30 Day Shred for Lent (9th March - 8th April)

Replies

• looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    I'll post my stats later!

LouiseXXX
  • deanie0515
    deanie0515 Posts: 85 Member
    OK, OK.... I've been seriously thinking of getting started on the shred, now I'm for sure!!! Such a great idea to time it with Lent!! Love it! Will post stats later. Thanks for the motivation :)
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    STARTING MEASUREMENTS
    Weight: 215.2lb
    Waist: 45"
    Hips: 42"
    Belly: 50"
    Thighs:25"
    Upper Arm: 14

Body Fat %:42%

I survived day 1, think I might feel it tomorrow!!!
  • looby1968
    Starting stats=

Weight = 186.5lbs
    Arm = 13.25"
    Chest = 40"
    Waist = 34"
    Belly = 39"
    Hips = 44.25"
    Thigh = 26"
    Knee = 17.5"
    Body Fat Mass = 32.08%
    Body Fat = 60lbs
    (Hope I've calculated the last 2 correctly, had to google them!).

I've measured both arms, thighs and knees for my own records but have only entered the measurements for my right side.

Doing day 2 later!

LouiseXXX
  • looby1968
    Starting stats=

Weight = 186.5lbs
    Arm = 13.25"
    Chest = 40"
    Waist = 34"
    Belly = 39"
    Hips = 44.25"
    Thigh = 26"
    Knee = 17.5"
    Body Fat Mass = 32.08%
    Body Fat = 60lbs

I've measured both arms, thighs and knees for my own records but have only entered the measurements for my right side.

Doing day 2 later!

LouiseXXX

Body Fat Mass (known as BMI here in the UK) = 31.1

Not a clue how to calculate my body fat in lbs.

I need to lose around 8lbs to be overweight rather than obese!!!!!
  • looby1968
    Okay, day 2 complete!!!! A bit harder today, especially the push-ups (although, I do the easier version). Jump rope still beats me!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • elainio
    elainio Posts: 77
    JuSt finished day 2 and I actually enjoyed doing it. I had to do it in the evening because my friend was over for dinner and I didn't have time before work (my boyfriend holds me up when he stays on work days). I was dreading doing it but feel good now. Think I'll hurt tomorrow because I did my step class earlier too :S

Anyway I'm going to put the table up tomorrow afternoon for you all. Good luck guys and enjoy your next day of the shred!!

Oh and I struggle with the jump rope too but love the butt kick!!

E
  • last night I completed day 4 of level 1, after 4 days my thighs were killing me, but, this morning when I got out of bed, it's nearly all gone, the ache I mean, not the thighs..... :smile:
  • elainio
    Starting stats=

Weight = 186.5lbs
    Arm = 13.25"
    Chest = 40"
    Waist = 34"
    Belly = 39"
    Hips = 44.25"
    Thigh = 26"
    Knee = 17.5"
    Body Fat Mass = 32.08%
    Body Fat = 60lbs

Doing day 2 later!

LouiseXXX

Body Fat Mass (known as BMI here in the UK) = 31.1

Not a clue how to calculate my body fat in lbs.

I need to lose around 8lbs to be overweight rather than obese!!!!!

Body fat mass is different from BMI (Body mass index).

Your body fat mass is just the mass of the fat in your body, some scales calculate this using electrodes which send a current through your body and calculate how much fat and how much muscle you have. The scale I use in Boots tells me what % of my body weight is fat so I can then workout what that is in lbs.

BMI is calculated simply by dividing your weight in lbs by (your height in inches^2) or your weight in kg by (height in meters ^2).

Hope that helps!
  • Tiggermummy
    i managed day 2, having purchased a sports bra on my way home, and the jumping jacks were very painfull the night before
    But amazed to say Bravissimo had a sb that could accomodate my chunky monkeys!
    I am feeling the effects some what, I have challenged myself to walk the stairs at least once a day, since I transfered into a different building at work. It's 6 floors up!!
    I felt every step this morning, done it twice so far, and it even aches going down them too.
    Hoping by Monday I will start feeling better as I have a zumba class in the evening, so I won't do the shred until i get home from that.
    Not convinced that I will be moving off level 1 after 10 days....
  • elainio
    Right guys here is the first table. I will be updating the table after I have completed 10 days which will be the 18th of March so make sure you guys update your progress by then so we can see how well we do in the first third of the Shred.

This is the first image I have put up so I hope it works!

30daytable1.jpg

I comepleted day 3 this morning and my shoulders were really burning during the Strength sections. Also I really hate the way Jilliam says "VEEEEEERY NIIIIIIIICE" during the second strength section. I think I'll need to mute her soon!

Good luck for today guys and great work so far!

E xxx
  • elainio
    30daytable1-1.jpg

With the Body Fat stats not cut out :)
  • looby1968
    Won't get to do a Shred today. So I will do it tomorrow, perhaps 2 sessions!!!! I've done nothing today so I need to move my butt tomorrow!!!

LouiseXXX
  • Tiggermummy
    I won't be doing shred tonight,just got home so late, and I am worried if I do I wont be able to move at all tomorrow.
    hopefully can try tomorrow evening
  • Oof! I cannot do pushups for the life of me! I can only move a couple of inches without collapsing on my mat! Haha, hope I get better as time goes on. Also, I'm quite inflexible, so I can barely do the stretches at the end :x Level two looks impossible, but I'll see how I do once we get to that point!

Although the workout itself is hard, I really do feel good once it's over.
  • looby1968
    I have done a Shred today!!!! I think I'm getting better at the cardio. With the strength, I have - foolishly - used 2lb weights. They are a killer for me!!!!!! But I shall be the boss of them... Oh yes!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • oh didn't know was supposed to put measurements, mine were:
    SW 135lbs
    waist 27"
    hips 35"
    belly 32"
    thigh 22"
    upper arm 10 & 1/2

I started level 1 on Monday 7th March

oh and it defo gets easier ;-)
  • elainio
    I have done a Shred today!!!! I think I'm getting better at the cardio. With the strength, I have - foolishly - used 2lb weights. They are a killer for me!!!!!! But I shall be the boss of them... Oh yes!!!!!

LouiseXXX

I def felt better at it today so tomorrow I am really going to go all out and not slack on any of the strength at all! I am bot one sixth complete! Bring it on jillian lol.

E xxx
  • looby1968

LouiseXXX

I def felt better at it today so tomorrow I am really going to go all out and not slack on any of the strength at all! I am bot one sixth complete! Bring it on jillian lol.

E xxx

Left it 'til pretty late to do my Shred! I've done Week 4, Day 1 of my C25K, a walk with my family, a Just Dance 2 session and the Shred!!!!

I'm shattered!!!! Must remember to do my exercise a little earlier in the day!!

The cardio was hard work.

LouiseXXX
  • Tiggermummy
    Manged day 4 shred last night, after being out all day, far better than i expected, although according to my hrm I keep going outside my "zone" whilst doing it, not sure what I am supposed to do, when that happens,
    although my resting heart rate seems quite good.

tonight is going to be interesting as I'l need to do shred after I get home from zumba class....

think i am using 1.5kg weights
This discussion has been closed.