"The Girls".... Anyway to keep them in weight loss?

2»

Replies

• lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Breasts are like 90% fat, right?! It's sad, I know. And it seems like they're always the first thing to go too! I'm nursing our daughter and I still have boobs right now, but I am losing inches around the ribcage. It's never pretty post-nursing though--I'm going to need a lift this time through perhaps. Otherwise, doing some good pectoral exercise can help give the girls a boost.

I guess just think of it this way... the girls will shrink, but you're shrinking too so when you're nearly complete w/ your weight loss journey everything will be proportional! :D
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    weight loss in general can not be picked or choosen from the body, fat loss is fat loss and like mentioned earlier if the girls are mostly fat then you will lose some of them. Usually the first place to gain is the last place to lose, for both men and women. Think of it like an ice cube (the center being a 6 pack or flat tummy) you need to get rid of the surrounding ice (fat) to get there, so sorry to say but you will inevitably lose some of the girls. The amount as stated previously depends on the composition.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    I am going to bra shopping this weekend. I have lost just over 10lbs and dropped a cup size and three inches under. My bras do not fit at all anymore so there is no way around not buying a new bra or two- the ones I have now look funny under a tshirt lol...

I agree wth OLP76 though, I will glady take abs over smaller "girls" anyday!
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    The first time I lost weight I went from a D to a C, and that was about 40 lbs or so. My trainer mentioned doing chest exercises, like flys, etc, to increase the tone and amount of muscle, which would supposedly "help the girls to stay their size". Don't know if this is legit, but there ya go.

Now as far as right now is concerned, I agree with the proportion thing. I'd be thrilled to have perky B or C versus fat & saggy (TMI, sorry) D or DD and as I get smaller it'll look better. Plus, I think of all the nice tank tops, halters, etc, that I never get to wear or got to wear (even at a C they didn't look right) and I almost can't WAIT to be a B.

Of course, by the time I get there, I'll be too old to be wearing such fashion forward things :laugh:
  • I got the short end of the stick when it came to developing. My sister has always had larger chest than me and she's 3 years younger and her body is tiny. I got the smaller chest and take after my dad's side of the family but I always had a butt and thicker thighs :( I can't complain too much though, I've always been a B cup but as soon as I start to lose weight, that's the first place it comes off and it frustrates me. Why can't it come off of my thighs and butt! Since it is fat, even if you don't work on your upper body, your weight sheds from the top first. Atleast for me, it always has.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 333 Member
    I wish I knew a way to keep em. My hubby is already complaining about mine shrinking. I was just a C cup when I started MFP, but now I am more like a B. If they keep shrinking @ this rate, by summer I'll be shopping for a new bra.....A TRAINING BRA! :noway:
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    I dont think so.... :cry:
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    I'll trade in my girls for my ABS anyday :laugh:

I'm with her!!!!! I cant get rid of my stomach to save my life so I will gladly trade my D cup for a flat belly!!
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    It`s the last place I lose my weight! I don`t know why but I wish I could take them down a cup size or two.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    I guess I better start doing pushups and hope for the best. Wasn't there a scene from Grease there they were exercising their goodies?
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    yes there is a way to keep the girls and firm them up!! Try Jillian michaels No More Trouble Zones. She does exercises to work on your chest area. You will need hand weights, 3lb or 5 lb. if you feel soreness around your chest by under your arm area, then its working!! try it!!
  • Shannon7713
    Shannon7713 Posts: 76 Member
    Same here..... but as of right now I am not complaining..... I was a very uncomfortable 40G..... Now im in between DD's-D..... Thankgod....
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    I am seriously considering having a surgeon put back what I am taking away through diet and exercise. I was a small B when I started I'm an A at best right now... no boobs. VS has some nice little inserts you can tuck in your bra, but still, I don't feel like a woman much anymore. My husband is sweet and says he doesn't mind, but this is the one place with my body where I feel like a freak being so flat. Other women have breasts, why can't I???
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Here I am WISHING mine would go away but nope! Still a 38E after losing 30 pounds over the last few years and I went for a bra fitting to find out they grew even more! Then of course my friend loses only 8 pounds and she's gone from a 34D to 32C
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Apparently, what made this original post go past PG-13, was all the guys posting here SOS. I didn't run nearly as fast as I did yesterday, but I do want to lose my "bustline", so again I have nothing to offer as advice. Right now I am a solid 54 B, hoping to be an A cup or less when I am done.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    I never really gained weight around my ribcage, so I have consistently been 34, but I went from a small B to a large D. When I lose weight, I don't really lose my breasts - they just go down to a regular D. I wish they would go to C, though - easier to find nice bras!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    I just realised that I didn't answer your question - I just gave you the history of my tits. Pectoral exercises will help to lift and give volume to your chest.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    I never had much up there anyway. Having seen myself at the heaviest, I will gladly take thin and toned and flat :happy: At least I still have a nice rear end :wink:
This discussion has been closed.