Team UK - March 2011

Options

Replies

• smileylittleorange
    smileylittleorange Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find the cold makes them REALLY hungry?
    I do and I work outside in the cold. For the winter I increased my calories on those days. When its hot I tend to lose my appetite maybe its because I drink more water.

smileylittleorange, I'm on the SouthCoast (Portsmouth) where are you? Buddy me if you like and anyone else who wants some support. :happy:

Welcome all the other new comers.

Maria thats an awesome weightloss for this week congratulations!

Ha how funny and i was overjoyed to find UK peeps! i'm in Havant :-) love living down here especially summer sundays at the bandstand and nice long walks from Southsea to Gunwharf and back (shopping along the way lol) will try to figure out the buddy thing !
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    hello everyone!

good week for me! 2lbs off, now 9st 2lbs! my goal is 9st but now i might aim for 8st 12lbs.

hope everyone had a good week

Very very awesome my fellow Southern Softie. :drinker:

8st 12lb is my goal weight as that's my lean racing weight from a year and a half ago (before it all went wrong). Am still 20lb away from that sadly but must be patient.
  • Rhian_81
    Rhian_81 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello all

Fellow southerner here.

Isn't it great how the sun shines for 2 days in a row and positivity shines with it. I've already been for 2 really nice long walks. Looking forward to the weather getting warmer, so that I can enjoy the outdoors while burning calories.

I lost a pound yesterday (after a trip to Belfast last weekend, with a relaxed attitude to booze and food). So I'm already feeling good for the rest of March. :smile:

Hope everyone meets the goals they've set themselves. I think its going to be a good month.
  • iamdefyinggravity
    Options
    Hello! Newbie here :) Been using MFP app for quite some time now but I only just started posting in the forum. How is everyone this March? I agree with people saying that February just passed by. But for what it's worth, it's a good thing to me because I didn't realize that I've been on my diet for 23 days. It's amazing to realize that I've lasted that long. :) (And a big thank you to Tesco 2 for 3 Chicken Breasts. LOL)
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    aaarrrggghhh weigh in day tomorrow - not looking forward to it :(
  • caitlinsmum
    caitlinsmum Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    aaarrrggghhh weigh in day tomorrow - not looking forward to it :(

((Hugs)) I know the feeling :blushing:
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Isn't it great how the sun shines for 2 days in a row and positivity shines with it. I've already been for 2 really nice long walks. Looking forward to the weather getting warmer, so that I can enjoy the outdoors while burning calories.

The weather has been my single best motivator to date. I really enjoy the walks. Got a nice App on my iPhone to track the walks and it's great fun competing against myself (seriously, 3 months ago I would be laughing in your face if you'd say something like this to me).

I'm going to buy new scales today, proper ones. I'm looking forward to it, lol, how sad!
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    team uk??? I want to be in team uk!!!

Ok ...March is the best month of the year!!! Its my birthday on 24th YEAY!!!

Jan and Feb have been a bit annoying...Ive lost and gained the same 3 lbs about 5 times : (

so, yesterday I re-evaluated my profile. I changed my cals to change to losing 1lb per week. I have lost 128 and have another 14 to go...so I'm going to try to go at a slower pace for this last stone. (YES!! uk people know what a stone is!!)

I go to the gym a lot...I think this may be why im not losing, people keep saying that i seem to have gone down a lot in the last 2 months...but this must be toning, because my wieght is the same as it was pre-christmas. Which Im quite happy with! I feel ok. If I lost 4lb in March I will be happy : )

If you want to be my friend I will be happy to infiltrate your newsfeed with lots of encouragement and smiley faces : )

Sam : D

I weigh in on mondays!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the lovely new faces. :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Just weighed again this morning (thinking yesterdays scores on the doors were a bit "mean" for all the training I had done... a smidgeon below maintenance??!! :noway: ).

Thinking I was doomed to be pre-menstrual forever, I weighed this morning after late arrival of TOTM, and actually down 0.6lb from last week's 145 to 144.4, so just over half a pound. Together with the extra inch off my waist I'll take it.

