Dream Wedding?

Options
CalorieNinja
CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
Friends and I were talking about weddings tonight while watching Shedding for the Wedding... So.. what is your dream wedding and for the married people you can join in and let us know if you had your dream wedding or want a redo lol.

I would definitely have a redo :) I want a wedding in the mountains and a very romantic/rustic feel with fall colors and an enormous train oh and must have a full bar LMAO

Thoughts?

Replies

• Belle_Fille
    Belle_Fille Posts: 469
    Options
    ive been with my boyfriend for over 6 years...ive given up on ever being married. needless to say i havent given a "dream wedding" any thoughts at all
  • CalorieNinja
    Options
    ive been with my boyfriend for over 6 years...ive given up on ever being married. needless to say i havent given a "dream wedding" any thoughts at all

Tell him if he likes it he needs to put a ring on it LOL
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    In vegas you can get married by the grim reaper,I wanted to do that soooooo bad on Halloween.But we were broke as hell so it ended up being a JP on valintines day with only my mom and son there
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    haha our wedding was nice. I loved where our reception was (Eberly Farm--since you're from Wichita I'm guessing you'll know it).

I wouldn't really re-do it, but I'd change one or two things. Skip on choosing one of the bridesmaids...probably pick a different dress. I really liked mine-it was gorgeous, but I wish I would have picked a different style but at the time I was too self-conscious and now even though I'm pretty much the same size I just have more appreciation for how I'm shaped. I've got the hour-glass going on but at the time I just saw hips.

There are a few other things...but I can't say I re-do the whole thing maybe have put a little more "us" in it. Overall not completely my dream but not not either if that makes sense lol

O well...lol Maybe in 10 years we'll do a renewal somewhere beachy and exotic-ly gorgeous! Then I'd be in heaven :D
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    In vegas you can get married by the grim reaper,I wanted to do that soooooo bad on Halloween.But we were broke as hell so it ended up being a JP on valintines day with only my mom and son there

i love reading everything u write, u make me laugh every time!!!
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    Yep, definitely want a re-do.

I got stuck in another city for 3 days before the wedding--almost missed my own wedding (flight cancellations). No last fitting of my dress, so it was entirely too long (by a foot!). A lot of things were crazy.

But the main thing that we didn't have was pictures. So we always tease that we'll do wedding pics on our next anniversary. ;)

However, I did marry the man of my dreams. ;) And that's what counts right?
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Can we qualify this and get a wedding w/o the marriage?

I'm kinda' in the same boat and Belle.

Belle - think the dudes would go for that?
  • Belle_Fille
    Options

Tell him if he likes it he needs to put a ring on it LOL
    lol. we talked about it once. his response was "i dont want any regrets". so i backed off and decided to focus on our relationship. because if he fears he will have regrets after 6 years and 2 kids...then there are some issues that need fixed.
  • KrystalLight03
    Options
    My dream has always been to get married in the Jacksonville Jaguars stadium...and yes, my wedding colors would be teal and gold. Lately though I've been fancying the idea of a winter wedding. Granted, I hate winter and all forms of precipitation that come along with it, but there's just something so elegant about a winter wedding. I'm of course going to have to find a groom first. I hear he's a pretty crucial part of the nuptial festivities.
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    I was also married wearing all black,naturally
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I married my best friend! That alone made it my dream wedding :)

We eloped with a few friends present, and I would have loved to have my family there. But it was still a cute ceremony, on the beach in Hawaii. And man... we saved a ton of money. In hindsight I wouldn't change a thing!
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    My dream has always been to get married in the Jacksonville Jaguars stadium...and yes, my wedding colors would be teal and gold. Lately though I've been fancying the idea of a winter wedding. Granted, I hate winter and all forms of precipitation that come along with it, but there's just something so elegant about a winter wedding. I'm of course going to have to find a groom first. I hear he's a pretty crucial part of the nuptial festivities.

I heard of some lady that married herself,they even made a lifetime movie about it
  • CalorieNinja
    Options
    Yep, definitely want a re-do.

I got stuck in another city for 3 days before the wedding--almost missed my own wedding (flight cancellations). No last fitting of my dress, so it was entirely too long (by a foot!). A lot of things were crazy.

But the main thing that we didn't have was pictures. So we always tease that we'll do wedding pics on our next anniversary. ;)

However, I did marry the man of my dreams. ;) And that's what counts right?

Wow, and I thought my wedding has problems! The runner wouldn't stay down it was too windy, we had reserved an area in the park overlooking the lake and some people disregarded the sign and started grilling an hour before the wedding - my fil chased them off but we couldn't cover them like planned because they were hot. Oh and my pictures are awful - only two good pictures, never let a family friend that does "photography" do your pictures.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I loved my wedding and it was simple. In the end the show was for everyone else, I only wanted to be married to my fireman. we will celebrate 2 years this June and my only goal is for him to have a hotter healthier wife and maybe we'll start planning for our family. (He promised by Christmas and as early as August, so if 2012 comes and we haven't started trying i can't promise that I won't start putting holes in his condoms...)

BUT I would love a re do for my brother and his wife, since his whole bridal party, including yours truly, got pretty trashed....
  • CalorieNinja
    Options

Good luck on the groom! I wouldn't mind be married on a baseball field @ home plate
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    i hate this post! LOL it made me all depressed.

never thought id be waiting 6 years (and counting) for a ring!
  • CalorieNinja
    Options
    I loved my wedding and it was simple. In the end the show was for everyone else, I only wanted to be married to my fireman. we will celebrate 2 years this June and my only goal is for him to have a hotter healthier wife and maybe we'll start planning for our family. (He promised by Christmas and as early as August, so if 2012 comes and we haven't started trying i can't promise that I won't start putting holes in his condoms...)

BUT I would love a re do for my brother and his wife, since his whole bridal party, including yours truly, got pretty trashed....

lol @ putting holes in the condom - I literally laughed out loud :) THAT is awesome
  • CalorieNinja
    Options

Sorry ((hugs))
  • Belle_Fille
    Options

Sorry ((hugs))

lol its ok. and LOL at the holes in the condoms!
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    some of these responses are cracking me up.

I died at the hole in his condoms lol