Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bigger ladies -- jean size help.

2»

Replies

• finity559
    finity559 Posts: 59 Member
    I wore a size 32 pant. Now its somewhere between 30, 28. What I notice though is that when I wore those sizes in my earlier years, they fit better and they are the same jeans. (When i gained weight I saved all my "smaller" clothes)
    What I think happened it that my body gained weight in certain places and even though I'm losing weight I may be losing it in my butt rather than my tummy and my tummy is where I gained all the weight. Get it? My arms might be getting smaller but not my thighs. So some clothes may not fit right.
    Try looking for clothes on FASHIONBUG.COM and go to ROAMANS.COM & WOMANWITHIN.COM to request catalogs. That's where I get a lot of my clothes. Fashionbug has small and big sizes, some jeans go up to size 32.
    Also try The Avenue, they have a website too.
  • finity559
    finity559 Posts: 59 Member
    I swear our bodies are just strange sometimes. We gain and lose in different areas. I wish I would lose the "newer" fat before my older fat. Id much rather lose my gutt first rather then my butt and boobs. That's just a shame! We just gotta work harder to make our old clothes and clothe sizes fit us again correctly.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Sizes have definately changed from the way they used to be.

I started at 268 lbs and in a 22-24 jeans/pants.

After a loss of 18 lbs, I was in a 20-22. Then after another 20 lbs, I was in a 18-20 but it only took another 8 lbs after to get into 16-18. Another 15 lbs got me into 14-16. I have only lost another 5.. and will probably only need another 5 to get to a 12-14.

There really isn't a set weight loss when going down sizes. There are so many factors. Sometimes I lose more in my waist and my hips, other times it will be other areas.
  • mama_mia3
    mama_mia3 Posts: 66
    I weighed in at 250 and wore a size 22/24 comfortably on a good day, not so comfortably on a bad bloat day. BUT!! there is hope to get around that "inbetween" size syndrome. When I was pregnant with my third the thought of going out to buy a new wardrobe was a nightmare, so I invested in a couple "Bella Bands". They are snug, comfortable elastic material that sorta reminds of what skinny little people wear as tube tops, but you wear them OVER your unbuttoned, unzipped jeans and it holds them up and looks like you just wearing a nice, fitted type cami that's long enough and covers your hips. I've lost 15 and I'm in that inbetween phase right now and have been wearing mine just to keep my pants up...great feeling!!
  • You said you were wearing stretch pants for a while...while I love them I think they offer no compression...Your old jeans probably fit you back then because you wore them all the time and they had a compression like affect on that area...I know it sounds weird but I swear stretch pants are our biggest enemy...they let everything fall where it wants to and they don't get tight which gives us no reminder to watch what we are eating and drinking.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    I think some of our weight remains "glued" to certain places until we get thinner. At least that's what I'm hoping!
  • FILLE
    FILLE Posts: 45
    For weights I have used water bottles or small can goods. While your doing your lunges hold the cans in your hands. I agree to bands are fantastic. keep up the good work!
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    I swear no two brands fit the same. I'm on a tight budget myself, but I don't have many old clothes to fall back on. I was basically a 24 when I started here, maybe 24 was a smidge tight when first out of the dryer, but by the end of the day they were fine. The pants I'm currently wearing are 20, but I have a pair of 22 at home that don't fit yet!

To save money *and* have pants and jeans that fit, I've gone to my local Goodwill and grabbed everything I was remotely willing to wear in the 20 and 22 sections (sadly those are the smallest sections at my Goodwill; plently of 18 and 24, though) and tried all of them on. The last time I did that, I tried on 10 items and left with 3 (one 22, two 20) plus one thing that I knew wouldn't fit yet (18), but I LOVED and couldn't pass on.
  • hrhwrightca
    hrhwrightca Posts: 45 Member
    I started out at 310lbs and was wearing a 24 - I am weighing 280lbs right now and I am wearing 18/20 so sizes are a weird thing really cause I would think I wouldnt be down taht many sizes already
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    somehow i'm constant in jean sizes - i'm wear a 24 at around 300 and all the way up to like, 315. i really should probably wear like a 23 but alas, they don't make those!

i have way more fluctuation in shirts, i have everything from XL's to 4x's in my drawers!!