I need a womans advice/suggestions...

Options

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Have her stay home and make you a bunch of sandwiches for the trip.

great minds think alike..LOL
    seriosuly though, plan the trip..you have NO idea when she will get pg..if she is 6 mnth, it will be fine
    2 kiddies here and NO m/s..was fine and comfy until about 8 mnths
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    you've seen them 20x.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    My wife was 8 1/2 months pregnant with Holland, when we went to see Sammy Hagar. No problem. It even helped to sneak a Fifth of JD in. Taped to the underside of her big belly. Don't worry....It was for me.
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    you've seen them 20x.
    and I'd gladly see them 20 more! They are amazing. My wife likes them too, the amount of times i've seen them is not the issue, lol.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I Went to see Kid Rock for the 3rd time when I was 9 Months preggers. Doc said it was fine. I've seen him 8 times now!!

If she's interested she should at least get the ticket. If she's not well enough to go when the time comes around I'm sure you can find someone to buy her ticket.
  • 311Phil
    Options
    I Went to see Kid Rock for the 3rd time when I was 9 Months preggers. Doc said it was fine. I've seen him 8 times now!!

If she's interested she should at least get the ticket. If she's not well enough to go when the time comes around I'm sure you can find someone to buy her ticket.

Yeah, Im going to bring up this idea tonight. I can't not plan this trip when we don't even know if she is pregnant. IF she winds up pregnant, and doesn't want to go, Im sure i can find someone to take the tickets. Ideally I'd still like to go, but if not, thats the sacrifice i'll have to make at that time....not now.
  • nvonschummer
    nvonschummer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a friend that was at least that prego and she drove us to a reggae show and her little man is now an amazing drummer... so... As long as you try to make her comfie along the trip - spoil her and tell people how awesome/dead sexy she is and don't' get too **** canned - you can prove to her that you all can enjoy music semi-responsibly and still live life. IMO, I wouldn't deprive your (future) children of music, just because you think you have to act a certain way. The people that have the worst kids are usually in the overly "normal" family... I say if she's up to it - make it work! :) It will be a wonderful experience for you both to go through, as long as your committed to making it work like a team. If she's not, I'm sure you can sell the ticket day of show or go with a friend.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I went camping with my family that included my two other children 10 year old son and three year old daughter, when I was pregnant with the baby that I'm holding sleeping in my arms right now (he's seven months). I was around six months pregnant.
    As long as she's not the melodramatic "I'm a Faberge egg because I am pregnant" type of woman you should be chill.
    And trust me, it is like Bridezillas. Some women go all freaking drama queen from hell when they're pregnant and think the world revolves around them.
    I used to belong to forums with pregnant people...*shudders remembering*...
  • 311Phil
    Options
    thanks everyone :D
  • OneLostSock
    Options
    Hope you have a great time!! :wink:
  • 311Phil
    Options
    Hope you have a great time!! :wink:
    Hope to make it! :)
  • kbray003
    kbray003 Posts: 52
    Options
    I went to a music festival that involved camping for 3 days. I was young, in shape, healthy, and NOT pregnent. It was extremely difficult for me with all the walking we had to do, the heat, the smoke and exhaust from people who had RV's, the atmosphere was fun but intense and therefore a little stressful. Why in the world would you want to subject your wife to that when she is several months pregnant? If she's fine with it, great!!!! But who's to say that she doesn't get there, realize it's a bad idea, and then the weekend is ruined for you because of her, and the weekend is ruined for her because it would be difficult for you to understand what whe's going through.

What's wrong with planning it with some guys or just by yourself? You two can work it out, but I would say no just based upon my previous experiences. Good luck!!!
  • 311Phil
    Options
    If she's fine with it, great!!!! But who's to say that she doesn't get there, realize it's a bad idea, and then the weekend is ruined for you because of her, and the weekend is ruined for her because it would be difficult for you to understand what whe's going through.

What's wrong with planning it with some guys or just by yourself? You two can work it out, but I would say no just based upon my previous experiences. Good luck!!!
    I don't want to "put her through it" obviously i don't want her to go if she doesn't want to, and i could most defnitely go with a friend, but i have a feeling she won't want me to go if she can't....
  • emptysgirl
    emptysgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think it is great that you are being thoughtful enough to look into the pros and cons of a trip like this, especially since you don't know if she is pregnant or not. That said, I am sure that you realize that ultimately it is up to both you and your wife - every woman, and therefore pregnancy, is different. As a general rule, most women only have morning sickness the first 3 months, and the second trimester is the best (feeling good, lots of energy etc), but I know of women who were sick thru their entire pregnancies. It is fine to travel during your pregnancy up to the last month or so. Of course, if you get the tickets and do plan to drive down keep in mind, while planning that you will HAVE to make frequent stops - EVERY 2 HOURS so that your wonderful wife will be able to get out, go to the bathroom and walk for at least 15 minutes. My husband and I made a road trip when I was about 6 1/2 months pregnant with my first (of 5 boys) and I did fine as long as we made those stops! Talk it through with your wife and have a blast if you guys decide to go for it!!! As for ordering the tickets .... the worst that will happen is that you won't be able to use them - the best is that you will both go and have the time of your life!!
  • 311Phil
    Options
    I think it is great that you are being thoughtful enough to look into the pros and cons of a trip like this, especially since you don't know if she is pregnant or not. That said, I am sure that you realize that ultimately it is up to both you and your wife - every woman, and therefore pregnancy, is different. As a general rule, most women only have morning sickness the first 3 months, and the second trimester is the best (feeling good, lots of energy etc), but I know of women who were sick thru their entire pregnancies. It is fine to travel during your pregnancy up to the last month or so. Of course, if you get the tickets and do plan to drive down keep in mind, while planning that you will HAVE to make frequent stops - EVERY 2 HOURS so that your wonderful wife will be able to get out, go to the bathroom and walk for at least 15 minutes. My husband and I made a road trip when I was about 6 1/2 months pregnant with my first (of 5 boys) and I did fine as long as we made those stops! Talk it through with your wife and have a blast if you guys decide to go for it!!! As for ordering the tickets .... the worst that will happen is that you won't be able to use them - the best is that you will both go and have the time of your life!!

Thanks!
  • wanderlusty
    Options
    I would say, get the tickets and if she is pregnant and doesn't feel like going, get another friend to go with you. You don't always have to do everything together right?
  • sylvia1970
    sylvia1970 Posts: 134
    Options
    IFS and BUTS.

Buy the tickets

If she's pregnant and not feeling up to it, you take ya mates and she can have a pampering time with the girlies; being pregnant, she will appreciate it.

Alls well that ends well

Good luck with the trying :wink:
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, she would be fine to go at 6 months. For most, MOST, women, the morning sickness has passed by then, and without getting all mama lingo on you, she should be feeling her most energetic (pregnancy energy-wise speaking) during months 4-7. Personally, I spent the weekend before I had my daughter chopping down the most ridiculous bushes in our front yard, that I decided had to go, right then. I would be fine for my husband to go, and I don't think you're being selfish at all.

I say - BUY THE TICKETS. She'd expect the same from you, if it were the other way around.

Just my opinion though Enjoy it if you go, don't mope if you don't. :wink: