WHO'S with me!? new challenge...

Options
In response to the pushup post earlier...

I propose everyone who is interested to do ten pushups before they go to sleep and ten in the morning. Every morning, every night.

If this means two sets of five, five sets of two, or even ten sets of one, get it done. In one week, you will have done 140 more pushups than before. That makes a HUGE difference!! It will also put you in the health-mentality for your day and keep you from snacking at night if you know those pushups are calling...

WHO's WITH ME?? let's try it!

Replies

• mlck2323
    mlck2323 Posts: 87
    Options

I propose everyone who is interested to do ten pushups before they go to sleep and ten in the morning. Every morning, every night.

If this means two sets of five, five sets of two, or even ten sets of one, get it done. In one week, you will have done 140 more pushups than before. That makes a HUGE difference!! It will also put you in the health-mentality for your day and keep you from snacking at night if you know those pushups are calling...

• overthehillsandfaraway
    Options

It's on like Donkey Kong! Or at least on this side of the fence. :drinker:
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I'm in
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun and the cool thing is once you down on the floor it motivates you to do other things like a few crunches or whatever you desire! :happy: I'm in!
    Kel~:flowerforyou:
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    did mine already. Good night folks.
  • Johnsr1971
    Johnsr1971 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm up for it, sounds like a plan.
  • clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options

I'm all for it, but can I do "girl" push-ups?
    Claire
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm in!
  • mlck2323
    mlck2323 Posts: 87
    Options

As for the girl pushups.... try least a couple real ones after your ten girl--its the only way we will get strong enough to some day do lots of real pushups our your new rockin bods!!

I'm all for it, but can I do "girl" push-ups?
    Claire
  • erussell
    erussell Posts: 48
    Options
    OK I am in! Will do my morning 10 now (or maybe 5 then 5 later :)
  • paris88
    paris88 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'll take that challenge with y'all :happy:
  • divalovesyou1
    Options
    I'm up for the Challenge!! :happy:

70715.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bonita87
    bonita87 Posts: 50
    Options
    im in im in
  • kelrcasey
    kelrcasey Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I just started back doing push ups yesterday. I did 6 real pushups (not very good) and 15 girl push ups. And I want to start doing them but just don't make myself. I had to take a test that involved push ups 2 years ago. I got a Coke (or Pepsi or whatever) can and put it on the floor. I then make myself lower down until my chest hits the can. That is how I kept training. Eventually, I could do 16 pushups in 22 seconds down to the can. Now, I can only do 6 and they aren't even close to touching the can. :happy: So, this challenge is perfect. Should we keep track starting now of how many we can do and then keep updating our progress???

Thanks for the idea!!!

01 July 08
    Real pushups: 6 sad pushups
    Girly: 15
  • bbright53
    bbright53 Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm in :happy:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I will try this one. But hey I need alot kickin sometimes challenges are not my strong point.
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wooooo Hoooooo!!!!!

I saw the challenge ...... took it ........ got down on the floor and pushed up 10 of them (kinda)!!!!!!

I must admit ...... push up #7 was shaky ...... #8 was even worse ...... #9 was veeeeerrrrrry sloooooow coming up ........ #10 ....... well, um ....... my knees went down and ended up being a half girly push up. :ohwell:

I like the idea of having a soda can as a goal to touch with your chest ...... I did notice that I wasn't going down as far as I probably should.

Thanks for the challenge!!!! :tongue:
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    I want to join but l cant do push ups:cry: can l do sit ups instead:ohwell:
  • Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    sounds like a plan!!...I am in for sure!! starting.............now!!