The Zumba Crew - March

Options
2»

Replies

• freshstartforme
    Options
    Hi. I just bought the Zumba for the kinect . Today will be my first day. I sure hope it works.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in with everyone in the Zumba crew to see how you are doing this week. I am exhausated from doing zumba for 6 days last week, so I treated myself with a strawberry shortcake last night :)
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ME SOME ZUMBBAAA!!!!!
    I go with two of my friends and one just had a baby.
    My tummy is getting smaller and man am i learning some moves!!! ;]
    I do zumba monday tuesday thursday saturday and bootcamp on sunday.
    Bootcamp is just toning. Reverse sit ups lunges etc. and my instructor can definitely work out those thighs!!!
    I'm recruiting eevverrryyyonnee to zumba!

Happy zumba-ing this month everyone!
  • three36love
    three36love Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm also addicted to Zumba! I go 4 times a week and I wish I could do more than that. My instructor is going to start having a "Zumba toning" class too, where we use weights and I'm psyched about this. Has anyone else tried zumba toning?
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    Hello everyone!!
    I LOVE Zumba!!!!!!!!
    I take a class 3x's / wk but find myself wanting more......

Can anyone help me....I am hoping to find DVD's to do at home
    any suggestions as to where I can buy these at???
    Also, I am looking for an HRM; I'd like to be able to see heart rate, calories burned
    & when running, miles & time ....any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance!!

Zumba.com is where you can find the DVD's, but they are bringing out new ones shortly, that will be vastly improved production wise from the previous set! I've already pre-ordered mine, and I'm an instructor! LOL!
  • saeverman
    saeverman Posts: 88
    Options
    I want to try Zumba, but am not coordinated and can't dance. Do you think I would still be able to get a good workout?
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!
    I LOVE Zumba!!!!!!!!
    I take a class 3x's / wk but find myself wanting more......

Can anyone help me....I am hoping to find DVD's to do at home
    any suggestions as to where I can buy these at???
    Also, I am looking for an HRM; I'd like to be able to see heart rate, calories burned
    & when running, miles & time ....any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance!!

You can find DVD sets on amazon and ebay too. But I too would wait for the new ones to come out. I'm sure the improvements will be great!
    I have a Garmin FR60 and Love it! It does everything you want it to and it will connect to the computer and log all your exercises and miles run. I think (I'm not a runner) it also maps where you go via gps.
  • kcurtis05
    Options
    I want to try Zumba, but am not coordinated and can't dance. Do you think I would still be able to get a good workout?

It's not about the moves it about moving! So as long as you keep moving and having fun, you will be great! Think "dance party!"
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    To give you an idea of what's coming on the new DVD set...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS_g0-QWeek
  • kcurtis05
    Options
    To give you an idea of what's coming on the new DVD set...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS_g0-QWeek

Thank you! That was a great teaser!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    That new Zumba set looks awesome.....I"m tired just from watching the advert damn.....didnt think his DVDs could get better..
  • Doggiemomerin
    Doggiemomerin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I am doing the Curves Circuit with Zumba, and recently started going to a regular Zumba class. I love them both!

I have a song question. There is a really fast song that starts with a busy signal then a "hey" I think it might be spanish and I can't remember if there are any lyrics because I am so into what I'm doing, but I want it for my regular Curves workout. Anyone know what it is?

Thanks!
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello again!

I was able to attend a Zumba class and loved it!

My only problem is that I have a bad knee (work injury) and I was in so much pain afterwards. So, I will probably only be going to Zumba about once per month. I don't want my sore knee to prevent me from completing my regular workout. I am hoping that as I lose weight, my knee will feel better. I love dancing!!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I LOVE zumba too! I have only been to a few classes that are lead by a zumba instructor but I do have the Wii Fit Zumba game at home and I LOVE IT! I burned 755 calories yesterday doing 43 minutes of Zumba on my Wii ! I still have a little bit of trouble getting the moves down right (I am learning how to move my hips, lol), but I still really enjoy it and am a HUGE fan of Zumba!

I have even considered becoming a Zumba instructor myself sometime down the road (if that tell you anything about how much I enjoy it!), :wink:
  • Rocktobermom
    Options
    I am about to purchase the DVD's!! I have several girlfriends that are going to be coming to the house and Zumba'ing with me, so we can help and support each other. 3 of us just had babies at the beginning of this month (march) so we are excited!!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

It's not about the moves it about moving! So as long as you keep moving and having fun, you will be great! Think "dance party!"

This is me in Zumba class: tumblr_lx1o72c5tA1qclshp.gif
    Aside from also being highly uncoordinated and being unable to dance , I also stick out for being a 6'3 male in a class full of women. I don't care though. I been going for over a year now and it's easy on my bad right ankle so I keep going.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I started going January 2nd and averaged 4-5 classes a week with 3 different instructors. I was doing pay as you go and it was costing me a small fortune. I joined the YMCA March 1st and take classes there. Right now, I can only do Zumba once a week but I do get plenty of exercise doing all the other classes. I've heard they are adding more Zumba classes that I could go to so I'm happy. It is a lot of fun. The class I go to now, has rotating instructors so you never know what to expect in terms of intensity. This past Saturday we had an instructor from another Y I think and she was intense. I loved her. I do have to be careful with me knees though so I try to modify any steps that aggravate them.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Just started Zumba classes about 3 weeks ago and really enjoy it! Much more of a workout then I ever expected. I go twice a week and run a couple days.

I use this calculator to figure out my calories and manually put it in MFP: http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned