Team UK - March 2011

Options

Replies

• fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    So looks like we have all struggled with where the time has gone and all had to wrestle with parties, celebrations, nights out etc which have led us all to slip a little!! Always reassuring to know you're not alone as it makes us human. :laugh:

Eviesmum - welcome - yes this thread is open to all in UK - no specific challenge, just an opportunity for us all to share. if you are looking for a challenge many of us have added some rivalry by joining the great northern numpties 'v southern softies challenge, each week Rosy tots up our collective weight-loss and sees which team wins. Mail me if you want to join in and I'll send you a link / Rosy's details to join.

Have a good week / month all
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Ah March is a great month, looking forward to the clocks changing..then we know Spring is here. My goal is to lose 6lbs this month, got a bit behind last month on my 1lb a week target for the year so need to catch up.
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    So looks like we have all struggled with where the time has gone and all had to wrestle with parties, celebrations, nights out etc which have led us all to slip a little!! Always reassuring to know you're not alone as it makes us human. :laugh:

Eviesmum - welcome - yes this thread is open to all in UK - no specific challenge, just an opportunity for us all to share. if you are looking for a challenge many of us have added some rivalry by joining the great northern numpties 'v southern softies challenge, each week Rosy tots up our collective weight-loss and sees which team wins. Mail me if you want to join in and I'll send you a link / Rosy's details to join.

Have a good week / month all

I would love to join this if I can?
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hello! My home internet isnt on (Thanks BT for having £58 of mine...) so logging here is hard! Its my birthday on Friday, so I hope I can feel good about myself for then :)
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello - newbe - is this for all UK MFP's or is this for a specific challenge?

Anyone and everyone is welcome :)
  • lrns88
    Options
    No offence to anyone, but I'm kinda glad other people struggled in February!! I kinda felt like I achieved a lot in January so could slack off - not the case! So March is defo game time. Thinking about giving up alcohol for Lent, but I've got a wedding mid-April and I'm away with work the first week, so it might be a half-lent attempt. hmmmmm.

For everyone new, anyone is more than welcome to post - the more the merrier :) so just feel free to chat away.

And gilleeman - weird times you can't see my blog! I'll have a fiddle with my signature on here and see if I can link it from there. Alternatively, if you google lrns88, my blog comes up on the first page on Google!

Good luck for this month everyone :) xxxx
  • emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    I'm fairly new to MFP, wanted to say hi to all fellow UK MFPers!!!!

......and a Happy Saint Davids Day to you all!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Debx12345
    Debx12345 Posts: 210
    Options
    Hello all you ukers, missed the February thread totally, god knows where my head was!!!

Any newbies add me as a friend if you like.
    X
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.....First time for me on this uk thread.Good luck to you all for the month ahead...Will be nice to have some more friends for support.....:smile:
  • chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    Ohhhh yes can't wait for the clocks to change!!
  • sylvia1970
    sylvia1970 Posts: 134
    Options
    Hi guys,

I started last Monday. On a 7 week challenge already. Set myself a target to lose 3lbs by saturday weigh. My own weigh in is on a Monday so a huge task on my shoulders but i'm up for it.

Feel like i've finally got my head round to doing what i've been wanting to do since the kids were born.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm not really new any more but I didn't know us UK folk had our own team! :smile:

"Good Mood March" I am giving up Coffee and the trusty Xbox this month so I aim to stay in a good Mood no matter what!!! lol

Good Luck with your goals this month guys!

Ben.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello!

hope everyone is well!

im hoping march is the month to get me to goal! im 4lbs away to 9stone! woo hoo! fingers crossed for a loss this week!
    and good luck to everyone else :)
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I have a long way to go for goal... over 90lb, but i am hopinh that a 5-10lb loss this month will get me out of the 240s...

Hi, me too! Good luck to you! Did you see Biggest loser last night? They all looked great!
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Good luck on reaching your goal this month Sue!

I still have about 80lbs to go if not more, but my aim this month is anything over 8lb that way I will hit my 2 stone loss!!

Good luck with the 8lb target this month....I lost nothing in Feb after a fab January so March must be better!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    lrns, I've had no problem accessing your blog, I just copied and pasted the address from your signature - love that dress btw :-)

I gave up chocolate for lent last year, not that I'm strictly religious it just seemed like a good challenge and worked well for me when I was starting to lose weight. I gave up alcohol for November last year but I don't think I want to give it up for lent, I enjoy my relaxing glass of wine too much and have learnt that I can still control my weight and enjoy alcohol.

Goals wise I'm still within my goal weight range, although I know my ticker says I still have 1kg to go because you have to set a specific number as a goal. I might even raise my goal weight slightly as I'm working out pretty hard and gaining muscle. One of my goals for the year is to get strong enough to do 5 unassisted pull ups, I've worked up to doing sets of 3 so far this year, I wonder if I can get to 5 by the end of March.
  • lrns88
    Options
    I have a long way to go for goal... over 90lb, but i am hopinh that a 5-10lb loss this month will get me out of the 240s...

Hi, me too! Good luck to you! Did you see Biggest loser last night? They all looked great!

OMG I watched it and cried and cried and crief, especially for Claire, Paddy and Wil. Just amazing. Was interesting to see how they did as it was from start to finish (21 weeks), which puts it far more in perspective than just week by week I think. That made me think about how much I want to achieve in 21 weeks, and how much of a difference that time can make - I think it's really easy to get lost in the week by week bit and not notice your achievements over a longer period of time.

However, gotta say I prefer the US Biggest Loser - far more drama and the amazing Jillian Michaels!!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I agree I prefer the USA version better, dont know if it will be the same without Bob and Jillian though since they left :(

Did Jillians 30 day shred lastnight and feel like someone has dropped a large boulder on all my bones today!!
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    anbody know where i can get the infamous 30 day shred from in the uk? i keep hearing so much about it but have never seen it in the shops, (having said that i am a couch potato so it may just gather dust for ever) but i wanna see what all the fuss is about
  • reemasolanki
    Options
    anbody know where i can get the infamous 30 day shred from in the uk? i keep hearing so much about it but have never seen it in the shops, (having said that i am a couch potato so it may just gather dust for ever) but i wanna see what all the fuss is about

You can get in on Amazon. Not too badly priced and it is really good. I have just completed Level 2 and will be starting Level 3 today. I do not weigh myself that often as I do not want to get hung up on numbers, but I am definitely seeing my body being more toned and I have lost inches as I can now get into trousers I have not worn in two years!

Good luck all for March!