What's your favorite newly found food?

Options

Replies

• sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Lentils and Quinoa-- I hardly go a day without one or the other (or both!)

Nobody ever says lentils! They're so underrated. So much protien, lots of iron... you can swap it for meat in meat dishes like sloppy joes and tacos (love lentil tacos) plus lentils are SO DARN CHEAP!
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Quinoa, cottage cheese and spinach. I actually don't know what I survived on before I found these foods because they tend to make up most of my meals now!

Lentils are also pretty awesome, just because they're so versatile and filling.
  • loveandprideforever
    loveandprideforever Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So it's funny that I happened to find this topic because as I was eating my bowl of Bran Flakes, I couldn't help but laugh because never in my right (or wrong) mind would I have thought that I could like, let alone LOVE, this food. And I was thinking to myself, "With all of the amazing forums on MFP, I should start one about new favorite foods."....and Here it is! As we venture through our weight loss journeys, we are bound to find foods that we never thought we could enjoy. This is part of the beauty that comes to pass as our bodies change.
    So, ...my new favorites are Bran Flakes, Banana Peppers (LOVE!), and Homemade Biscotti (with whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose enriched, and splenda instead of sugar. A whopping 57-65 calories a pop and they are so good!).

Good Topic Friend! Great minds think alike!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Bare Fruit Apple Chips. Amazing. Organic. Only "Apples" as ingredient....nothing else. But great substitute for something crunchy with lunch (but not potato chips). Only 29 calories for 1/2 oz. I can eat 3 portions of them and still be happy and healthy at lunchtime.

They have granny smith and cinnamon. We were going through them so quickly since discovering them I started ordering them from Amazon in packs of 12.
  • stevo1078
    stevo1078 Posts: 26
    Options
    Quorn Dippers with mixed veggies. easy as meal and not too bad.
    Or stuffed mushrooms love them
  • vickij2
    vickij2 Posts: 66
    Options
    Flax seed on oatmeal with cinnamon.
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    sweet potato fries and roasted veggies!
  • bdeliab
    bdeliab Posts: 25
    Options
    Red Pepper Turkey Meatloaf. Try it, it's amazing.
    6.5 oz. lean ground turkey
    1/4 red bell pepper thinly sliced
    1/2 diced onion
    1 egg beaten
    1/8 c. breadcrumbs
    2 tsp. white vinegar
    2 tsp. dijon mustard
    1 tsp ground pepper
    Mix all ingredients together. Form into a mini-loaf and bake at 350degrees for 30 minutes.

Let me know what you think if you try it. It is my favorite meal off all time.
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats and Laughing Cow cheeses.
    Lesser Evil Kettle Corn
    Almond butter and honey on wheat toast
    Wholly guacamole 100 calorie packs
    cocoa almonds
  • davish28
    davish28 Posts: 34
    Options
    try spreading a wedge of the Laughing cow lite cream cheese on a white chedder rice cake or 1 tablespoon peanut butter on a chocolate rice cake.
  • davish28
    davish28 Posts: 34
    Options
    Fiber one bars, oats and caramel is my favorite, yum
  • amaymorrison
    Options
    It sounds like Heaven, Im having this for breakfast tomorrow for sure! Thanks :)
  • jstalittlecrzy
    jstalittlecrzy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I never nuked peanut butter until I started eating Smuckers Natural - nothing but peanuts and a little salt, so you have to keep it in the refrig. Now I drizzle it on lots of stuff, celery, cucumbers even broccoli and cauliflower....yum!
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I learned how to make home made guacamole and it was amazing!!! I also have grown to love Sushi and Jasabi Sauce, which I used to hate and it is actually pretty low in calories and tastes wonderful!!
  • lep_623
    Options
    Try the Special K Cracker Chips, the sour cream and onion one's are awesome and you get like 27 for a little over 100 calories!! :)
  • jennand621
    Options
    I read about the Laughing Cow spreadable cheese on here and bought a 3 pack at Sam's Club. I have used it to make "creamed" spinach. Just throw a ton of spinach in a pot on medium heat with a spritz of olive oil and some garlic powder, stir constantly until it shrinks down then add a couple laughing cow cheeses. Kill the heat and stir it all until cheese melts into sauce. Top with lots of fresh ground pepper. (I use a big plastic tub of baby spinach from Sam's and 4 cheeses for two of us) We have this a couple times a week now because it's so easy and delicious! I have also used the cheese the same way with spaghetti squash.

Other foods I love and eat often:
    -portobello mushrooms
    -Luna bars
    -almond butter
    -Kashi cereals and granola bars
    -Ole foods high fiber, low carb wraps
    -kale chips
    -garbanzo beans and black beans
    -roasted veggies
    -liquid aminos to season anything
    -unsweetened almond milk, vanilla and chocolate (blue diamond brand)
    -cottage cheese with tomato. also, put cottage cheese in the food processor with herbs to substitute for sour cream. (cilantro with mexican dishes, chives or tarragon for baked potato)
    -fat free greek yogurt as a mayo substitute
    -quinoa
    -Mrs. Dash, in every flavor
  • lep_623
    Options
    I have also put the laughing cow cheese on a bagel and it's great too! I also used it tonight instead of mayo on a turkey burger peta and it was fantastic! I love that stuff!!!
  • lep_623
    Options
    So it's funny that I happened to find this topic because as I was eating my bowl of Bran Flakes, I couldn't help but laugh because never in my right (or wrong) mind would I have thought that I could like, let alone LOVE, this food. And I was thinking to myself, "With all of the amazing forums on MFP, I should start one about new favorite foods."....and Here it is! As we venture through our weight loss journeys, we are bound to find foods that we never thought we could enjoy. This is part of the beauty that comes to pass as our bodies change.
    So, ...my new favorites are Bran Flakes, Banana Peppers (LOVE!), and Homemade Biscotti (with whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose enriched, and splenda instead of sugar. A whopping 57-65 calories a pop and they are so good!).

Good Topic Friend! Great minds think alike!

Ok, can I just ask for the Biscotti recipe?! I love biscotti!! and my new fav food is fish, i used to hate verything but tuna and now i crave sushi and have learned to cook salmon really well :)
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE making fruit smoothies. They are so good I could have one with every meal! I actually try to limit myself to making one smoothie a day but I really like having one before bedtime.
  • cfox62
    cfox62 Posts: 5
    Options
    Snack I like is carrots dipped in peanut butter Love it for a quick fix to something sweet. I keep the peanut butter to less than a tbsp