Feelings when people started to notice. . .

2»

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    I kind of feel like that will be an issue with me. I havent' gotten there, but I am doing it healthy. I am exercising and working real hard at making the right choices. I know people are going to ask me how I did it. I am going to tell them the truth. They will have their own thoughts. But in the back of my mind I am going to wonder how I let myself be so lazy for so long.

Congrats on your success, btw.
  • Jrak1980
    Jrak1980 Posts: 67 Member
    I feel the same way. I've also been having a hard time getting ready for work these days. Everything is too big and I look frumpy. I used to hate when people complained about not having anything to wear because they lost weight...now I understand their struggles. I wish I could just wear my workout clothes to work :)
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    OMG I thought it was just me. People fail to realize that they need to think before they speak. It's alright for me to say I used to be really fat but for someone else to say it pisses me off!! Since when did it become ok for you to call me out and make me feel like poo? I realize that this used to be an area of weakness for me, but I don't need you to rub my face in it, thanks and have a nice life JERK!!!!!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Those remarks don't bug me. I didn't feel good at my highest weight so I assume I am not the only one who noticed lol

One thing I really do love though, is the people that are closest to you... like my husband and my best friend and ofcourse some others who were with you in the beginning and were there for the subtle changes that ended as a drastic one, don't really remember you the way you were, but rather the way you are.

My best friend saw some of my old pictures on facebook and commented to me that he can't even remember me like that. Those pictures are just not what he pictures when he thinks about me, but he was there through it all. He lost a bunch of weight too and it seems to be the same for me when I look at his old pics. I just didn't see this chunky guy I guess lol.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    I feel sooo rediculous when people comment to me as well, however I do secretly like that people are noticing.. But that also makes me wonder what they thought when I was fat (er)...
    I think thats why I get embarassed, because I wonder how I looked to people then that they just werent saying. Like- damn that ones getting fat! only they dont (always) say it out loud!
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    The only time I get crabby about it is when it comes from a person who has never bothered to speak to you about anything else! There's a lady at work...we've been in the same building for two years and she has NEVER returned a smile or a 'hello' in the corridor. Until last week, when she asked me how much weight I'd lost. Um, hello, how about we introduce ourselves properly before getting personal?
  • the only one that has really noticed are family and i havent seen friends in a while. it took me to join a gym to finally notice. i still got a long journey to go 120lbs but i know i can do it. i just take it as it is and just remind myself that im doing this for me no one else.
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    I think that sometimes we (especially women) have a hard time accepting compliments/praise. My sister once pointed out to me that every time someone complimented my clothes I would immediately say "Oh I got this on sale really cheap", or if someone complimented my weight loss I'd say "Yeah, but I have a long way to go". She said just smile and say thank you, and quit reading so much into it! So that's what I do! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!