What Type of Peanut Butter do you eat???

Options

Replies

• eleonoreOU
    eleonoreOU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Look up P2B.
    It's Powdered Peanut Butter so it doesnt have any fat.
    You mix it with a little water and there you have your peanut butter....

It sounds weird but honestly I totally loved it and anyone who has tried it is hooked.
    Instead of having 180 calories for regular peanut butter (for 2 tablespoons), it's 45...but without fat and about the same amount of protein.

So there you go....My PB&J sandwich I eat in the morning is....... 145 calories, 29g carbs, 3g of fat, and 10g of protein.

TOTALLY WORTH IT!!
  • Ninerz113
    Ninerz113 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I buy Jiffy Natural for my fiance and I'll eat that most of the time too. But my sister makes the BEST natural peanut butter that's purely peanuts so I eat that when she gives me some. I also really love the Blue Diamond almond butter (even though that's not part of this thread)
  • PinkTaurus
    PinkTaurus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jif Natural Creamy. <3

Ingredients: Made from peanuts, sugar, palm oil, contains 2% or less of: salt, molasses.

No Trans Fat but has 3 sat fat for 2 tbsp
  • toloseme
    toloseme Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't eat peanut butter, I eat SunButter Natural because we have peanut allergies in our house. Unfortunately it is high in fat and calories so I don't eat it very often. A 2TBSP serving has 200 calories and 16g of fat. I will admit however that I usually only use 1TBSP and that is more than enough for me. LOL
  • simplywriting
    Options
    I use Smart Balance Peanut Butter. Since nobody else mentioned it, I'm worried... is there something wrong with it? I love how it tastes.
    I tried the ALL natural organic stuff with peanuts as the only ingredient and had to stir it each time I used it, which didn't bother me but unless I was putting it on fruit, it just wasn't the peanut butter I was craving.

Nutrition wise, the Smart Balance boasts no less than 1000mg of Omega-3's per serving (65% DV). The only ingredients are peanuts, flax oil, sodium, and a touch of molasses. The molasses just gives it the slightest sweet taste, all at a moderate 1g of sugar per serving. So I'm assuming its the next best thing next to the stirrable stuff?
    Anyway, I <3 it. Does anyone else use Smart Balance?
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    I eat All Natural Peanut Butter Co. White Chocolate Wonderful when I want a treat.
    Thier Dark Chocolate Dreams flavor is Amazing!!! :bigsmile: :love:
  • ZumbaGirl86
    Options
    Bump!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I do not eat it but we have Smucker's natural. My son LOVES peanut butter so I always have to have it. I've used it a few times and it tastes good but I've never really been a huge peanut butter fan. Except butterfinger!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Jiff Natural. I LOVE peanut butter. I use that every night where I need to do a calorie catch up. It makes me feel like I'm having dessert.
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like "Adam's 100% Natural unsalted" sometimes I like smooth, sometimes crunchy. My husband likes Skippy's Natural crunchy. The stirring is the biggest issue with the Adam's. I've never heard of the powdered PB...That's interesting. It's true that peanut butter is not low calorie. The unsalted Adam's doesn't have anything added, at least. You could go to a Whole Foods type store and make up your own. It would need stirring, and not be lower in calories, but wouldn't have anything added. In case you are unfamiliar with making your own; a special peanut is used for making peanut butter, so if you tried to use some other peanut and make your own at home, it would not taste the same; plus it really takes a special machine (some stores have these, just like you can grind your coffee in the store). THere are some machines for home use, certain juicers, etc., that can be used also, but a blender isn't going to do it!
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I use a gluten free peanut butter "Better'n Peanut Butter." I get the low sodium kind. 100 calories and 95 sodium for 2 tablespoons!

Peanut butter has gluten? I'm fairly new to eating gluten free (when I'm not in denial about it) but I eat Peanut butter, and just this morning I ate breakfast which included a little bit of PB and had discomfort and couldn't figure out for the life of me why. Must be the PB?

Yeah, I wouldn't have thought PB had gluten in it either....
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Love the Naturally More PB... I still have a jar of good ol' Jif that I pass up every time for the Naturally More. It's yummy, not as sweet and has just the right amount of texture for me! The problem is finding it.. only 2 stores here sporadically have it.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I normally almost always go for the crunchy or extra crunchy...then I fell in love with Skippy Natural peanut butter creamy with HONEY...YUM!
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Smuckers natural creamy in the glass jar.

I don't want to eat peanut butter with added sugars, but is there any "pure" peanut butter out there with no added salt?

Smuckers makes a no salt version of their natural peanut butter.

http://www.smuckers.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?groupId=2&categoryId=11&flavorId=68

Ingredients: PEANUTS.
  • ashleyb1031
    ashleyb1031 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Almond butter, its better for you!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Skippy Natural is my favorite
  • h64em
    h64em Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can make your own

500g (1lb) shelled peanuts
    Approx 30ml (2 tablespoons) peanut oil
    Salt (to taste)

Generally speaking you can buy your peanuts already roasted - either salted or unsalted are acceptable for this recipe. However, if you really want to go from first principles, for the ultimate in freshness, you can roast your own. This can be done with the shells on or off - the times given are for peeled peanuts. If roasting with the shell on, add another ten minutes. Just place your peanuts onto a baking tray and roast in a cool oven for 10 - 15 minutes. Once cooled, peel away the shells. Any red skin should be easy to rub off using a clean tea towel.
    Next, grind the nuts up. A blender/food mixer is ideal for doing this. Of course, it depends on whether you are a smooth or crunchy peanut butter person as to just how small you grind the nuts.
    Then simply add the oil a few drops at a time and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture becomes a paste of your preferred consistency. If you are using a blender/food mixer, you can add the oil all at once and whizz for about 15 seconds.
    Add salt to taste, and enjoy!

Warning - This product may contain nuts !!:laugh:
  • mowrynation
    Options
    I like the Natural Peanut Butter, usually organic. Have you tried Almond Butter?? I love it!!!
  • Iris0022
    Iris0022 Posts: 54
    Options
    bump
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Right now we have Jiff natural creamy. I usually get Earth Balance or Smart Balance though because I like the good oils they use to boost my healthy fats.

I've heard PB2 is good. Its crushed peanuts, salt and etc in a packet and you add water to turn into PB. Its low calorie and very low sugar. Supposedly tastes like PB but I haven't tried it.