Healthy Detox Challenge - NO FASTING

Options

Replies

• jennyab
    jennyab Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi MochaMixAZ, this sounds fantastic and just what I need, I'm wondering if it is too late being that it starts tomorrow? If not I would LOVE to participate!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Good Evening, Everyone!

We are READY TO BEGIN! I can't wait!!!!!!!

I just got back from my market and restocked my cabinets and 'frig with all the stuff I'll need to get me through the next few days. How are you all doing with your preparations? And tonight's dinner is my preservative sendoff (a frozen pizza!) and a double glass of wine.

We've added one more brave soul to our Challenge: Welcome jennyab!

- Make sure you take a moment and unlock your diaries (or provide the key) so we can all review, starting tomorrow
    - READ, READ, READ your labels
    - Post at least twice a week - let us know how you're doing and check back often to provide support and encouragement to others

I can't wait to get started!! Talk to everyone tomorrow!
    D.
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Ok, I must confess I have a party on saturday! So I will keep on track with the food but maybe I will drink some "healthy" alcohol drinks like wine and 1 beer. I'm a registered dietitian and I think those are the better choices. I won't exceed the limit, just 1 or 2 drinks...after that I will stay on track, I swear!:drinker:

LOL. I hear you. I'm glad it's early in the detox. You still have to live, right? LOL

I was lucky enough to be able to enlist my boyfriend to participate with me. It helps that I'm the cook in the house. :-D
  • jennyab
    Options
    I am so excited! I'm grocery shopping tomorrow morning for just a couple more things. I think the worst part will be no diet soda, I love the stuff too much, but it is time to quit. Anyway, super excited we are all doing this together, thanks for letting me join last minute!
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    OK, question 1: can we use stevia as an alternative sweetener, the natural one?....question 2: protein powder, without artificial colors and sweeteners, can we use them?
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I am excited but worried I will let you all down with my non-dairy creamer and wine. :embarassed: I always stock fresh stuff so I am ready....
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    Sorry all, I decided I can't commit to this group right now. Good luck to all of you!!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Please forgive me but I dont think I can do tis now. I am so sorry,please don't bash my commitment when I am gone....Good luck!
  • jillbarnes
    Options
    If this challenge only started on Tuesday! I'm currently out of town and know I would not be successful until home. Especially since I'm going to a dieter's nightmare on Saturday (a local fair...full of fried food), while I can resist most foods I will be nibbling on a few things. I might check in and if I'm still feeling up for the challenge, start late? Good luck everyone!
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Almond milk?

You'll have to check the ingredients. Unfortunately the ones I looked at have a LOT of addititives, can be high in sugar, and frequently contains unnatural flavorings. Check the ingredient list to help you decide.
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    OK, question 1: can we use stevia as an alternative sweetener, the natural one?....question 2: protein powder, without artificial colors and sweeteners, can we use them?

Yes and Yes.

You do want to look at the brand of stevia and make sure it's the pure or raw stevia. Unfortunately, some contain fillers.

And you're right on track with the protein powder, as long as you check the label.
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    No problem, partcho and hippiechik! No worries at all. The detox isn't for everyone, and it is important to pick a good time to do it.

I appreciate letting us know!

JillBarnes, you're welcome to join. Today, Friday, is officially day one - so if you join up with us Sunday, you may just be a day or 2 behind in the craving cycle. But yes, please join us!!!
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Good Morning and welcome to Day One!!

Our final list of participants is as follows:

CarlitaK
    nutrigaby
    SlimNana48
    jennyab
    MochaMixAZ
    jillbarnes

WELCOME to everyone and GOOD LUCK! You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!
    D.
  • jennyab
    Options
    so far, so good. I do miss my diet soda though!
  • CarlitaK
    CarlitaK Posts: 139
    Options
    So far I think i'm doing quite well... although I think i would kill for a bagel or some type of wheat product! hahaha

We can do it!

It is hard to start on a Friday.. normally I let myself have some wine on the weekends... oh well, two weeks really isn't that long!
  • gnutrifitness
    Options
    Ok, so I was doing it perfect today, until late afternoon, my brother snack on some ice cream and I ate about 3tbsp :sad: , I'm so weak...I'll try to do it better tomorrow girls....the rest was fine!
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options
    Wow, it's tough, huh?! So many things I'm missing today: A bagel, my creamer, GUM, Sprite 0. Woe is me. :sad:
    BUT it's going to be worth it!!

It sounds like you guys are doing GREAT (we'll just look past the 3 Tbsp of ice cream... but what kind was it?!?! Let me live through you!)

I'm a bit worried about tomorrow. My boyfriend and I are loading up our pups and heading out on a Jeep trip. I'm looking forward to it, but the trip is usually packed with pretzels, hummus, crackers, cheeses, sandwich meat, hamburgers, cookies.... and then we stop for lunch. LOL Not this time, though - it's going to be BRU-TAL.

My plan to survive is as follows: Venti iced coffee with stevia and milk from Starbucks, oatmeal and blueberries that I'll prepare before we go, some fresh fruit (whatever looks good at the market), and buckets of water. And then I'll stare evilly at the BF while he eats all the stuff I REALLY want to be eating. Although he is supportive and willing to eat what I cook, on the road it's a whole 'nother deal. YIKES!

But, as CarlitaK posted, it's only 14 days! Technically 13 more. I can do this!! It's why we're doing the challenge - to get us past these cravings! Keep it going, Ladies!
  • gnutrifitness
    Options
    Finally I think I didn't do it so bad, I ate too much fat, good fat (nuts) but I have to work on that!....About the splenda I didn't have it, it was just that I added the items from the "Remember meal", from yesterday and there was splenda on that, I forgot to erase it today...:grumble: , I will try to do it better tomorrow...:flowerforyou:
  • CarlitaK
    CarlitaK Posts: 139
    Options
    Good work Gaby!

I unfortunately let myself down and decided to splurge on some wine... been a long week and I really wanted it! I got organic though... eeek!

I'll do better tomorrow... i'm very proud of my food choices though! so many fruits and veggies! super yummy!
  • SlimNana48
    Options
    I made to through the 1st day. :bigsmile: I didn't log in twice today because I was very busy at work so I'm doing a night check in. I hope everyone had a good day & made it through with me. Tomorrow I’ll get a chance to go grocery shopping & purchase some other items for me to survive on. I don’t really know how I made it but I did.

This is just the prelude to my Fasting I have to go through during Lent. My Pastor usually calls for the Daniel Fast & sometimes it’s a complete fast & other times he allows us to eat certain foods just no red meat & I usually add no sweets.

So thank you for starting this blog I love it & all your support. :flowerforyou: