Plus size-Super size weightloss support

Options
O.k, I know this is a super awesome site but sometimes, Well hell, Alot of the time there are "us" Folk's whom need to loose more than the "Average" 35lbs! I want to start this thread for those who need to loose 50 pounds or more! We need to listen and to support one another on everything from binge eating to depression in this long journey! So here is my Challenge to Every big beautiful woman and Every fluffy sexy man to come fourth, Pour your hearts out! You are NOT alone!

Replies

• ChristyMourning
    Options
    O.k, I know this is a super awesome site but sometimes, Well hell, Alot of the time there are "us" Folk's whom need to loose more than the "Average" 35lbs! I want to start this thread for those who need to loose 50 pounds or more! We need to listen and to support one another on everything from binge eating to depression in this long journey! So here is my Challenge to Every big beautiful woman and Every fluffy sexy man to come fourth, Pour your hearts out! You are NOT alone!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I think this sounds amazing!!!

I have lost 15 pounds and have 109 to go for my goal of 136. :)

My real problem is that I have been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) for over 10 years now, and have come to realize that I will never be happy. I am learning how to be the highest functioning adult that I can be, but I still have a long way to go.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I should deffinatley lose like 50 pounds ..lol Im workin on it
  • kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i'm losing 75 and have only lost 16 in 3 months. its sooooo hard. im working out 6 days a week and eating so well within my calorie limits. i dont get it. weight should fall off. but il do it for as long as it takes..we'll make it!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Hey, I like this idea.

I am newer here (have been outta the loop for a month or two) but I find most who I associate with either have lower weights now they are dealing with or have already lost what they wanted. Which I think is great but as someone who is struggling to start and hasn't seen the results it can be challenging to keep my spirits up about the progress.

I am hoping to lose at least 50-60lbs while my future spouse is overseas for a year and a great support foundation would be wonderful.

B-
  • smillermom
    smillermom Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi Christy! I don't have 50 to lose but believe me, I need a lot of support in my weight loss goals. One day at a time is the only way I can do it and not beating myself up when I fall into a plate of chicken wings. I think for me it is taking a good look at the stuff I was eating and thinking of long term health.
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Options
    Count me in! I've been around MFP for about a month.. now.. I've lost about 25lbs.. give or take.. my scale isn't working :frown: ...... I am a scale addict! I must tip it 5 times a day, at least! Then I take the lowest number for the day.. lol.. does that count?

My HW was 257
    currently at 232
    goal weight 128

I'm having a hard time with my scale not working.. haven't weighed in 2 days.. ugh! But I haven't really eaten anything either.
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    me too. I have more then 50 Lbs to spare. Everyone keep up the good work.
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    me too - i have 75 to go and lost 13lbs so far - its going to be a slow but successful journey - I am hoping!

:smile:
  • kmaug
    kmaug Posts: 23
    Options
    sounds good to me i need all the support I can get :)
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I started with 101 to lose and now have 77 to go and could use all the support I can get. :laugh:
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi All of You Pretty Ladies,

I think one guy needs to weigh in here and it might as well be me. I've had a life long fight with weight. I've been working MFP for about 2 months now. I've lost 100 lbs and still have about 100 to go. I guess that qualifies me to run with this crowd. I don't think it will ever be easy for those of us who've gotten really large. I'll help any way I can.
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    I'm in:wink: I have 75 to lose,
    start 255 lbs
    current 245
    goal 170

I really need to learn to like myself agian:ohwell:
    I tell myself everyday to take it one day at a time.
    Were all in this together.

Mary:smile:
  • samaniegord
    Options
    I had posted earlier about being on a bender...If I allow myself to have a day where I eat whatever I want it turns into a 3 or 4 day bender...like a junkie trying to get off drugs. I cant seem to stick to my guns when my routine is shaken up. I have over 50lbs to loose. Here are my stats.

start weight 189
    current weight 188
    desired weight 135
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i am in the same boat.. I never reallized that I had to loose over 100 lbs... I was doing really well till my recent vacation.. I met new family members, ate foods i have never even heard of and been to resturaunts that we don't have here in Michigan. Well my 5 day trip may of just cost me everything I have done... so far.. But as of today I am back on track... I now know that I can not Veer off and eat like I used to... HENCE how I got over 100 lbs over weight... So I feel if the ones whom have 10 -30 lbs to loose can do it.. then WE CAN To... LETS DO THIS TOGETHER...:bigsmile:

start weight 258 :noway:

Current weight 241 ( I THINK ) lol :frown:

Goal weight 150 :bigsmile:
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey folks,

One of the mental approaches that seems to work for me about 95% of the time is to tell myself that I can eat a cheeseburger or french fries or whatever, just not today. I might say "I'll have one tomorrow or the next day" as part of my mental conversation with the demon. I find that it helps me deal with weaker moments that I have and I normally don't end up taking the bite today or the next day. I also don't go crazy thinking I can never have these kinds of foods. I can eat anything I want. Just not today.

Cheers and good thoughts to all of us!
  • pixiy1003
    pixiy1003 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! I used to be thinner, then life happened and I got depressed and I woke up one morning 5 sizes bigger than I realized. The worst part about it was when I bought all new dress pants for work in my "new larger size" then two weeks later I couldn't button them at all! So I joined MPF and I tell you I need the support, we all do.
  • NancyOwens
    NancyOwens Posts: 27
    Options
    What a great idea. Telling myself I can't have something makes me go searching for something else. By telling myself I can have it I may derail the monster.

Thanks,

Nancy
  • annex1
    annex1 Posts: 31
    Options
    Well if this is super size support, I think I'm the leader of the pack. I started at 398 in January, I am now weighing in at 376, so I think that makes for a 22 pound weight loss. It is so true that once you get to be super sized the weight dosen't want to come off, I ride my exersize bike 5 times a week, and most days I work out in the pool for about 11/2 hours. I don't think people who have never had a weight problem understand how hard it is for those of us who have dieted our whole lives to lose weight. The crash diets do nothing for you but mess up you metabalism(I can't spell for s---) Over the years and over all the diets the scale just climbs. Lose 50, gain 75.

I think I have finally realized it is a just for today thing. Just for today I will eat what is good for me, just for today I will do my exersizes. If I have to look at the big picture - pardon the pun - it is too much to do. But, just for today I can and I will do what it take to make myself a healthy person.

If I can help anyone of this journey, I will. Take care of yourself and love yourself - just for today.:smile:

" The most difficult thing is the decision to act the rest is merely tenacity."
    - Amelia Earhart
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    way to go everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!