What Type of Peanut Butter do you eat???

Options

Replies

• heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i eat the skippy natural too. even though the calories are the same, it has no hydrogenated oil in it so it's got to better for ya.
  • paulmmichaud
    paulmmichaud Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I use a gluten free peanut butter "Better'n Peanut Butter." I get the low sodium kind. 100 calories and 95 sodium for 2 tablespoons!

Where do I find this and is this one that needs to be stirred? I was raised on no stirring, so I kinda wanna keep it that way..lazy I suppose :)
  • FitBride080611
    FitBride080611 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Andfor everyone going with skippy natural (or any pb for that matter) check the label!! If you see HYDROGENATED, or partially hydrogenated anything....that's trans fat. The reason theres no value for trans fats on the label is because for 1 serving, theres an insufficient amount of trans fat. But say you have more than one serving, then your amount of trans fats you're eating just started to add up. And for anyone that's un familiar with the basics of fats...heres a crash course

Good fat= mono and poly unsaturated (found primariliy in fatty fish like salmon, herring, olive oils, egg yolk etc
    Bad fat= saturated fat (solids so think the visible white fat on meats, butter, creams, animal source fats
    The most evil fat in the world= trans fats, found in HYDROGENATED ingredient packed foods such as margerines, bakery items like donuts, pastries, cake mixes, deep fat fried foods

Why good and bad you ask? Good is heart healthy bc it takes the cholesterol away from the arteries and helps increase your HDL cholesterol (good kind)

Bad is because it increases the plaque build up along the insides of arteries (which may lead to heart attack or stroke), increases high blood pressure because if the arteries are constricted bc their diameter just got smaller, the pressure it takes to get the blood around the body at the same rate, has to go up...

TRANS FATS....the make the good cholesterol go down, and increase the bad...so it's a double whammy!

Sorry for the lesson on fats, but if theres anything you read off a products ingredients list, check to be sure theres no hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated ANYTHING!
  • lisapisa1
    lisapisa1 Posts: 115
    Options
    teddie makes an unsalted peanut butter
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Smuckers natural creamy in the glass jar.

I don't want to eat peanut butter with added sugars, but is there any "pure" peanut butter out there with no added salt?

Crazy Richards. Its only ingredient is peanuts. They sell it at Harris Teeter and they sell it online also.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    Jif, extra crunchy
  • alreka2054
    alreka2054 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found Skippy Natural. It tastes JUST like reg skippy, but the ingredients are the same as the smuckers natural. SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!
  • kimmiehale
    Options
    I eat Almond butter....I do not get indigestion when I eat it....I get indigestion sometimes form peanut butter!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    crazy richards
  • prot11
    prot11 Posts: 15
    Options
    no name organic (superstore brand) The only ingredient is peanuts and it's only like 4$ or something for a jar that lasts me months.
    I too like how the only ingredient is peanuts! (I don't like how it separates, but oh well.)
  • jleshko
    jleshko Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies... always looking for new brands to try!!!
  • jleshko
    jleshko Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies... always looking for new brands to try!!!
  • joshiesdad
    Options
    Crazy Richards. Love the Chunky and no Sodium.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I like Nature's Promise Organic Natural peanut butter. I buy the creamy, sodium-free variety. Peanuts are the only ingredient. I stir mine up really well the first time I use a new jar and then store it in the fridge. Keeps it together a bit better.
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Jiffy extra chunky! Mmmmmmm I want a PB&J sandwich now! Thanks for the lunch idea! =P
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Jiff all natural creamy. It is low sodium and yummy. I really don't like the texture of most of the all naturals I've found, and I don't have peanut butter very often so I stick with this one.
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    Natural skippy creamy.
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I use great value from walmart natural peanut butter. It has the least calories of all on the shelf and it taste GREAT!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I use a gluten free peanut butter "Better'n Peanut Butter." I get the low sodium kind. 100 calories and 95 sodium for 2 tablespoons!

Peanut butter has gluten? I'm fairly new to eating gluten free (when I'm not in denial about it) but I eat Peanut butter, and just this morning I ate breakfast which included a little bit of PB and had discomfort and couldn't figure out for the life of me why. Must be the PB?
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    jiff extra crunchy!!