from the top.
  • kerenvaknin
    kerenvaknin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thank you, 2Young4This, you are awesome! :)

I couldn't believe it either! I think this dramatic weight loss is because it's my second week on the diet.

I expect to lose 2 pounds maximum in the following weeks, but anyway I'm really happy! :)

I'm just following this amazing site, eating 1200 cal per day (I limit myself to 1000 to take buffer, but I think it's 1200 eventually) and participating the challenges of burning 3500 cal/week - this is so cool :)

This is my first weight loss challenge, thank you so much for pushing me and everybody else to do that :)
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Screen name: GOLDK
    Goal for March 31st: anything lower than 185.6
    March1st (starting weight): 185.6
    March 10th: 184 :bigsmile:
    March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hey girls and guys, the moment you have all been waiting for...
    The table!
    March-2011-Group-Weigh-in-1.jpg

Well done to Kerenvaknin for losing 6.8 pounds! A-maz-ing!!! Please share your secrets.

My gym membership expired but I have joined a new one today. Very excited to get back in to an exercise routine.

Make this week count xxx

Thanks 2Y4T!!! Congrats fo all for checking in and losers too!!! Keep up the good maintainers and hang in there gainers! Success is never giving up! Have a good week!
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    hello Im joining a bit late as hadnt seen the post before - I weigh in on a Monday is that ok to just post on Mondays with my weight>?!?!?!

Screen name:
    Goal for March 31st: 135lbs
    March1st (starting weight): 140lbs
    March 8th: 138lbs
    March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I wish I could get the table for my challenge like this but excel isnt allowing me to save in jpeg format :( x
  • KatD2011
    KatD2011 Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi All,

Is it too late for me to join? I just joined MFP on Monday, as I'm sick and tired of this extra baby weight I'm carrying around. I'm ready to get fit!

Screen name: KatD2011
    Goal for March 31st: 187lbs
    March1st (starting weight): 192lbs
    March 8th: 192lbs
    March 15th:
    March 22nd:
    March 29th:
    March 31st:
  • elainio
    elainio Posts: 77
    Options
    Thank you, 2Young4This, you are awesome! :)

I couldn't believe it either! I think this dramatic weight loss is because it's my second week on the diet.

I expect to lose 2 pounds maximum in the following weeks, but anyway I'm really happy! :)

I'm just following this amazing site, eating 1200 cal per day (I limit myself to 1000 to take buffer, but I think it's 1200 eventually) and participating the challenges of burning 3500 cal/week - this is so cool :)

This is my first weight loss challenge, thank you so much for pushing me and everybody else to do that :)

Well done you have done really great this week! the calorie burning challenge is a good idea! is it a group thing or are you just doing it yourself??

E