Replies

• sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Keep up the good work!
  • chicalatte
    chicalatte Posts: 174
    Options
    I see a lot of result posts about P90x, how much is it?
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Around $120 if you buy it from Beach body (they let you make payments though). Or check out Craigslist, you can find it for much cheaper. Just make sure to get the real program and not a bootleg copy, you need the nutrition and fitness guides.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Around $120 if you buy it from Beach body (they let you make payments though). Or check out Craigslist, you can find it for much cheaper. Just make sure to get the real program and not a bootleg copy, you need the nutrition and fitness guides.

I was gonna say the same thing. I got mine on Craigslist for $75 from someone who didn't even open it yet. Check there and ebay but make sure it's legit like ladybug said.
  • mrniceguy84
    mrniceguy84 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey mistymtnman...awesome results...hot body..im sure even hotter in 30 more days...now i have a question before i buy it...it says u need pull up bar? i have nowhere to put one...is there a way to improvise or can we do without it and get same results??
  • chicalatte
    chicalatte Posts: 174
    Options
    That's not bad.

Whats the program like?
  • MistyMtnMan
    Options
    Hey mistymtnman...awesome results...hot body..im sure even hotter in 30 more days...now i have a question before i buy it...it says u need pull up bar? i have nowhere to put one...is there a way to improvise or can we do without it and get same results??

Hey thanks, I actually had the same issue with no where to put a pullup bar. I don't know what your situation is but I attached some 2x4's the the beams in my basement ceiling as kind of a makeshift frame for the Iron Gym. You could also do something like this:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/0545.gif

http://www.mixedfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/pull-up-bar.jpg

or get like a wall attachment pull up bar. Check craigslist and ebay. I used the bands for a while though cause pullups are not my thing haha.
  • MistyMtnMan
    Options
    That's not bad.

Whats the program like?

It's a 6 day a week intense workout program for about an hour a day. A lot of body resistance like pull ups, push ups and squats as well as cardio. There's also yoga and Kenpo which is sort of like a kickboxing class. The days sort of break down like this:

Mon Wed Fri are the more weight training, muscle group days.
    Tues Thurs Sat are more cardio based like plyometrics, yoga and kenpo.
    Sun rest or stretch

There's 3 weeks of that and a recovery week which is still hard but no major muscle group workouts. There's constant changing which gives you great results. It's 3 solid months of this. There ya go.
  • mrniceguy84
    Options

Hey thanks, I actually had the same issue with no where to put a pullup bar. I don't know what your situation is but I attached some 2x4's the the beams in my basement ceiling as kind of a makeshift frame for the Iron Gym. You could also do something like this:

or get like a wall attachment pull up bar. Check craigslist and ebay. I used the bands for a while though cause pullups are not my thing haha.

Hey im so not into manual labor like that..lmao! I would never get that put up...so what do I do in ur opinion??
  • Lttlbird
    Lttlbird Posts: 51
    Options
    Very noticeable change! Keep up the hard work!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Very Nice! Well done - we need more topless male pics - can you guys get crackin' on the P90X? :wink:
  • MistyMtnMan
    Options

Hey im so not into manual labor like that..lmao! I would never get that put up...so what do I do in ur opinion??

Hahaha oh geez. well I would recommend getting a ggod set of resistance bands. You can find them on ebay cheap and it is A LOT easier to start that way trust me. You can hook them onto something in the ceiling, wrap it around something or they should come with an attachment to shut it in a door. It simulates the pull up motion well and it's an option in P90X.
  • mrniceguy84
    Options
    thanks sexy
  • kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    Options
    Amazing results. Congrats!

I'm seriously inspired by you pushing through a one month plateau. That's some hard core dedication. I've been trying not to get down over a two week+ plateau, so I really needed to see this. Thanks so much for posting.
  • MistyMtnMan
    Options
    Amazing results. Congrats!

I'm seriously inspired by you pushing through a one month plateau. That's some hard core dedication. I've been trying not to get down over a two week+ plateau, so I really needed to see this. Thanks so much for posting.

Wow thanks a lot, it feels great to help someone else through a tough spot. Once I started this I dropped weight soon after. I just had to tweek my diet a bit and things took off again. Hang in there and keep truckin :)
  • shutterbug_bz
    Options
    Wow! Great results...good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!