Replies

• karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    3 times a day and 2 to 3 snacks....about 3 hours apart
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast around 6:15, lunch around 10:45, a 300 calorie snack around 3:00, and dinner between 6 and 8.

I'm eating about 1800 calories right now, before exercise, but I'm also 4 months pregnant.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks.....sometimes the snacks have more calories than the meal :-)

I need my evening snack....usually some yogurt or a slice of bread with peanut butter to keep me from wanting to snack on junk food.

I've been doing this for about 85 days now and have never been hungry, so it's working great for me..

I have lost 22 pounds.

wow, way to go on loosing 22 pounds! I usually eat the same amount as you! I just feel like I'm at a standstill right now!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    but I heard that you should eat every 2-3 hours!? Is that true!?

well, it works for me.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    For me it's portion control. I eat 4 very small meals a day, measuring out all my serving sizes. And, I have one snack, usually a fruit of veggie.
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 5-6 times per day with 2 -3 hours in between (I try to go 3 at least). I always carry around a portable applesauce with me in case I am out and about and can't get home or forget to bring a cooler with me. It keeps me from driving through somewhere and ruining my calories for the day.
  • LittleD311
    Options
    but I heard that you should eat every 2-3 hours!? Is that true!?

well, it works for me.

thats what i have been doing as well!
  • LittleD311
    Options
    I've been eating 5-6 times per day with 2 -3 hours in between (I try to go 3 at least). I always carry around a portable applesauce with me in case I am out and about and can't get home or forget to bring a cooler with me. It keeps me from driving through somewhere and ruining my calories for the day.

that is a very good idea!
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    I eat about every 3-4 hours depending.

Breakfast - Pretty big with protein, good carbs, veggies and fruit.
    Snack if needed - a few nuts, a piece of fruit or some veggies
    Lunch - Same as breakfast but smaller...
    Snack - Same as before
    Dinner - Whatever someone makes for dinner (I live at home) or if I make it something healthy. But LOTS of veggies and very little carbs.
    Snack - Some almonds or a protein shake. I work out at night....

Then of course some coffee once or twice a day.
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 times day and sometimes with an afternoon snack
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 meals a day too, and usually have 2-3 snacks, but I heard that you should eat every 2-3 hours!? Is that true!?

'They' say to not go more than 4 hours without eating something, This does not mean you need to eat a full meal every 4 hours, it just means grab a snack like a handful of nuts or something. From what I have read/heard the reason for this is to keep you body's metabolism high. When we take in food the body kick things up a notch for digestion. I tend to eat 3 meals and 3 'snacks' a day. My snacks can be nearly as large if not larger than my meals though if I am hungry. I try to evenly distribute my calorie intake throughout the day. Still staying under my calorie goal for the day of course. Seems to work well for me. I am never hungry and the weight is coming off.
  • LittleD311
    Options
    I eat 3 meals a day too, and usually have 2-3 snacks, but I heard that you should eat every 2-3 hours!? Is that true!?

'They' say to not go more than 4 hours without eating something, This does not mean you need to eat a full meal every 4 hours, it just means grab a snack like a handful of nuts or something. From what I have read/heard the reason for this is to keep you body's metabolism high. When we take in food the body kick things up a notch for digestion. I tend to eat 3 meals and 3 'snacks' a day. My snacks can be nearly as large if not larger than my meals though if I am hungry. I try to evenly distribute my calorie intake throughout the day. Still staying under my calorie goal for the day of course. Seems to work well for me. I am never hungry and the weight is coming off.

I don't know what is it lately, but I've been more hungry than usual, and I'm usually getting all my calories in, however, right now, i'm not hungry at all, and need to eat in about 45 min.....
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    I have read that you should eat 4 to 5 times a day. 3 meals, and 2 snacks
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks..Seems to be working good for me, I just watch my portions and make healthier choices that are filling! I also drink lost of water.

I do the same thing!!