Fingers crossed for jolly good weigh-ins allround. :drinker:
  • smileylittleorange
    Options
    HI Team!

Have lost 4lbs this week am very happy because for about 3 months have been stuck around 14st and the scales would not budge to go under !! Was super depressed as well over the last two weeks to put some on at time off month and get serious carb cravings so its all good for me - next challenge is to increase my exercise for next week !
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    Aaaggghh my Zumba instructor changed the routine!! Just when I thought I'd got my head round it!!
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Aaaggghh my Zumba instructor changed the routine!! Just when I thought I'd got my head round it!!

lol. first time i was at zumba my legs were everywhere...ha! I figured that as long as i was moving i was doing ok : )
  • chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    HI Team!

Have lost 4lbs this week am very happy because for about 3 months have been stuck around 14st and the scales would not budge to go under !! Was super depressed as well over the last two weeks to put some on at time off month and get serious carb cravings so its all good for me - next challenge is to increase my exercise for next week !

Well done!! xx
  • chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    I'm meant to be starting zumba class this week - I'm a bit scared what to expect :S and what do i wear?!? ahhhh
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    well done on weight losses :)

still nervous about tomorrow :ohwell:

To Zumba Id wear either leggings and a tank top or or baggy t**** whichever you feel more comfortable in - be prepared to get hot and sticky and burn some calories :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I'm meant to be starting zumba class this week - I'm a bit scared what to expect :S and what do i wear?!? ahhhh

dont be! ive been going for over 10 months and am addicted! love it! you wil have sooo much fun you wont even realise how quickly the hour goes and that you are actually exercising! i average about 500 cals a class too!

i wear joggingbottoms and a vest top, some people wear leggings. have fun
  • smileylittleorange
    Options
    team uk??? I want to be in team uk!!!

Ok ...March is the best month of the year!!! Its my birthday on 24th YEAY!!!

Jan and Feb have been a bit annoying...Ive lost and gained the same 3 lbs about 5 times : (

so, yesterday I re-evaluated my profile. I changed my cals to change to losing 1lb per week. I have lost 128 and have another 14 to go...so I'm going to try to go at a slower pace for this last stone. (YES!! uk people know what a stone is!!)

I go to the gym a lot...I think this may be why im not losing, people keep saying that i seem to have gone down a lot in the last 2 months...but this must be toning, because my wieght is the same as it was pre-christmas. Which Im quite happy with! I feel ok. If I lost 4lb in March I will be happy : )

If you want to be my friend I will be happy to infiltrate your newsfeed with lots of encouragement and smiley faces : )

Sam : D

I weigh in on mondays!

Wow you have done amazingly well!!! Fabbbo you!!
  • Rhian_81
    Rhian_81 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Lost another pound this morning on the scales, so am very pleased. I really feel so, so motivated.

Congrats, its a good feeling.

I don't yet have that, my clothes aren't fitting properly yet. I am up to the last hole on my belt, so I guess its just a matter of time. I'll just get a couple of cheap items to tide me over until I can afford to splurge. :smile:
  • turpz
    turpz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Another UKer here - first post on MFP :) (though already recognise a name in lrns88 - I'm on Cosmo too)

Never really done the weightloss thing before so MFP is making it all a bit more simple. Been exercising regularly for about 18 months after years of being a couch potato lol, and whilst I'm loving the training I'm doing, it's not done much to shift the muffintop!

So "diet" it is! Hopefully March will be the month I see a bit of a visible difference :)
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Another UKer here - first post on MFP :) (though already recognise a name in lrns88 - I'm on Cosmo too)

Never really done the weightloss thing before so MFP is making it all a bit more simple. Been exercising regularly for about 18 months after years of being a couch potato lol, and whilst I'm loving the training I'm doing, it's not done much to shift the muffintop!

So "diet" it is! Hopefully March will be the month I see a bit of a visible difference :)

Good luck hun - love meeting cosmo girlies on here too :)
    xxx