30 Day Shred for Lent (9th March - 8th April)

Replies

• looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Completed day 6 of level 1. I THINK I'm getting better, the first interval of jump rope still kills me, I end up making up my own moves about halfway through!!!!! I can do them in the last interval!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • Left it pretty late to do today's shred, but it's done now!

Is anyone else getting some knee pain in their first week? Is it just because I'm out of practice, or should I take easy?
  • looby1968
    Left it pretty late to do today's shred, but it's done now!

Is anyone else getting some knee pain in their first week? Is it just because I'm out of practice, or should I take easy?

I get a little knee pain, espesh during the squats. but I just take it easier!

LouiseXXX
  • elainio
    elainio Posts: 77
    This morning was the first time I really didnt want to do the Shred. Thankfully I just sucked it up and got on with it I hope I am more motivated tomoro as I have to do it at night after 45mins of Step at the gym :S

I can't wait till Friday to do all my measurements again and see the progress I will hopefully have made!

Ohhh and does anyone else have a sore collar bone or have I just slept funny??

Exxx
  • looby1968
    I'm failing at this at the mo! Couldn't do it yesterday because of time restrictions, not doing it today because I had a wheat-fest yesterday and now my stomach is in so much pain:sick: !!!!

Will get to it tomorrow, but I will be moving on to level 2 on Friday!!! I will not be beaten:sad:

LouiseXXXX
  • looby1968
    This morning was the first time I really didnt want to do the Shred. Thankfully I just sucked it up and got on with it I hope I am more motivated tomoro as I have to do it at night after 45mins of Step at the gym :S

I can't wait till Friday to do all my measurements again and see the progress I will hopefully have made!

Ohhh and does anyone else have a sore collar bone or have I just slept funny??

Exxx

I have a sore collar bone and neck (very stiff this morning) but I did a bit of Leslie Sansone - walk at home dvd - and it was better. It's worse again this evening. I just thought I'd slept badly...

LouiseXXX
  • looby1968
    Woke up at 5am, with a sore neck, but decided to try and do the 30DS. I managed it but not as well as I have done. I usually do it later in the day when I'm all warmed up!

Didn't help that I hadn't done the Shred for 2 days, either!!!

Level 2 tomorrow!!!

LouiseXXX
  • so have done 10 days now, moved up to level 2 a couple of days ago, it's tough, the planks are hard but it's great.

lost 2lbs and 1/2 inch off waist, bell and hips so 1&1/2inch loss so far.

CW - 133lbs
    waist - 26 & 1/2"
    belly - 31 & 1/2"
    hips - 34 & 1/2"
    thighs - 22"
    upper arms 1- 0 &1/2"
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    I've missed two days so it's L1D7 today for me,

I did find some of it easier to do today, but weirdly I am getting instant cramp in my left calf as soon as I try and do the jumping jacks?? It didn't happen before so I can't work out what I am doing wrong, it doesn't hurt as much doing the skipping and the butt kicks are no problem.
    Still have to be very careful with the ab work as I struggle not to involve my head & neck but I have always had that problem!
  • jesshall281
    jesshall281 Posts: 219
    I have almost the exact problem, the jumping jacks really hurt my calves, and when i do abs my necks gets really painful, i need to learn to use my ABS not my neck to pull me up.

i really hate the side lunge with weight lift, my arms feel like theyre going to drop off and i just want to throw my dumbells at Jillian!....tomorrow is day 7 for me.....I hope after day 10 i have a change in either my weight or the measurements like the other woman..
  • elainio
    Hiya Shredders everyone is doing so fab!

Tomorow is my 10th day so I will be updating my measurements and weight at some point during the day :)

I plan on making an table of our progress to show how many inches/lbs we have lost in the first 3rd of our Shred. This table will be made and displayed here on Monday so make sure you guys have your progress measurements up before then so you get included :)

Im stepping then shredding tonight after work :S wish me luck!!

Exxxx
  • jesshall281
    jesshall281 Posts: 219
    Thanks for waiting for me :) Monday is day 10 for me, so i'll do it early in the morning so i can give you my measurements in time for the updated table!
  • elainio
    well I really cant believe it! I LOVE THE SHRED!

18th MARCH (Day 1-10)
    Shred Level: 1
    Weight:160.7lb (-3.5)
    Waist: 29" (-0.5)
    Hips: 36" (-2)
    Belly: 36" (-2)
    Thigh: 22.5" (-0.5)
    Upper Arm: 12" (same)
    Body Fat Mass: 38lb (-1lb)
    Body Fat %: 23.8% (-0.3%)

I hope the results keep coming. I am starting level 2 tomoro :S

Exxx
  • looby1968
    I'm starting level 2 later today. I haven't done any measuring though, I'll do that tomorrow morning!

Not looking forward to planks!

LouiseXXX
  • looby1968
    Oh for goodness sake!!!!! Level 2!!!!!!! Urgh! It's like going back to last year when I couldn't do Level 1. Those planks are a killer.

But do you know what???? That woman is NOT GOING TO BEAT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • looby1968
    Third post in a row!!!!!! I obviously have a very sad life, with nothing to do!!!!

Here in the UK, Comic Relief is on - fundraising for disadvantaged children in the UK and Africa, so I have decided to donate £30, £1 for each day of the shred.

No matter how much that evil woman screams at me that I can do it (even when I feel like throwing something at the telly), it's nothing compared to what some children have to endure.

LouiseXXX
  • L8dyJ
    L8dyJ Posts: 103 Member
    I am actually doing the same goal secretly myself so reading this is reassuring to have others support on the Lent goal. Count me in.
  • looby1968
    Weight = 186lbs (-.5lb)
    Arm = 13" (-25")
    Chest = 39.5" (- .5")
    Waist = 34.75" (+.75", not sure whether I measured myself correctly!!!!)
    Belly = 38.75" (- .25")
    Hips = 43" (-1.25")
    Thigh = 25.5" (-.5"
    Knee = 17" (- .5")

So apart from the waist (who knows. I'm not measuring it again!!!!) I've lost on all my stats. Whoohooo!!!!!

Level 2 should really move some inches... If I ever manage to do it all correctly. The planks are a killer and I do my very best but it's not good!!!!

LouiseXXX

Ooooooh! Just calculated the overall loss... 2.5"
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Wow, this thread is so motivating! Well done people!!

I've been doing this video for four days so far so I can hopefully catch up with everyone! Does anyone do 20mins of level 1 and than 20mins of level 2 straight after?

My measurements:

Weight: 127 lbs
    Waist: 29"
    Hips: 37"
    Thigh: 21"
    Upper arm: 10.5"
  • looby1968
    Wow, this thread is so motivating! Well done people!!

I've been doing this video for four days so far so I can hopefully catch up with everyone! Does anyone do 20mins of level 1 and than 20mins of level 2 straight after?

My measurements:

Weight: 127 lbs
    Waist: 29"
    Hips: 37"
    Thigh: 21"
    Upper arm: 10.5"

Level 1 and level 2, one after the other???? Not on your nelly!!!!!! I'm only just starting level 2 and can't think of a time I'll be able to complete it without wanting to hurl something heavy at Jillian Michaels!!!!

LouiseXXX
This discussion has been closed.