What's your favorite newly found food?

Options

Replies

• HotMomma86
    Options
    quinoa and zucchini. I never had either until I started eating healthier. Oh, and kale and swiss chard. I rarely had lettuce, let alone those. Now I saute them with olive oil, garlic and some avocado as a side dish.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    My new food is...
    Rice cake, vanilla yogurt, fruit, gronola, honey
    Yummy....
  • PSmillie
    PSmillie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fiber One cereal! I use it as a granola substitute in my yogurt. Plus, if grind it up, you can coat chicken and fish with it instead of bread crumbs. Adds TONS of fiber to any meal!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Mini Rice Cakes....several different flavors...yum...
  • KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    oatmeal w/ peanut butter! Its like a big yummy monster cookie! lol

MMM that sounds so good!
  • jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    Options
    Quinoa!

ditto! i LOVE quinoa!!!! especially in the summer!

other fav's...greek yogurt (breakfast every AM lately), larabars!! (read the ingredients...all natural baby!), coconut water (zico - brand - love love love this stuff after a workout!)
  • KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    portabella mushrooms roasted with a little evoo and garlic
    I keep forgetting those every time I go to the store!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Fage Greek Yogurt
    Vitamuffins
    Soy Milk
    Enjoy Life Granola ...I thought granola had to be super high fat!
    Bell peppers!
    Tofu
  • mcarpe52797
    Options
    Kale. I never thought I would like it, but I love it! Greek yogurt. I only eat the plain. It took a little getting used to, but now I love it. Natural peanut butter. The first time I tried it before I started my journey I hated it. It just wasn't sweet enough for my sugar addicted self. Now I love it and can't stand the smell of my old peanut butter. Plain almonds, they are a great snack. Oh and veggie wraps. I used to think that a veggie sandwich was for rabbits, but I love veggie wraps, veggie pizza, and veggie subs!
  • jlmevis
    jlmevis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Since I've started making my own baby food for my little one, I've rediscovered the deliciousness of plain veggies and fruits. I've never eaten sweet potatoes in my life, but now I love them... I just cook them in the oven or microwave and add a little sea salt. So good. Oh and for summer time, try veggie skewers. Our favorite is mushroom and union. We put a little olive oil and seasonings on them and stick them on the grill with a meat of choice. Yummy. Remember, they cook faster then meat, so put them up top. Oh and one more thing. I was just reading Women's health, and it says that you get the most bang for you calorie buck with Raspberries (2/$5 at Meijer) so load up.
  • mcarpe52797
    Options
    I forgot my new found love, unsweetened almond milk. It is awesome in my coffee :)
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Fiber One ROCKS.
  • ryanmelissa09
    Options
    New Fav post workout snack is World Table Vanilla Dusted Almonds. 160 Calories for 1/4cup. So good and healthy
  • jdrop
    jdrop Posts: 24
    Options
    Not new, just being more aware of what I eat.

Lots more veggies and high protein for being full longer.

I <3 me som Luna bars too.
  • clarreb
    clarreb Posts: 18
    Options
    Greek yogurt, kashi bars & melaleuca access bars are awesome!! Homemade soups with lots of veggies :)
  • SeltzerKC
    SeltzerKC Posts: 13
    Options
    My current favorite is egg white omelets with Green Peppers, Turkey Sausage and Peperjack cheese – there is just enough kick to it because of the seasoning in the sausage and the cheese. I’m also loving Greek Yogurt – even though I said I’d never try it but I have to be careful with not eating more than one a day because of how expensive they are.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Seapoint Farms - Dry Roasted Edamame - Wasabi Flavor

I absolutely love these!!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Peanut butter...it is so good! on more stuff than just peanut butter and jelly.

melt it in the microwave for 20 seconds and drizzle over apple slices!!!

OMG!! I have never even thought of microwaving it. That sounds awesome! <3 peanut butter!

I gotta go buy an apple now that sounds fantastic!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Kashi honey sunshine is my favorite cereal now move over multi grain cheerios
  • roebuck1908
    roebuck1908 Posts: 185
    Options
    Lard and chocolate spread and a bowl of peanuts, YUM