MFP Runner's Club - July 3

Good morning runners!

Today I did weight lifting. There is a class at my gym called "Body Pump" and we work different areas of the body to different songs. Boy does it kick my butt!

Have a fabulous day!

Replies

• Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Good morning runners!

Today I did weight lifting. There is a class at my gym called "Body Pump" and we work different areas of the body to different songs. Boy does it kick my butt!

Have a fabulous day!
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Good morning.

I did my P90X chest and back workout this morning. It is basically 1 hour of push ups and chin ups, with a few dumbbell exercises thrown in. I am whipped!! I am going to try to run tonight, but I still have an ab workout to do also.

Here's to a great day of exercise!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Morning Lambchops! :heart:

I have to admit, I'm LOUSY when it comes to cross-training. :ohwell: Maybe I'll get my bike out today.

Maybe....:laugh:

Enjoy your runs! :smile:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning!

More great running weather this morning. Today I ran a 5 mile tempo run.

For our non running friends:

On a tempo run I run an easy one mile to warm up. Then, I run 3 miles at a comfortably hard pace (I can't carry on a conversation at this pace but I can say "good morning" to people I pass). Then I run an easy mile to cool down.

I ran this exact same run 5 weeks ago. Today my pace was 45 seconds faster! I was pretty excited...

Enjoy your runs, walks, and rests today.

I can't wait to hear from you
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Great job on your run kechiemc!! You always do great! I got in a 8 mile run today. It felt so go outside, no wind and it was only about 78 this morning. Have a great 4th of July weekend!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Man, I feel like a slacker. I did 3.64 miles this morning in about 35 minutes. I have to say I really felt it too. I guess 2 weeks of vacationing will do that to you.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    GOOD MORNING! Sounds like everybody is gearing up for the holiday tomorrow with some great workouts!

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!!:sad: :sad:

Today was the first morning that I went down the steps that I didn't have a shooting pain go up my leg, so I think I'm getting better (finally). At least it doesn't seem like I'll need an x-ray, which is a logistics nightmare around here with two girls--just figuring out how to get to an appointment is a pain.....Anyway, I know you guys know what I mean.......

I may try to walk a bit on my treadmill and see how that feels.

Good luck to everybody hitting the trail today (and WOOHOO! to those who did already!)
    :heart: Pam
  • Shannon023
    GOOD MORNING! Sounds like everybody is gearing up for the holiday tomorrow with some great workouts!

Today was the first morning that I went down the steps that I didn't have a shooting pain go up my leg, so I think I'm getting better (finally). At least it doesn't seem like I'll need an x-ray, which is a logistics nightmare around here with two girls--just figuring out how to get to an appointment is a pain.....Anyway, I know you guys know what I mean.......

Good luck to everybody hitting the trail today (and WOOHOO! to those who did already!)

Miss you too, sistah!!! 11_2_104.gif

Getcher self well again!! :heart: :heart:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Morning beautiful people,

Rest day for me!
    Look forward to my run tomorrow morning!

pam, I'm so glad to hear that the pain isn't as bad this morning!

Great job on your run everyone!
    Shannon, wouldn't it be nice if drinking a glass a wine would be considered cross training?:drinker:

Mireille
  • Shannon023
    Morning beautiful people,

Rest day for me!
    Look forward to my run tomorrow morning!

pam, I'm so glad to hear that the pain isn't as bad this morning!

Great job on your run everyone!
    Shannon, wouldn't it be nice if drinking a glass a wine would be considered cross training?:drinker:

Mireille

I'd be the most fit woman in America! :laugh:
  • kc_lea
    kc_lea Posts: 65 Member
    Hello running types!! Great updates - good job on carving time off your runs, and just getting out there in general.

As for me, I woke up to the sound of pouring rain. Two hours later and it has yet to give up. Looks like a morning run is not in the card! And i'm going to bluesfest tonight so I don't see a night run happening either. Afternoon or bust! If i can get outside, it's going to be a brisk 5 k. If not, 2 rest days in a row? oy.

Hope you're all well!
    .kat
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Hi! Don't know if I'm an official member of the runner's club yet haha, but I ran 7.5 miles this morning. The weather was actually decent...for Oklahoma anyways haha! Anyways hope everyone has a fantastic day!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Good morning runners!

Have a fabulous day!

I LOVE me some Body Pump!! I have been doing it regularly since January and I am amazed at how much I can lift now! I do it every Tuesday night and my thighs, butt and inner thighs always hurt until Saturday!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Morning lovelies....and handsome...ies!:ohwell: :flowerforyou:

I had a rough run this morning...woke up late...back hurt some, but I felt like I needed to get out and do it....I did only 3 miles in 30 mins...not my best....and I hated the first two miles....lol

I don't know why I haven't enjoyed my last two runs??? I think about it and really want to get out there...and then I'm like...ugh!

oh well, could be the heat or my back is not doing amazing...maybe I'll give it a rest tomorrow...any advice or suggestions?

hugs and I'll be back during my lunch to catch up...imagine them wanting me to actually work at work today...pfft! :laugh:

Ali :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Hi! Don't know if I'm an official member of the runner's club yet haha, but I ran 7.5 miles this morning. The weather was actually decent...for Oklahoma anyways haha! Anyways hope everyone has a fantastic day!

I'd say you qualify! :flowerforyou:

Welcome! :smile:
  • pmkelly409
    Morning Lambchops! :heart:

I have to admit, I'm LOUSY when it comes to cross-training. :ohwell: Maybe I'll get my bike out today.

Maybe....:laugh:

Enjoy your runs! :smile:

You should do it! I find XT to be very therapeutic...especially bike riding.

lambchops - yum! me hungry!
  • pmkelly409
    Good morning!

More great running weather this morning. Today I ran a 5 mile tempo run.

For our non running friends:

On a tempo run I run an easy one mile to warm up. Then, I run 3 miles at a comfortably hard pace (I can't carry on a conversation at this pace but I can say "good morning" to people I pass). Then I run an easy mile to cool down.

I ran this exact same run 5 weeks ago. Today my pace was 45 seconds faster! I was pretty excited...

Enjoy your runs, walks, and rests today.

I can't wait to hear from you
    :heart: -Kechie.

Good Morning Kechie - so glad the weather is cooperating with you! I did this same run last night but we did 4 minutes on and 90 seconds off - I was soooo winded!
  • pmkelly409
    Great job on your run kechiemc!! You always do great! I got in a 8 mile run today. It felt so go outside, no wind and it was only about 78 this morning. Have a great 4th of July weekend!

oh MUSH! what a cute wedding photo!! :smooched:
  • pmkelly409

Miss you too, sistah!!! 11_2_104.gif

Getcher self well again!! :heart: :heart:

PAM!! We miss you but would rather you be healthy than injure yourself more!! I thought about you last night - I was talking to a guy who broke his foot gardening the day AFTER his last race - see it could be worse!! I told my husband NO MORE GARDENING for me - way to dangerous!!! :noway:
  • pmkelly409

7.5! ummmmm, yes that makes you official!!! :laugh: :drinker:

there are no rules here except have fun and run your butt off!!!!!!

you have a great day too!