"The Girls".... Anyway to keep them in weight loss?

Options
Still_Sossy
Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
Ok, please keep this thread pg-13, On a serious note I am wondering if there are ways to maintain "the girls" while you lose weight? I have lost a half of a cup size and not happy about it! Can exercise help or will they get smaller as the rest of me does?

Replies

• FitWithMae
    FitWithMae Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you find a way let me know. I went from a D to a barley B. Hello Victoria Secret Miraculous lol.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    They're fat unfortunately. I know working pecks helps, but I don't think it's enough to keep you from losing at least something.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    If you find a way let me know. I went from a D to a barley B. Hello Victoria Secret Miraculous lol.

HAHA! Awesome.
    That's quite a change though.
  • Lady_G
    Lady_G Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It is normal to store fat on "the girls" therefore if you lose weight, then you also lose cup size. You will also add to your cup size if you put on weight.
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    Options
    Yeah... all that I have heard is that you will lose them.... :( I think you can however, build up the muscle underneath to make them appear perkier or bigger but mine have shrunk and I didnt have much to begin with! So sad...
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm losing everything up top - don't want to lose anything else from up there at all, but still need to lose from my stomach. hips and thighs - don't think there's a way though!
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Same here. It's always the first to go! Bye bye boobies!
  • hoosiermama44
    Options
    I don't think so :( I think the fat just leaves the body wherever it please (why oh why can't the tummy go as fast?). However, I do remember in high school my mom and I use to do these Denise Austin workouts and good ole Denise was ALWAYS telling us to work our chest/shoulders/back because it make them APPEAR bigger - at the very least more perky. (Along that same note having that more triangle look makes the tummy appear smaller - I'm all for that). So I do trying to work my pecs regularly hoping it will help some in the appearance.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have lost in this area as well. I used to be a DDD now I am a large D and I know they WILL get smaller which also makes me kinda sad. When I was 150 pounds and a C cup I thought they were too big. Now I don't want them any smaller than that!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    noooo...!!! i know they get smaller as you lose weight, and i am sad to lose mine..i am a natural 44 DD..and somehow they grew without ME gaining weight..i am just so used to them, i don't want them gone..LoL..best of luck ;)
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    yea, you can't choose where you lose your weight from. i think it's one of those things that if you're "blessed", you'll keep them. if not, they're going to shrink like the rest of you.
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    It really depends on the composition of your breast. I've been a DD for over 10 years now. When I was 21 and 120lbs, when I was 28 (post baby) and 168lbs, and currently at 31 and 147lbs. If you have dense breasts with lots of breast tissue, they won't change much.

However, if they have more fat tissue, then if you lose fat... you're going to lose fat, all over.
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i lost a lot of weight just by doing cardio and watching what i eat unfortunately i also lost the girls. they i starteded to lift weights gained muscle and some of the girls again.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    That's the first place I lose weight, not on my stomach, not in my arms, not in my legs. Nope, right up top!

I'm not sure if you can keep them from shrinking, but they won't disappear completely. If you lose weight, they will eventually stop shrinking once they reach the size they want to be. I've lost 4 inches in that area, and they've stopped shrinking finally! Now the fat is coming off other areas.
  • lanie13
    lanie13 Posts: 55
    Options
    Same here. It's always the first to go! Bye bye boobies!

LOL She said it best :)

But yeah mine have shrunk. Not that I lost much cause mine were ginormous to begin with, but I'm actually glad that mine are going down because it's WAY less stress on my lower back.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the composition of your breast. I've been a DD for over 10 years now. When I was 21 and 120lbs, when I was 28 (post baby) and 168lbs, and currently at 31 and 147lbs. If you have dense breasts with lots of breast tissue, they won't change much.
    ^^what she said. I'm the same way, I've lost a little but as I go down band sizes I keep going up cup sizes. At a 36DD now and not looking forward to officially switching to the 34DDD I tried on last week. :ohwell:
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Yeah... all that I have heard is that you will lose them.... :( I think you can however, build up the muscle underneath to make them appear perkier or bigger but mine have shrunk and I didnt have much to begin with! So sad...

Agree about working out to make them look perkier. You might, or might not lose them, just depends. That is usually the first place I lose weight, and after a 50# loss, I'm shocked I didn't lose more than I did. I went from a D to a full C, but that's it: we'll see what happens when I get the rest off. I think it helps that my exercises of choice are biking and running...so lots of focus on legs/butt/hips, which is where I really want to lose it. I do a lot of upper body too though: push ups are one of the best exercises you can do!!
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've lost a whole cup size. Hubby says anything more than a handful is a waste anyways ;)
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I'll trade in my girls for my ABS anyday :laugh:
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i have lost only 9 lbs and have already gone down a cup size and 2"....not to mention they're lop-sided now! I want my boobies back!!!