One Year Of Maintenance!!!

Options
There comes a time when you realize your excuses are exactly that, lazy rationalizations. At that point you really commit to a healthier lifestyle and hold yourself accountable for every choice you make. I was at a crossroads at 170-ish pounds, and had already lost about 70lbs. I asked myself "Why can't I just be overweight and live life happily?" The first thought I had was that I knew better. I was capable of more and would be disappointing myself by not meeting my potential, if I gave in to the ease that comes with mindless "normal" eating habits.

It has been worth it. The restriction, the constant thought of food and weight gain, the high grocery bills, the family dinner accomodations, the family's concern, the "hating" haha, the buying new clothes, the compliments coupled with shock, the million dollar question of "how did you lose it" being asked constantly, the strength, the determination, and the success.

It's true, I know for a fact that I'll never be satisfied, even now, having maintained my goal weight for an entire year, it's still not enough. To me, that's the greatness of humanity, constantly changing and advancing in some way. Yet I can be accomplished in the moment and proud of the advancements I have made. That being said, throughout my next year of maintenance, I would like to push myself to become physically stronger through exercise, for health not weight loss. The past two years have really changed my life entirely, and I love living 110lbs. lighter :happy: Keep up the awesome work, MFP, it CAN be done!!!

ba-1.jpg

Replies

• timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    you look beautiful!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Wow you look awesome!!! Congratulations on your first year of maintenance and many more and you are inspiring to many out there!!
  • TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow you look awesome! Thanks for posting and sharing your inspiring story to us!!
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    wow you did something great... hope one day to be where i want to be.
  • cooki3s
    cooki3s Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks for posting, we really need examples like this of you and others who have got to their goal and just kept,steady on, with time, living out the new lifestyle with gusto! Inspiring! :flowerforyou:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great :O
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You look great!!
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!

Just goes to show what hard work and commitment can achieve! Well done!!

Ben.
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Amazing you look like a totally different person!
  • marisa_munches
    Options
    BIG CONGRATULATIONS! That is a great story. I'm always especially impressed by the stories of those who lost the weight and managed to maintain all of their hard work . You are an inspiration!
  • kmyers93
    kmyers93 Posts: 13
    Options
    This is just so motivational! also to top it all off, you look terrific!
  • smcclaycouffer
    smcclaycouffer Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration. Thank you so much for posting the pictures of yourself. You look absolutely amazing!
  • Sharonemc
    Sharonemc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What a great inspiration you are. Thank you for sharing your story!!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Wow - now that's how you maintain - what motivation. Looking great and did a great job.
  • etropsis
    etropsis Posts: 4
    Options
    thank you for sharing! it helps inspire me. I am only on week two with a goal of losing 33 pounds.
    You have worked so hard, it shows!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look wonderful.

I love your quote at the bottom too.
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    OMG....You are so lovely! I was brought to TEARS!

Thank you so much for sharing!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    after reading this post, i then had to go and read your profile... and i must say, the combination of the two sure impressed me!

i love your attitude, approach.. and fave quotes *LOL*...

have even bookmarked your profile as i know it has info i will want to re-visit as my own journey progresses.

Thank you!

(i bookmarked instead of sending a friend request as i can see you have very very lil room left in the list *S*)
  • nurse_chris
    nurse_chris Posts: 189
    Options
    HOLY CRAP!!! Congrats.... ANy other website and i probably wouldn't believe the before and after was of the same person! Thanks for sharing, truly motivational
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Your amazing! Way to go!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!